Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you remember the time, when we...

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Had four, five even six updates a year? Ever since the Four Dungeons in 2014 we only get three patches a year now.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
At least we're still getting some kind of new additions to the game if we like it or not.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Mr Talon on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
Had four, five even six updates a year? Ever since the Four Dungeons in 2014 we only get three patches a year now.
True, but you also have to remember, a lot of it was already in the works when the game went out to the public. Now players are flying through the content faster than KI can get relatively bug free new content in Test. (Which by the way should go back to what it was a few years ago and be well tested before going live)

I would prefer fewer patches with better and cleaner (bug free) than have 5 or 6 that have more bugs than you can stir with a stick.

I do understand what you are saying but it would be better if new content came to live without all the glitches many have been having over the last couple of years.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Probably has something to do with KI diversifying and spreading their resources across multiple games. There's not just Wizard101 and Pirate101, there are other games they're developing too. I don't even know all of them. Just the other day I was watching videos to speed up progress in a game I play on my iPod and one of the videos that came up was for a KI game called EverClicker.

Hadn't even heard of it before then, so who knows how much stuff their staff is working on? Wizard101 doesn't have the same priority it did years ago.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
High Five Ghost on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
Probably has something to do with KI diversifying and spreading their resources across multiple games. There's not just Wizard101 and Pirate101, there are other games they're developing too. I don't even know all of them. Just the other day I was watching videos to speed up progress in a game I play on my iPod and one of the videos that came up was for a KI game called EverClicker.

Hadn't even heard of it before then, so who knows how much stuff their staff is working on? Wizard101 doesn't have the same priority it did years ago.
"Wizard101 doesn't have the same priority it did years ago."

Well that certainly feels true, and it's sad because this is the game that put them on the map and getting the revenue. What have all their other efforts come too? Fail, and more fail.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
True, but you also have to remember, a lot of it was already in the works when the game went out to the public. Now players are flying through the content faster than KI can get relatively bug free new content in Test. (Which by the way should go back to what it was a few years ago and be well tested before going live)

I would prefer fewer patches with better and cleaner (bug free) than have 5 or 6 that have more bugs than you can stir with a stick.

I do understand what you are saying but it would be better if new content came to live without all the glitches many have been having over the last couple of years.
The reason they can't keep up with the amount of content they were putting out in the past is because precisely what High Five Ghost said. They spread themselves too thin. None of us know what moves were made with their staff, but there is a clear and definitive drop in content output since Darkmoor.

Not only has none of their other endeavors been a success like Wizard101(Save Pirates), in doing so this game is suffering the effects of the lack of attention, that it was once getting.

I would prefer to get what I was getting before. Now I'm paying the same amount for less. Sure there were bugs, but there was enough staff for them be able to work it out well enough that I enjoyed the game.

Edit: And I think most of you did too.

Need a visual of the content timeline? The link takes you to the update notes on wizard101. Just click 'Select a Different Update'. You can see for years we were getting two, even three worlds a year. Not to mention tons of other content.

CLICK HERE

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Mr Talon on Mar 13, 2017 wrote:
The reason they can't keep up with the amount of content they were putting out in the past is because precisely what High Five Ghost said. They spread themselves too thin. None of us know what moves were made with their staff, but there is a clear and definitive drop in content output since Darkmoor.

Not only has none of their other endeavors been a success like Wizard101(Save Pirates), in doing so this game is suffering the effects of the lack of attention, that it was once getting.

I would prefer to get what I was getting before. Now I'm paying the same amount for less. Sure there were bugs, but there was enough staff for them be able to work it out well enough that I enjoyed the game.

Edit: And I think most of you did too.

Need a visual of the content timeline? The link takes you to the update notes on wizard101. Just click 'Select a Different Update'. You can see for years we were getting two, even three worlds a year. Not to mention tons of other content.

CLICK HERE
I thought I was the only one who noticed this stuff. I'm hoping that since Kingsisle is refocusing efforts on their MMOS, then Wizard101 can HOPEFULLY get more than three updates this year.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
My biggest problem is that for myself and other max wizards there's really nothing to keep us interested. There's a couple updates a year but only than the big winter one that usually releases a new world the other other updates don't bring new content. As a max I've finished all story line and side quests, I've got the gear I need, I've crafted everything I want to craft, I've caught all the fish, decorated all my house, trained the pets the way I want them. I've been done with Mirage for a while and there's nothing to keep me interested enough to keep playing until more content gets added which may not be till the next world is released. And I know this isn't the place to talk about Pirate but I've invested time and money in that game and I enjoy it. Players deserve more updates because this is a pay to play game it's not wrong to want more.