Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can Plant Stacking get you Banned?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
As the title says, I was wondering if plant stacking can get you banned. I'm planning on starting a CP farm and want an efficient method of growing them, such as the 60 plant stack method. I've only seen one forum about plant stacking, but there was no definite answer in it, so, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this question, or possibly a KI employee answer this for me. Please and Thank you for responses.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Nope. Stack gardening won't get you banned.

I'm sure thousands of players use this method of gardening. Why would KI ban players for something like this? Lol.
Don't stress over it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Akufoo2 on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
As the title says, I was wondering if plant stacking can get you banned. I'm planning on starting a CP farm and want an efficient method of growing them, such as the 60 plant stack method. I've only seen one forum about plant stacking, but there was no definite answer in it, so, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this question, or possibly a KI employee answer this for me. Please and Thank you for responses.
No, it won't get you banned. But be aware that if you lose seeds during harvest or have other problems with your garden, KI will not help you resolve. Even though it is not a bannable offense, KI does not support plant stacking.

Join wizard101central.com

that is an approved fan site and will provide you will all kinds of information.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
I would like an official KI stance on this as well. I haven't done gardening for a few years but do have some 2-3 layer gardens. I will take them down if KI doesn't approve of them, as I don't want to inadvertently get banned. I've seen different messages over on Central. Seems it's a bannable situation if you manipulate the drops somehow, vs just having a multi tier garden.

Can we please get an official response?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AnnBy on Apr 15, 2017 wrote:
I would like an official KI stance on this as well. I haven't done gardening for a few years but do have some 2-3 layer gardens. I will take them down if KI doesn't approve of them, as I don't want to inadvertently get banned. I've seen different messages over on Central. Seems it's a bannable situation if you manipulate the drops somehow, vs just having a multi tier garden.

Can we please get an official response?
I suspect that some of what you saw in regards to stacking on Central refers to an incident that happened several years ago.

There was a glitch that allow many players to have multiple harvests from Elder Plants. When it was discovered, all involved were banned due to the fact that none of them reported the glitch to KI. Instead they continued to use the glitch.

Stacking won't get you banned but KI doesn't support it and won't help you if you lose seeds or have any other problems with a stacked garden. KI doesn't want to fix the stacking glitch since it is used by many players in Decorating their houses.

Just be sure that if you happen to come across an odd glitch during harvesting that allows you more Elder harvests than the ONE that is intended, that you don't mention it to other players. Contact KI Support and let them know what has happened.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
Actually, 5 years ago, in 2012, a post was made, asking about the same question.

KI did respond to it saying that it isn't a bannable offensive, however, it isn't supported by KI. Meaning you can't get banned by seed stacking (Unless you knowingly abuse an exploit) but if you lose seeds or something like that happens, KI wouldn't help you.

TL;DR version; No but KI won't help you if a glitch happened, effecting your harvest.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
SparkleTude on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
What is plant stacking?!
It is a way to increase the number of plants you can tend at one time... Based on plot size from small, medium or large.

There are several guides on wizard101central.com

You will find them in the gardening forum and there are many who are willing to explain how to do it. It does take a lot of time to set them up but once you get them to your satisfaction, you won't have to do it again.