Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening App

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
I, like many others who play Wizard101 am very into gardening. The rewards that they yield, I find are very worth the effort. However, sometimes I am not able to log on to Wizard101 as sometimes I am away from my computer for a few or more days at a time. During this time my plants become sick and sometimes wither and die. What I propose is a Wizard101 Gardening App that would link with a player's existing account so that we could take care of our plants from our portable devices. I know there would be a few issues with creating an app like this but if made I am sure many people would benefit and be very grateful for it.

Nathan Frostbringer
Max Ice Wizard

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Stop leaving your plants with needs and they will never wither or die. If you leave your house with no needs, it doesn't matter how long until you login again. Your plants CANNOT get sick, wither or die while you are gone.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
seethe42 on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
Stop leaving your plants with needs and they will never wither or die. If you leave your house with no needs, it doesn't matter how long until you login again. Your plants CANNOT get sick, wither or die while you are gone.
While this is true about not leaving them needing items, the clock still runs and you loss harvest opportunities.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
When I have plants growing I tend to their needs before I go to bed. I got up 6 hours later and checked the plants and I had a couch potato in the red wilt/dying mode. Luckily I was able to revive it. So it happens.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
If you can't tend to the needs of your plants consistently, then don't garden.

Always optional.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Andhanni on Jan 8, 2017 wrote:
While this is true about not leaving them needing items, the clock still runs and you loss harvest opportunities.
Actually, that is false. You can be gone for weeks and they will be at the same stage you left them in. Just make sure you tend all needs before leaving the house.

@Davidfire School, If you had one in the wilt/dying stage, then you missed a need for that plant when you tended the plot. Some needs are a little hard to see if you don't look closely. Or, you spell may not have been positioned just right to cover the entire plot. I have had that happen.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Jan 21, 2017 wrote:
Actually, that is false. You can be gone for weeks and they will be at the same stage you left them in. Just make sure you tend all needs before leaving the house.

@Davidfire School, If you had one in the wilt/dying stage, then you missed a need for that plant when you tended the plot. Some needs are a little hard to see if you don't look closely. Or, you spell may not have been positioned just right to cover the entire plot. I have had that happen.
Actually, if you tend to their first set of needs at mature, and then you don't visit for a long time, you will miss out on a bunch of mature harvests.

Whatever stage they were at the last time you tended to them, they will continue to progress to the next stage, but they will stop progressing at the beginning of that stage. So say if a plant was young the last time I tended to it's needs, and I didn't go back for weeks, it would only be mature. The mature doesn't start until that first visit after reaching that stage.

But if I do the same thing right after it hits mature and don't come back for weeks, it will progress all the way through mature to elder without me getting a single mature harvest.

I know because that's what I do with my EMP's. Once they hit mature, I give them one round of spells, and then just leave them until they're elder. I don't need all of the mature harvest drops, so that's my way to avoid them.

You won't lose your plants, but you can lose harvests if the mature timer started on or before your last visit.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
High Five Ghost on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
Actually, if you tend to their first set of needs at mature, and then you don't visit for a long time, you will miss out on a bunch of mature harvests.

Whatever stage they were at the last time you tended to them, they will continue to progress to the next stage, but they will stop progressing at the beginning of that stage. So say if a plant was young the last time I tended to it's needs, and I didn't go back for weeks, it would only be mature. The mature doesn't start until that first visit after reaching that stage.

But if I do the same thing right after it hits mature and don't come back for weeks, it will progress all the way through mature to elder without me getting a single mature harvest.

I know because that's what I do with my EMP's. Once they hit mature, I give them one round of spells, and then just leave them until they're elder. I don't need all of the mature harvest drops, so that's my way to avoid them.

You won't lose your plants, but you can lose harvests if the mature timer started on or before your last visit.
I hate to disagree with you here, but my response was from my own experience.

Back at the end of August, I had planted several Ultra KP's and Ultra HE's on each of my 12 wizards. A few days after I tended the first round of needs, I ended up in the hospital for a week and even after coming home, I did not even log into the game for another 2-3 weeks. Those seeds had not progressed to the next stage and I did not lose any harvests.

What the difference is in your experience and mine is, I don't know.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
High Five Ghost on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:

Maybe the difference of experience we had is that the plants I had at the time were still in the "Young" stage when I went to the hospital. I had tended them about the time I became ill, but had not gone back before I went into the hospital a few days later.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
Maybe the difference of experience we had is that the plants I had at the time were still in the "Young" stage when I went to the hospital. I had tended them about the time I became ill, but had not gone back before I went into the hospital a few days later.
Yes, that would probably be it. All plants have at least one round of needs during the Young stage that need to be taken care of before they progress to Mature.

The Young timer would have continued to run, and your plants would have progressed to Mature. But once they got to Mature, they would have stopped progressing. The Mature timer would only start counting down on your next visit.

I'm not really a big fan of gardening, I just do it because it's beneficial. Because of that, I learned those time saving tips that yield the most rewards I want with the least amount of time spent getting them. Most of my gardens I usually only visit 3 times after I plant them. Once to take care of the Young needs, once to take care of the Mature needs, and once to harvest them at Elder. With my EMP gardens, I only care about the Elder harvests, so it works out just fine.