Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which Mirage character intrigues you the most?

The fish.
1% [1]
The genie.
8% [7]
The robed woman.
7% [6]
The floating skull.
38% [31]
The cat.
10% [8]
The purple-skinned warrior.
21% [17]
The fox.
6% [5]
Something else.
6% [5]

Feedback Friday 10-21-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and it's time for a new topic! Let's get on with it, shall we?

Today, let's talk about the announcement of our next world, Mirage, with this teaser segment of KI Live (skip to about 32 minutes in if you want to see it). Which character intrigues you the most? Please cast your vote on the poll above. If you'd like to elaborate below... what makes you particularly excited about that character? What do you think their story is?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Professor Falmea on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:

Today, let's talk about the announcement of our next world, Mirage, with this teaser segment of KI Live (skip to about 32 minutes in if you want to see it). Which character intrigues you the most? Please cast your vote on the poll above. If you'd like to elaborate below... what makes you particularly excited about that character? What do you think their story is?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
The purple skinned guy.

I think he is one of Old Cob's children, The Scorpion, and I'm curious to see how he will try to steal the sun.

Community Leader
I say the floating skull. I'll be interested to know what it's role is and who it sides with. I think the purple-skinned warrior is a little obvious in terms of who he is and what he'll be doing, but there are likely still many surprises in Mirage.

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The fox is adorable, and that's all I have to say about the matter at hand.

But as long as I'm here, I do want to say I thought the fish was a camel, and only the head was visible.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
I think that all of the characters look awesome!! However, the one that really interested me the most was definitely the fox! Foxes are one of my favorite animals, and I am really excited to see some more fox-like characters in Wizard101!

I've also noticed that the fox looks quite similar to a fennec fox, a species of fox which are well known for their large ears. They also happen to live in the Sahara Desert, which goes well with Mirage considering Nalia Dunestrider described Mirage as "An oasis in a desert of mystery".

I'm soexcited for Mirage to come out! Keep up the awesome work, KingsIsle!!

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
I find the skull most intriguing for me, because its the only creature that has no body, just a floating skull and most creatures in wizard101 are in full bodies, I think. Also there is a crown on the skull with one eye socket glowing, possibly some power gem? The crown makes me think that the skull was or is a king and unlike the others where they are much obvious on how they would influence the story, the skull gives much outstanding attention which is so mysterious and unusual for KI to put that. But I like that; a new mysterious character whose character seems different compare to others.

Alejandro

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I'm gonna say... the giant hooded figure with purple eyes. Hmm...

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
The skull out of all of them it's the most mysterious you can't tell what side it's on hope it's on ours

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I don't see a clip. Where is the clip posted, please?

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Professor Falmea on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:

what does intrigues means?

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
The floating skull and the skeleton Mice/rats.the purple skinned guy i like all character i seen on picture of Mirage
i hope there is new pets to collect,semi easy to medium adventures and lots of weapon ,items, and pet snack drops.
it is going be interesting to get there especially if you can't get pass the rat. is there going be a easier quest to get there for ones who can't passed the rat or what?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Thanks for creating new game content; I'm excited, and looking forward to this. Mysterious figure, skull, purple skinned dude, geni, fox; everything looks intriguing! I'll just want to experience it all when it becomes available! Will this be available before Christmas, or Spring?

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
I really liked the design of the floating skull. The character seems really interesting as it has no body, it's just a floating skull and it leaves me with a feeling of mystery and darkness. Thanks for the Mirage teaser KingsIsle!

Hero
May 07, 2015
who wouldn't think a floating skull would be cool?

Hero
May 07, 2015
a floating skull sounds awesome!!!!!!!! hopefully I can get to Polaris by when mirage gets released!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I notice that your list leaves out what I'm going to call the "Undead Cat."

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
JustinFrostHunter on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
Intrigue and interest are the same thing (pretty much.)

So they are asking which character do you like best, or interests you the most, or are you most curious about.

Intrigued by means all those things :)

Fascinated and interested are both synonyms (similar meaning) for "intrigued."

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Am I the only one who cannot see a video clip in this topic??

I even looked on you tube. I did not see anything official there.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
SparkleTude on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
Am I the only one who cannot see a video clip in this topic??

I even looked on you tube. I did not see anything official there.
If you click the 'KI Live' right before the brackets, a link to the stream opens.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Blaze Sandblade on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
If you click the 'KI Live' right before the brackets, a link to the stream opens.
Thank you! I had hovered my mouse over the entire original post a few times and hadn't seen a link. This time I went much more slowly and literally the words "Kings Isle" are a link in the original post (for others who didn't catch it either.)

I had thought the video was embedded and one of my add-ons must be blocking it.

My first attempt at a post today got eaten in some bizarre keyboard-mouse incident, so I will be briefer in this reply. No energy to start over.

I love their smiles (in the video), it looks like a fun place to work.

Pirates 101 looks fun but not sure I can afford to go all in on both games.

At the 32 minute mark or so is a brief glimpse of "Mirage" for Wizard 101 but it's just a still photo really and some music. So I cannot tell enough about it to be truly "intrigued" by anything in specific. I will say I'm glad to see two female characters. That is one thing I like about this game. And they don't look a certain way that many female video game characters do. (Which, to me, is a plus.)

If I felt curiosity about any in the drawing it would be the central character, the dark haired woman with the skull in her hand. Who is she? Why does the skull have a gem in it? Hmm.

"Mirage" looks like a desert world - reminds me a bit of "Prince of Persia?"

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
The most interesting of the Mirage characters shown would have to be the robed woman for me as I find it intriguing how she is in the center of the image. Most of the time (at least from what I have learned...) the most important person is always in the front and center. It is for these reasons that I think the purple skinned is NOT the scorpion and the robed woman is the Scorpion. This is why I think the robed woman is the most interesting.
Tatiana Deathflame level 98

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
JustinFrostHunter on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
Intrigues means: to arouse curiosity or interest by an unusual, new or otherwise fascinating or compelling qualities. In simpler terms, it means to appeal to someone and to make them interested to know more.
For example, if you saw a commercial for a new update for Wizard101 (again just saying not that there is one), you might be intrigued by it.

[Definition from dictionary dot com]

- Tatiana Deathflame level 98

Administrator
Well, I will definitely say the floating skull is a character... and I'm loving all of these predictions! I've spent some time running through Mirage content and it's looking great! I can't wait for us to share it with everyone.

New topic coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea