Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reported for "begging"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2021
Hello. I have been reported back-to-back because I was in the commons asking for gifts. There was an argument that broke out between some people, saying that to stop begging and get a job and so on. I then Ignored those people, and kept on asking in hopes someone would be generous and gift me some items I have on my wishlist. I was then reported which caught me by surprise. I then proceeded to ask; "who reported me?" then I got reported a few seconds after that again. I went to explain that reporting someone for "begging" or asking for gifts is not a violation of the terms and services and the people replied that "this is your sign to stop begging and go away." What I would like to see, is some official clarification and guidance about reporting people who are "begging" or asking for gifts and how they are NOT a violation of any rules or terms. This is causing a lot of distress and worry for a lot of people who get reported for asking. Those people who do report, refuse to use other options they have in game such as the ignore button but precede to continue on arguing and making the situation worse then eventually reporting the person who is asking (such as myself).

Administrator
firelegend2345 on Sep 3, 2021 wrote:
Hello. I have been reported back-to-back because I was in the commons asking for gifts. There was an argument that broke out between some people, saying that to stop begging and get a job and so on. I then Ignored those people, and kept on asking in hopes someone would be generous and gift me some items I have on my wishlist. I was then reported which caught me by surprise. I then proceeded to ask; "who reported me?" then I got reported a few seconds after that again. I went to explain that reporting someone for "begging" or asking for gifts is not a violation of the terms and services and the people replied that "this is your sign to stop begging and go away." What I would like to see, is some official clarification and guidance about reporting people who are "begging" or asking for gifts and how they are NOT a violation of any rules or terms. This is causing a lot of distress and worry for a lot of people who get reported for asking. Those people who do report, refuse to use other options they have in game such as the ignore button but precede to continue on arguing and making the situation worse then eventually reporting the person who is asking (such as myself).
Hello! If you feel that you have been falsely reported, you can contact Customer Support here: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

We try our best to spread the awareness of how to use our reporting system. Unfortunately not everyone will read it, no matter how hard we try. You can also look to this forum post we made last week in regards to our reporting system: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/using-the-reporting-system-8ad6a4267b584d28017b7f446852667e?page=1

Hope this helps!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
firelegend2345 on Sep 3, 2021 wrote:
I have never seen anyone post in favor of begging. I'm guessing since it's considered in very poor taste in most civilized circles. Also, you reflected on it " not a violation of any rules or terms." If you read them carefully, it could be considered a violation of both since most seem to consider it harassment, and it inhibits their enjoyment of the game.
KI has largely avoided this issue though. I'm curious about your post however. What is it about begging that you think is good, or good for the game? Please don't say "I'm not begging, I'm asking to be gifted." According to Mental Voids response about it on another post,(which I verified) Gifts are freely given, not asked for. So if you are asking, yes you are indeed begging. I look forward to your response. I also wish you Happy Spiraling, begging or not.