Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does Diego work?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Don't get me wrong, KI has done a lot to improve the game lately after years of stagnation. And I realise that Wizard101 is not currently an esport, so nobody expects updates to be released every patch to achieve pitch-perfect balance.

BUT, since PVP is finally becoming more about about player skill, outplay potential, and lessening RNG (which is the direction KI needed to take), PVP'ers really do need to know precisely how Diego determines the matches that run to timer. Keeping the inner workings hidden doesn't make sense at all from an objective gameplay standpoint, and I have half a suspicion that if a match is 'even' enough, Diego just rolls the dice to determine the winner.
I have won games I expected to lose, and lost games I expected to win. I haven't the time to sit down and brute-force matches to determine exactly which spells synergize best with Diego.

There needs to be a PSA on a patch update that explains EXACTLY how Diego works. Otherwise its still mickey-mouse gaming, fundamentally. In every other game, there is a system of formalized rules that explains how a game is meant to be played, and how to win that game in the event of a tie / evenly matched game (usually, it's sudden death or a variant thereof).