Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The `Bloom` Graphics Option No Longer Functions As Expected

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
Hello! Since the transition to a 64-bit client (Spring Update), the Bloom option in the games graphical settings no longer does anything. There are a lot of places in the game that bloom enhances that magical look of the game. The Commons was one of them, and Olde Town. Now, regardless of whether or not it is on or off, it does nothing. I was hoping this could be fixed since I did like playing with it on.

For those who don't know, Bloom is a graphical effect that adds a glow or lighting effect to objects that either cast light (like the sky) or that reflect/refract light. It also generally brightens up the screen making it much more vibrant. It's not to everyone's taste, but I enjoyed it. I just thought someone should be aware.

Administrator
Eathe on May 31, 2021 wrote:
Hello! Since the transition to a 64-bit client (Spring Update), the Bloom option in the games graphical settings no longer does anything. There are a lot of places in the game that bloom enhances that magical look of the game. The Commons was one of them, and Olde Town. Now, regardless of whether or not it is on or off, it does nothing. I was hoping this could be fixed since I did like playing with it on.

For those who don't know, Bloom is a graphical effect that adds a glow or lighting effect to objects that either cast light (like the sky) or that reflect/refract light. It also generally brightens up the screen making it much more vibrant. It's not to everyone's taste, but I enjoyed it. I just thought someone should be aware.
The Bloom Graphics setting does have some issues we're looking into. If it isn't working for you, please turn it off in the meantime.