Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Consistency from PvP and PvE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
So here's something that has bothered me about PvP vs PvE lately. I want to hear others' thoughts but if nobody responds I'll be happy to just express it in writing.

What ever happened to keeping PvP and PvE the same? I remember watching a KI Live a while back and heard one of the devs say that they want to keep PvP and PvE the same in some sense. Mainly because you wouldn't want the two fight styles to be completely different games.

Now, to clarify, I am aware that the builds and metas used are (and should be) very different in the two. Plus, I actually do think that banning cards in one or the other should make sense. It does make the rules of the game consistent to, I don't know I guess I can call it lore. If a wizard goes on a quest or adventure they should do all things necessary to complete the mission at hand. Then when battling peers, OP/unfair cards are banned. Sort of like a street fight versus MMA. In a sanctioned match it might be a simulated fight, but you're not allowed to claw, pull hair, kick a man while he's down. Also like fencing versus an actual sword fight. Or like paintball versus war. Those limitations make sense to me.

Now what I don't agree with- and the reason I want to express it is KI has actively been pushing/encouraging this concept- is cards that have different rules for the two. For example bad juju. The reason I don't like this is it destroys the consistency for no reason. Why not just make it the same? I get that 300 damage or whatever bad juju is wouldn't be practical for PvP. Fair, but then why not make it 33% health regardless? In my opinion if that would make bosses too hard, wouldn't it be better and easier to just make the bosses easier because if that spell is really necessary for gameplay then obviously bosses are getting a little out of hand and need to bring the power down.

Any thoughts on either side? I'd like to hear the logic on both sides. Otherwise that's all I have to say about it.