Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stun Immunity ruins PvE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
My problem with Stun Immunity on Bosses is that it unfairly puts certain schools at more of a disadvantage than others.

Boss fights are the situations where a wizard is valued the most on what unique element they bring to the fight. For all of the most important fights in the game schools like Ice/Myth are completely denied some of their strongest utility. This is especially obvious with Myth after the spell audit with Medusa being relegated to a PvP only spell. It's a shame to have designed a cute spell like Wooly Mammoth just to have Ice wizards skip the spell quest completely.

Most schools have a utility that they can bring to any fight. I haven't seen any DoT immune bosses. I haven't seen any Critical immune or Drain Health immune bosses. But there are so many Stun Immune bosses that a spell is actually less useful for having a Stun than if it didn't.

Please consider changing the Stun Immunity rule. A medium-high Stun block percentage would be understandable but at least give wizards the chance to benefit from the utilities of the school they chose 100 or so levels ago. Or at the very least make it more obvious to players at the start of the game that they should pick Fire.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Stuns would make certain bosses way too easy. Also it would mess with their cheats.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
I completely agree.

Yes, Ice has the lowest damage output (tied with Life). But for the large portion of players who don't play PVP, Ice also is plagued with useless utility. Stun has essentially no value in PVE (like, when has stun actually helped in MOB fights); Taunt is also next to useless since damage raises the threat level anyway.

This contrasts highly with Storm, who has fantastic utility spells while also sporting the highest damage in the game. Ice is the tank, which pars well against Storms DPS, but the utility factor puts Ice/Myth on a lower level.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
There are plenty of myth bosses, what do you mean it is denied.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Defender
Jul 26, 2012
Agreed. Although stuns do have potential for abuse via "stun locking" I think the current PvE system of gaining stun shields after being stunned is adequate enough to prevent this. I don't think stuns would be anymore broken than spamming dispels or Bad Juju. And based on my experience it doesn't seem like stuns can actually stop a boss from cheat-casting whereas dispels can. Giving bosses complete stun immunity hurts the usability of mid-rank Myth, Ice, and Fire spells in PvE.

I'm find with endgame or challenging group bosses being immune to stuns, but I believe it should be removed from the majority of bosses who are encountered through leveling and questing.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think stun immunity on non-bosses irritates PvErs. There are way too many non-bosses that can't be stunned. Stun immunity, beguile immunity, etc, should be a special BOSS characteristic. Otherwise, it really does dilute the worth of the spells that stun. Since Polaris, it got better, but I think everything BELOW Polaris needs to be retooled so that street fight monsters don't have stun/beguile immunity