Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Keep on getting caught on the sidewalk in Sunken

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2019
Hello. I keep on getting caught into duels in the sidewalk of Sunken City by monsters. I was wondering, if this was a bug or a mechanic in the dungeon. If someone from the Kingsle team can help me or explain to me why this is, that would be grateful, as I am struggling on this quest.

Regards,

Autumn GhostWhisper, level 20
Destiny SpriteDreamer level 6

Administrator
SparkleSack2004 on Jul 19, 2019 wrote:
Hello. I keep on getting caught into duels in the sidewalk of Sunken City by monsters. I was wondering, if this was a bug or a mechanic in the dungeon. If someone from the Kingsle team can help me or explain to me why this is, that would be grateful, as I am struggling on this quest.

Regards,

Autumn GhostWhisper, level 20
Destiny SpriteDreamer level 6
There are 'some' sidewalks that are unsafe, and this area might be one of them. In general though the sidewalks are safe.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You've to exercise extreme caution when travelling though Sunken City.

The mobs there seem to have a much more stronger pull span than regular ones making it easier for you to get pulled into battles.

The sidewalks there are indeed safe, but I recommend using a smaller mount to travel on them rather than larger ones such as birds.

Also, note that Sunken City isn't the only area where you will find mobs that can easily pull you in, but as a tip, they are mostly found in dungeons.

Good Luck!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2019
Oh. Thank you so much! I didn't know that until now, lol

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Don't be mad KI.
I hope they will consider widening the sidewalks at some point in the Sunken City.

Or put a streetlight where there are very problematic corners.

It is almost impossible to get through Sunken City without being pulled.
Add to that: it's a team up, which some people troll; people bail easily; beginning players cannot complete the dungeon alone; and that there always seems to be one person who won't listen, and races ahead of everyone else, and gets pulled repeatedly, requiring rescue...

It is a very tough dungeon but not in a strategic way...

There's one area, too, where it is dark and the angle is such that you cannot really see the monster about to go past the gate you have to dash through.

I teamed up 2-3 times to help others, hoping someone needed the help; and often, the people were doing the dungeon on a lark, and kept doing some of that stuff on purpose. Others were pulled by accident and became anxious.

Then there were higher level players who helped me at the time, but even they got pulled in some of the spots in Sunken City. One got so upset by being pulled, they said "I can't do this," and fled. (They did come back later in the week to help me finish the city.)

I know it is kind of a traditional part of Wiz101 to get pulled in by monsters, but it seems like I even got pulled while standing on the sidewalk a few times too. There is one spot where the monsters' reach seems to go past the road.

So I hope this can be revamped some day.