Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2nd Teleport Mark... (and more teleporters..)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
Kingsisle, this really should have been in the game a while ago. One teleport mark is great and pretty darn useful, but it is still a pain to get from one place to another, even with the mark (for example, leave a mark by quest goal, go complete quest, teleport back to goal, leave another mark, go all the way back to where you just were to continue the quest, then teleport back to goal again).

I understand that KI works hard on the scenery in the worlds (nice job with Empyrea, btw) and they want us to see the worlds and their unique areas, but it really does start to wear on you after running back and forth 20 times (I'm looking at you, Khrysalis part 1...). It would still cost the same amount of mana to place a second mark. Maybe the second mark's color and teleport button could be red, or green? Something to let the player know which mark is which. It could be granted to the player after completing a quest at a certain level (though I'm not sure how the npc you interact with to get it would explain it since teleport marks are never actually brought up in any dialogue), or after completing a world. Maybe after Avalon or Azteca?

Either way, I hope I'm not the only one that would like to travel back and forth between areas faster.

Another thing is that I would like it if KI would add teleporters to various areas in the hub areas of each world. Not so much Wizard City, but Krok, Marley, Mooshu, and Dragon could benefit from this. It's been pretty nice in Khrysalis, Polaris, and Mirage, so I'd like to see teleporters in the earlier worlds in the game too.

Survivor
May 02, 2016
Everyone has such wonderful ideas!

I have only just got to Azteca, but I can always say I agree with you! Dragonspyre was a personal nightmare for me. Unfortunately, I am severely directionally challenged, so I kept getting so turned around. All the streets look so similar, that I ended up spinning around sometimes wondering how to follow a drunk quest helper (my arrow sometimes gets about as turned around as I do).

Having teleporters in the lower worlds would be fantastic! However, I also think that maybe instead of having a second "mark", maybe something like in the quest, once you've completed the goals, the center should turn into a "Go to -insert hand in person here-" And when you click it can teleport you to them. That seems like it would be so much more useful in gameplay. Plus, it would still keep the element of exploring the worlds at large, but minimize the intensity of all the "errand" quests.

So happy to see this being brought up! I have encountered this problem so much, but aside from complaining about it with my friends, I have never thought to actually say something.