Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion Upgrade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I have recently been making posts trying to support the idea of Myth getting an upgrade. I realize now that the main problem with Myth is the fact that the minions are becoming less and less useful. Almost to the point where it is better not to summon them. This holds true with a lot of schools, especially at exalted or above.
I was thinking one day about ways to improve minions and how their usefulness can scale to all existing and future level limits and schools. I realized that what a lot of people have been doing these days is creating secondary accounts or borrowing a sibling's account so that they can control two wizards at the same time. I asked myself "What if you could do something like that with minions?" In other words, the player would be able to directly control the minion as if it were another character. It would be very useful if you had the option to choose what spell the minion casts and on what target. This is useful in the fact that you can more easily direct the flow of the battle without any risks. This might be achieved by adding a smaller row of cards beneath the summoners row of cards.
Some people might say that this can be quite unfair for others, especially in PvP. If the minion can be controlled, then there is the issue of people repeatedly abusing the same card in order to gain the advantage. Like if a Myth were to summon Talos and force it to cast a stun every round. That would be a nightmare for anybody. My solution to this would be to reduce the number of cards a minion can hold in its hand at one time. The maximum number of cards a wizard can hold is seven. It may be appropriate to scale the maximum amount of cards the minion can hold in its hand to the total number of different spells it has access to. For example, if the Ice minion spell "Ice Guardian" has six different spells to choose from, it may be appropriate to have a maximum hand of two cards to choose from. The more spells a minion can use, the higher this number may become. This could mean that as the rank of the minion increases, so does the number of cards it can hold in its hand. The minion could also be given the option to pass as well.
This is certainly a useful idea, but it doesn't mean that higher level wizards would find it useful. I have another idea for minions that could make their usefulness scale to higher levels. However, I am running out of room on this page so I don't believe I will be able to explain it to you. I might pick back up on it after this is posted.
Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. This is not just an idea for Myth, this is an idea that applies to all schools.