Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop Rate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
I don't know what is happening in my game. I have been farming loremaster for over a month somewhere in the range of 500 times. I have not had one single spell dropped to me but seems like when I am not by myself someone in the group gets a spell. I know that it is difficult enough to get one spell much less a specific one. I have crafted both paw and samoorai on my balance and just want the loremaster spell but I have not even had one spell dropped to me the whole time. Any advice besides the obvious keep farming or is there something wrong with my game cause I really don't want to waste anymore time there if I am not even going to get one spell at all.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2013
There is nothing wrong with your game. The drop rates for permanent spells is way way lower than even a crowns item/pet drop, so you have three options, collect the reagents and craft the spells, keep farming the loremaster till one drops, or you can buy crowns and purchase card packs titled ............'s lore pack until you get one, on the test realm I got Catalan from the Knight's lore pack by doing this, but on live realm I never use crowns, so there are three options.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I guess you're one of those people then. You know the drop rate has to be supremely low, because you don't have to craft it, but despite how may times you try, you don't get a card. It doesn't matter if you do it alone or with a group or if you kill her fast or slow, it takes a lot of patience and luck. Take it from a girl who had to do it 1,078 times before he got a card (Yes, I kept count. :) ) Keep trying and if you continue, good luck.

Charles Nightsword, Level 37 See you in the Spiral!!! (or not)

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
You already know all the answers you are going to recieve, There is no way to get a specific item out of a boss, it is random each time, either keep trying or give up.