Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

im dying really fast

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Okay well I'm doing my spell quest for spinysaur, and I'm dying in the 3rd round. The minions keep stunning my so I can't heal and the boss just keeps using Lord of winter witch makes me loose 3 pips. The boss it too hard to beat
I'm life

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Gabriel rainbowshi... on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
Okay well I'm doing my spell quest for spinysaur, and I'm dying in the 3rd round. The minions keep stunning my so I can't heal and the boss just keeps using Lord of winter witch makes me loose 3 pips. The boss it too hard to beat
I'm life
I am having the same problem in Dragonspyre with one of the bosses, her minions are 2 Protection Pox and they don't even cast spells they just cast sheilds from every school, and it makes it impossible to beat. My suggestion is to keep trying and not give up! Thats what i think i am doing seince no one has replied to my post yet.

Angela Gem
Level 46
school

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Angela Gem on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I am having the same problem in Dragonspyre with one of the bosses, her minions are 2 Protection Pox and they don't even cast spells they just cast sheilds from every school, and it makes it impossible to beat. My suggestion is to keep trying and not give up! Thats what i think i am doing seince no one has replied to my post yet.

Angela Gem
Level 46
school
I did that.
Kill the pox, than hit the boss.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I'm life
That is why I am in no hurry to go for my spell if I ever do and I already have the quest for it.

The spell quests are beyond reason. Granted, I know a lot of players are beating these, but I also supect that many are also using Henchmen. Not everyone can afford to buy them.

As for the stunning, I suggest packing some Stun Blocks and Conviction to the max in your sideboards leaving only enough space for some TC Blades, Feints, traps or what you can for some added boosts to your damage spells especially for the boss. Try Forest Lords to take out those minions. Other than that, I wish you the best of luck.

Angela Gem, As Molly said, get rid of those Pox first, then deal with the boss.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
I'm life
I might be able to help you although my life lvl 90 focused on xibalba and does not play much more and has yet to seek sphinosaur.Here are the clothes needed.

Full esprit clothes.
Sword of the kings
A pet with spritley and spell proof and defy any other 2 talents.
Wolfs amtheyst claw
The life blade conviniction amulet.
Ring of the hunting wolf
A deck that is at least lvl 80+
Here is a little deck setup.
4 tower shields
6 satyrs
5 stun blocks.
3 forest lords
4 fairies
5 legend shields.
3 convinictions
5 life blades.
5 sharpen blades
3 feints
3 spirit blades
2 spirit traps
3 potent traps.
3 gnomes
Side deck:
17 convinictions
4 myth shields
5 ice shields.

If you do not think this works then let me know I can change the deck a bit.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Angela Gem on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:

Angela Gem
Level 46
school
Use . They don`t have very good resist, so a few Judgement tc`s will easily defeat them.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
That is why I am in no hurry to go for my spell if I ever do and I already have the quest for it.

The spell quests are beyond reason. Granted, I know a lot of players are beating these, but I also supect that many are also using Henchmen. Not everyone can afford to buy them.

As for the stunning, I suggest packing some Stun Blocks and Conviction to the max in your sideboards leaving only enough space for some TC Blades, Feints, traps or what you can for some added boosts to your damage spells especially for the boss. Try Forest Lords to take out those minions. Other than that, I wish you the best of luck.

Angela Gem, As Molly said, get rid of those Pox first, then deal with the boss.
I agree. I have not tried many rounds, but, trusty me, for balance, it is hard, and hard I mean. There is a balance boss, and two ice minions, which always use hard things, which I cannot remember. The boss then, uses power nova, then, I just remembered, the ice dudes use lord of winter, and then boss uses judgement. Man, only way to defeat him is with chimera, too much resistance for balance

Cole Dunerunner

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
AZ ice mobs are about the worst thing I can think of, besides slamming your fingers in a car door.

You are outnumbered by boss-sized minions that cast ice spells which pack storm-level damage. Ice kraken, icezilla, those are actually storm spells dressed up in beautiful unique snowflakes.

Unlike storm, they tower up like all get-out and stun and stun and stun. And, they have lots and LOTS of DOT shield-munching frostbites and troll angels and the like.

They are far more dangerous to you than walking right into a room full of Catalans.

Two things you need because of stun:

--Stun block, pack your deck with stun blocks until you can reliably draw one on the first turn, every first turn.

--A pet that may cast heals. If you lose your turn because of stun, your pet can RECOVER THE LOST TURNS doing something useful. This is arguably way more important than stun block - it breaks a fundamental symmetry of the game, the rule that each wizard may cast only one spell a turn. It even gets around Lord of Winter because pet spells don't rely on pips.

Optional: Trained infallible, tc infallible. Use them. You will never be able to keep up with all the towers, not even as Myth with fistfuls of shatters and quakes. Especially going second. That armor piercing will be there for you for 4 TURNS so you can fire n' forget, and get through for damage without losing a turn stripping layer upon layer of towers off first.

Ice resistant gear is helpful too, but only Storm IIRC has a pure-ice spell quest ahead of them. Usually you get a vexing mix of grim calacas + a bloated fire or death boss. Don't put all your eggs in the ice basket and then get OHKO'd by a crit Efreet first turn.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I have been dying to quick against the life guardian in Dragonspyre my clothes give me critical rating and I want to keep that but they gives the most worst health if there is anyway to change that I hope they do.......

Christopher Life Heart

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I am not life, I am balance, but I will convert my balance advice into life.

#1. Get resist (Ice)
#2. Feint and enchant feint the minions.
#3. Blade if you can't kill with enchanted Forest Lord, if you can then do it.
#4. Heal

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
Gabriel I would be happy to help you with those myth mobs they sometimes annoy me too but I have beat than many times. I will usually be available at around 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm Central time so if you can be on by then I can help you.

Ryan Duskspear Level 90 Death