Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm deck advice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Hey guys I was just curious of everyones opinions on storm spells. This is for questing. But what do you guys think of my setup? I run five tempest, 3 storm lord, 3 sirens, 2 kraken, four owls, and 2 levi. What changes would you guys make? or should I stick with what I have? For some reason the 3 siren 3 lords seems like it could be changed but i am not sure. Thanks guys.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Too many cards. Depending on level and what you are fighting, you should pick on AoE - usually Storm Lord or Siren - as your main attack. Have that, Colossal, and blades/sharp. For mobs that's about it. Add a damage aura for more damage, infallible hitting through shields or resist, mass prism for same school as needed.

For bosses add a damage appropriate single attack, and/or traps/feint. Your fights should go buff, buff, kill or buff, buff, kill all but boss, buff, kill boss. If you routinely need more than four rounds or have to pass, chances are there's clutter in your deck.

For soloing longer fights you may want to add school specific shields (single or double) and/or a heal. TC versions are nice because you can pull them when you need them, but they don't get in the way of your regular spells.

Tempest is a great backup hit, but shouldn't be your primary. Use it to clean up if an enemy throws up a last minute weakness or shield and survives your main attack. I keep a damage enchanted Temp in my TC deck just in case.

My best advice for playing storm: hit hard, hit fast, keep it simple.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dylan StormForge on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
Hey guys I was just curious of everyones opinions on storm spells. This is for questing. But what do you guys think of my setup? I run five tempest, 3 storm lord, 3 sirens, 2 kraken, four owls, and 2 levi. What changes would you guys make? or should I stick with what I have? For some reason the 3 siren 3 lords seems like it could be changed but i am not sure. Thanks guys.
hi dylan~ in my humble exalted diviner's opinion, that's way too many cards.

here is my mob deck:

2 stormblades
1 sharpened blade
2 colossal
1 sirens or storm lord
1 tempest
1 reshuffle

for bosses: 2 elemental blades, 1 extra sharp blade and colossal, a couple of healing currents,1 galvanic field, glowbug squall, stun blocks (for ice/myth/storm) and maybe a single hit like levy or owl.

sideboard: tc satyr

that's all you really need. anything else is just unnecessary clutter.

-von
exalted

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
First of all, don't use the same deck setup for mobs and bosses. For mobs, I'd say keep blades, a couple Sirens and a Tempest. For bosses, blades, a couple Feints if you have it, (shields if you like to use them), some Sirens and Owls, a Temp or two, and maybe a Leviathan.