Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maycast - Myth or True?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I have often noticed my "maycast" pets don't cast much (or hardly ever) in the first 15 minutes of gameplay. Perhaps when I switch pets too.

I know there's lots of myths and superstitious beliefs, but is my observation correct? Is there a wam-up period where the casting probability is extra low?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Nope, it's just luck. Any time you have a trigger you have the same chance for a cast.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
KI says its just luck on casting, but when my mega fierce hound 2nd gen or my mega deer knight 2nd gen have two or three healing spritely healing spells going around me at the same time, I wonder. Good luck in the Spiral.
Michael

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I notice my pets really love to cast their spells just after I killed the mobs or boss. I really wish they would fix this. What use is it for a pet to cast fire blade AFTER you hit and kill? (that is just one example - there are plenty more examples) Very rarely does my pet cast the blade before I hit and kill. In fact on this particular pet I cannot remember a time it ever casted a fire blade when I could really use it. But Oh Well. Doubt they will ever try to revamp these pets to actually be useful.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted
Scarlet FireEyes Level 63
Scarlet SwiftRiver Level 40
Scarlet GhostGarden Level 20

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
hopefulz33 on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
I notice my pets really love to cast their spells just after I killed the mobs or boss. I really wish they would fix this. What use is it for a pet to cast fire blade AFTER you hit and kill? (that is just one example - there are plenty more examples) Very rarely does my pet cast the blade before I hit and kill. In fact on this particular pet I cannot remember a time it ever casted a fire blade when I could really use it. But Oh Well. Doubt they will ever try to revamp these pets to actually be useful.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted
Scarlet FireEyes Level 63
Scarlet SwiftRiver Level 40
Scarlet GhostGarden Level 20
Blade maycasts are mainly triggered by attacking, but can also be triggered by casting blades. Try using a wand to get it to cast.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
seethe42 on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
Blade maycasts are mainly triggered by attacking, but can also be triggered by casting blades. Try using a wand to get it to cast.
Kinda defeats the purpose of a pet with may-cast spells. The whole point of a well-hatched pet is to help you with tough battles. I'm certainly not going to wand cast just to encourage may-cast spells.

I remember repeatedly hatching to get an uber-may-cast death pet. Traps & blades... what a waste of time & gold.

Unfortunate result: the non-healing may-cast spells are undesirable.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
RottenHeart on Mar 11, 2015 wrote:
Kinda defeats the purpose of a pet with may-cast spells. The whole point of a well-hatched pet is to help you with tough battles. I'm certainly not going to wand cast just to encourage may-cast spells.

I remember repeatedly hatching to get an uber-may-cast death pet. Traps & blades... what a waste of time & gold.

Unfortunate result: the non-healing may-cast spells are undesirable.
May-cast aura talents are quite helpful, and healing of course. Sprite is still my favorite.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
My understanding of the may cast heals, is that they trigger when health is affected.
When you get hit, when the enemy gets hit, when your partners get hit. When you heal... this includes over time heals and damages as well.
It's a percentage chance for each instance of health affected, so AOE spells have the chance for each of the effected targets.

The blades, My deer knight had may cast death blade, usually he'd cast during the run of my blading myself up. My armament has balance blade, but seems to only cast it on a wand hit, but always within the first three. I usually use an off school wand, and attack with it when I'm building pips anyway...

Traps, they seem to trigger while blading or trapping

Shields seem to go after you get hit

I've yet to get an aura, so I have no opinion on these as of yet.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I've got to go along with the "luck" opinions. All of the pets I have with may-cast heals are sporadic at best. I've had pets go for days without doing a thing then all of a sudden they'll go crazy and cast every other round. As far as blades go, I agree that wand hits seem to trigger may-cast blades more often than anything else and a lot of times after the last kill hit of a battle my pets will blade me. A little late but at least I know they're awake.