Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name change!??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
I do not know about the rest of you, but I regret the name I gave my wizard now, but he's such a high lvl that I'd really regret ( and feel ridiculous doing) deleting/making a whole new character.... just to change his name. Thus the idea!

What if you could change your wizards name? It could be a potion or something you pay crowns for, or perhaps a merchant that you can buy it from using money ( such as Mr. Lincoln).
Fellow wizards, do you think this is a bad idea, why or why not?
Post your opinion plz!
Who knows, if enough people like we could get this done

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
SteamPunk Wizard on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
I do not know about the rest of you, but I regret the name I gave my wizard now, but he's such a high lvl that I'd really regret ( and feel ridiculous doing) deleting/making a whole new character.... just to change his name. Thus the idea!

What if you could change your wizards name? It could be a potion or something you pay crowns for, or perhaps a merchant that you can buy it from using money ( such as Mr. Lincoln).
Post your opinion plz!
thats an awesome idea!

well i personally love my original name but for other wizard thats cool

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
i am not really sure about this idea. i would say that you should only be able to change your name in the very beginning, for example up until level 4, the most. I am not sure if it would make much sense to change your name when you are a high level, even if you dont have to make another wizard.It would be very confusing, especially for your friends. (might be a risk they will delete you, not remembering when they added "this random person" lol)
All in all, i dont think it would be that good of an idea.

ps. i cant help but wonder, what is your name?

Heather Starsong, level 38
Jasmine Spellcaser, level 18
Autumn Lifeblossom, level 14
Mackenzie Stormbringer, level 6
Rebbeca Mythbringer, level 1(she is there just for show)

Survivor
Aug 23, 2015

Post your opinion plz!
Yeah I think that's a great idea and something I would love to see added the only possible downside I could see is that it might confuse your friends but KI can just add a part on the menu when your viewing a friends stats that says previous usernames: and the past username(s) would show up there. Also I don't think it's going to happen but while we're on the subject it would be amazing if you could type a name yourself and get it approved by KI like in toontown rewritten.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2015

Post your opinion plz!
yeah im sick of my name now XD but it should be an icon #NOPAY<3

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013

Post your opinion plz!
this is a very good idea but if you wanted to change your name it should cost 100 crowns or a lot of gold to change it but not over 2,000 gold.maybe zeke or mr lincon as originally described could sell it .i think this is a wonderful idea and it hardly changes the game.although it would need to show up on friend tags and you would need to be able to tell someone you changed your name.

dakota dawnheart lvl 48

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
dakota dawnheart on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
this is a very good idea but if you wanted to change your name it should cost 100 crowns or a lot of gold to change it but not over 2,000 gold.maybe zeke or mr lincon as originally described could sell it .i think this is a wonderful idea and it hardly changes the game.although it would need to show up on friend tags and you would need to be able to tell someone you changed your name.

dakota dawnheart lvl 48
"a lot of gold but not over 2000" You're contradicting yourself. 2000 gold isn't much.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
lewski on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
"a lot of gold but not over 2000" You're contradicting yourself. 2000 gold isn't much.
you are right. 2000 gold isnt much. it is much too much.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I highly doubt KI will ever allow it. It's been suggested many times and it always comes down to security and abuse concerns. There are also quite a few issues with friends and ignore lists.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
I'd rather KI not. I see a lot of security problems happening if they were to do so. Not to mention me deleting all my friends due to not knowing who they are.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
ChrisIceChrisFire on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
I'd rather KI not. I see a lot of security problems happening if they were to do so. Not to mention me deleting all my friends due to not knowing who they are.
exactly