Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire+Storm=Life, but Fire+Life?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
We have, at Ravenwood 6 learnable and actual schools. is what brings them all together. We start with 3: , & ; the most primal of all magic. Then they multiply to create , & . Then the part where , & overlap creates . And where , & overlap creates . I'm certain 3 of these 6 also creates , but I don't know which. was cast away, so we don't know where was made, supposedly opposite to . So:

1st gen - None mixed=, , .
2nd gen - 2 mixed=, , .
3rd gen - 3 mixed=, , , ?.
Final gen - Everything mixed=&.

Unmentioned - Alchemy, (any more [not Wysteria]).

But what if the 1st & 2nd mixed in 2s and not 3s? Then we have this (only consecutive schools):

+=?
+=?
+=?
+=?
+=?
+=?

These are my plans for this post; what do you want them to be? I think one of these should be Alchemy, and +something should give Tech of some sort. Maybe have Light here somewhere. What do you think? What schools would you like to see?

Some mechanics for these could be no primary schools. No discussion about it. 12 primary schools is far too much. These will be just secondary. Also, if you learn all the Ravenwood given spells from a certain school, then any second schools from there will be 1/2 a training point less. Meaning a level 42 pyromancer can learn whatever + & + make for 1/2 a training point. If this pyromancer also learned as their secondary; then the + school would be free! I think this will work so that patient players can get these schools just before the astrals, and impatient players have more to use early on.

What do you think? Good or bad? Agree with the mechanics? Likely? And as always, any ideas & replies are welcome!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
We have, at Ravenwood 6 learnable and actual schools. is what brings them all together. We start with 3: , & ; the most primal of all magic. Then they multiply to create , & . Then the part where , & overlap creates . And where , & overlap creates . I'm certain 3 of these 6 also creates , but I don't know which. was cast away, so we don't know where was made, supposedly opposite to . So:

2nd gen - 2 mixed=, , .

But what if the 1st & 2nd mixed in 2s and not 3s? Then we have this (only consecutive schools):

+=?
+=?
+=?
+=?
+=?
+=?

These are my plans for this post; what do you want them to be? I think one of these should be Alchemy, and +something should give Tech of some sort. Maybe have Light here somewhere. What do you think? What schools would you like to see?

Some mechanics for these could be no primary schools. No discussion about it. 12 primary schools is far too much. These will be just secondary. Also, if you learn all the Ravenwood given spells from a certain school, then any second schools from there will be 1/2 a training point less. Meaning a level 42 pyromancer can learn whatever + & + make for 1/2 a training point. If this pyromancer also learned as their secondary; then the + school would be free! I think this will work so that patient players can get these schools just before the astrals, and impatient players have more to use early on.

What do you think? Good or bad? Agree with the mechanics? Likely? And as always, any ideas & replies are welcome!
This is quite a good idea. Likely? I have no clue.

I'll try to explain what I think each combination would make:

+ = Farm Magic (burning a forest would make the soil fertile afterwards, making for better crops)

+ = Biological Magic (creating stuff that doesn't harm the environment)

+ = Von Magic (scientist trying to reanimate the dead)

+ = Chill Magic (ghosts are often said to make the places where they roam colder than natural)

+ = Stasis Magic (freeze the Minotaur in the past, unfreeze it in the present, there real Minotaur)

+ = Well, I had an idea as to what this would be, but I'd rather not say it. You're a smart one Blaze, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Well those are my ideas as to what the schools would be. Agreed or disagreed?

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:

2nd gen - 2 mixed=, , .

+=?
+=?
+=?
+=?
+=?
+=?

Minor correction to your idea: is primal, and since it deals with Reality Itself, is Gen 0.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Half a training point would not work. And most of of us have no clue as to what you just typed.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Max Sterling on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
This is quite a good idea. Likely? I have no clue.

I'll try to explain what I think each combination would make:

+ = Farm Magic (burning a forest would make the soil fertile afterwards, making for better crops)

+ = Biological Magic (creating stuff that doesn't harm the environment)

+ = Von Magic (scientist trying to reanimate the dead)

+ = Chill Magic (ghosts are often said to make the places where they roam colder than natural)

+ = Stasis Magic (freeze the Minotaur in the past, unfreeze it in the present, there real Minotaur)

+ = Well, I had an idea as to what this would be, but I'd rather not say it. You're a smart one Blaze, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Well those are my ideas as to what the schools would be. Agreed or disagreed?
As always, you've given great ideas that I wasn't quite looking for. There's not much wrong with these, but here's a few:

1. We already have gardening & farms, this would be (I see the irony of saying this in a post dedicated to it, but) confusing. Needless confusion is the last thing this idea could use.
2. 'Biological' magic is a bit long compared to other schools like Fire & Ice. The longest school name we've got now is Shadow; 6 letters. Also, 'biologimancy' doesn't have a great ring to it.
3. 'Von' magic is very specific and attached to one person; I don't see it working that well.
4. Chill magic has a great ring to it, but like the previous, it sounds specific.
5. Stasis magic, like the last two, sounds a bit specific to be a school (but I get the link of stun spells).
6. Overall, they'd work well if they were a bit broader and open to change; but good.

To Neonebula17, noted.

To Ricochety, half a training point would be iffy, but the others understood fine...

And to no-one in particular, here's some more clarity for and my personal thoughts:

Sorcerers, once they learn Hydra, would get a pop-up asking if they want to save points on Sun schools or Moon schools. Picking Sun would make the +, +, + & + schools 1/2 a training point, and that's it. Picking Moon would make the +, +, + & + schools 1/2 a training point, and that's it. I'm not sure if that's OP or UP; what do you think?

+=Creation/Light? & are associated with Creation, and with their powers combined, Light is made?
+=Technomancy? When the living put thunder to use?
+=Undeath (or something better)? Spirits and revivals?
+=I'm completely stuck with how I can narrow these down leaving a broad opening too. Water? Poison? Energy (or lack of)?
+=Time (stealing from you, here)? I'm stuck with this.
+=Alchemy? has hints of earth & mystery, while could offer the spark needed for instability in state, substance and potions?

Anyone's guess for these, so take a shot!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
As always, you've given great ideas that I wasn't quite looking for. There's not much wrong with these, but here's a few:

1. We already have gardening & farms, this would be (I see the irony of saying this in a post dedicated to it, but) confusing. Needless confusion is the last thing this idea could use.
2. 'Biological' magic is a bit long compared to other schools like Fire & Ice. The longest school name we've got now is Shadow; 6 letters. Also, 'biologimancy' doesn't have a great ring to it.
3. 'Von' magic is very specific and attached to one person; I don't see it working that well.
4. Chill magic has a great ring to it, but like the previous, it sounds specific.
5. Stasis magic, like the last two, sounds a bit specific to be a school (but I get the link of stun spells).
6. Overall, they'd work well if they were a bit broader and open to change; but good.

To Neonebula17, noted.

To Ricochety, half a training point would be iffy, but the others understood fine...

And to no-one in particular, here's some more clarity for and my personal thoughts:

Sorcerers, once they learn Hydra, would get a pop-up asking if they want to save points on Sun schools or Moon schools. Picking Sun would make the +, +, + & + schools 1/2 a training point, and that's it. Picking Moon would make the +, +, + & + schools 1/2 a training point, and that's it. I'm not sure if that's OP or UP; what do you think?

+=Creation/Light? & are associated with Creation, and with their powers combined, Light is made?
+=Technomancy? When the living put thunder to use?
+=Undeath (or something better)? Spirits and revivals?
+=I'm completely stuck with how I can narrow these down leaving a broad opening too. Water? Poison? Energy (or lack of)?
+=Time (stealing from you, here)? I'm stuck with this.
+=Alchemy? has hints of earth & mystery, while could offer the spark needed for instability in state, substance and potions?

Anyone's guess for these, so take a shot!
In answer to your reply I have but 3 letters for you:

Lol

+= Creation
+= Tech OR Tesla Magic. Nikola Tesla was a not so famous scientist that at the start of his career was an assistant to much more famous Thomas Eddison. He was fascinated with electrical storms and just about anything that had to do with electricity. But again, I might be too exclusive, so Tech.

+= Juju Magic, or Witchdoctor
+= Poison
+= Time/Stasis
+= Alchemy

So that's my idea. All the rest is simply agreeing with you.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Max Sterling on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
In answer to your reply I have but 3 letters for you:

Lol

+= Creation
+= Tech OR Tesla Magic. Nikola Tesla was a not so famous scientist that at the start of his career was an assistant to much more famous Thomas Eddison. He was fascinated with electrical storms and just about anything that had to do with electricity. But again, I might be too exclusive, so Tech.

+= Juju Magic, or Witchdoctor
+= Poison
+= Time/Stasis
+= Alchemy

So that's my idea. All the rest is simply agreeing with you.
I agree with your adaptation for +, and for me (it's probably because I'm not American); Tesla is much more famous than Edison. I've heard of both, but Tesla had the best thoughts (I don't think there's an Edison Coil); and thanks for your thoughts!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
I agree with your adaptation for +, and for me (it's probably because I'm not American); Tesla is much more famous than Edison. I've heard of both, but Tesla had the best thoughts (I don't think there's an Edison Coil); and thanks for your thoughts!
I agreed. The main reason why Tesla went solo is because Edison said that "he" had discovered the electrical bulb or something related to that. The point is, it was Tesla who discovered it.

Survivor
May 15, 2015
I love these ideas! However I am not creative. So I am not going to come up with my own names. But i think this is awesome I would very much like so more ideas and more combinations.

But I do have one Idea.

Once you have a lvl 100 (or whatever the max is at the time) storm, fire, and ice wizards a new school is unlocked, Elemental. Which has spells like hydra and other stuff. I don't know what you guys will says i but i like this idea.

Same for the spirit classes once you have a max level ,,. You unlock the Spirit wizard, which has spells like the chimera or whatever that spell is i forgot

And this is a crazy idea and it shouldn't be implemented lol but i thought of it as i thought of the other lol. (this will require being able to have more then 6 wizards it will require being able to have 9) Once you have a max, ,,,,,, elemental, and spirit wizards you unlock .

I know this idea is bad but i couldn't resist putting it in here lol. Post your feedback please!