Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The "Skip" button!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
In Wizard101 I have a level 72 who I absolutely love but sometimes I wish I have been another school, so I'll create another Wizard and try it but I have such a hard time getting through Wizard City cause compared to everything else it's sooooo boring.
So what I think they should do is in a new update they should make a button that appears on the first quest of an area you already done. Or at least for Wizard City. When you hit this button it will act as though you did all the quest, including the side quests, and give you all that exp (not from battles) and the quest don't appear as if you already did them. I would love this and would make the game a lot more enjoyable for me and probably the majority of the Wizard community. Thanks.
P.S. Please comment done below if you like or don't like this idea and why.
P.P.S. This would be for members only.

Defender
May 06, 2011
This idea isn't fair, only for tutorials. Basically, it means that you can get to a higher level waaay faster, so it would be like cheating "Complete all the quests and side quests in wizard city" - No, since it would get you Savior of Wizard City + Three Streets Savior + Sunken City Survivor and all the other badges you get from doing quests. Anyway, you would get ALL the loot automatically after you skip an area, and people would abuse it to make more money.

Katherine Dragonblade, Level 83

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I completely agree. I have a level 98 Theurgist (), and I'm hopelessly stuck on one quest. So I decided to start over with a fire wizard. I hated doing WizardCity again. I mean, I've done it so many times I CAN QUOTE THE DIALOGUE. It drives me crazy because it is terribly boring. If there were a skip button, I know I would put even more time and money in this game because it would be more enjoyable.

And I just have to say, if I EVER have to see the name "Susie Gryphonbane" or "Arthur Grimwater" ever again, I will scream.

Kyle The Vanquisher

Explorer
May 26, 2012
KI probably won't do this cause they want you to struggle with their hard quests .

Survivor
Jul 25, 2014
You are basically duplicating your character, then. Its extremely unfair.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2013
I really think this is a bad idea I think it would be good for the tips but not for whole areas it make the game too easy like for example I have a level 100 wizard who is done with the game and a level 12 wizard so it be way to easy to get my level 12 wizard to level 100 it would be to broken

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Fire master037 on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
In Wizard101 I have a level 72 who I absolutely love but sometimes I wish I have been another school, so I'll create another Wizard and try it but I have such a hard time getting through Wizard City cause compared to everything else it's sooooo boring.
So what I think they should do is in a new update they should make a button that appears on the first quest of an area you already done. Or at least for Wizard City. When you hit this button it will act as though you did all the quest, including the side quests, and give you all that exp (not from battles) and the quest don't appear as if you already did them. I would love this and would make the game a lot more enjoyable for me and probably the majority of the Wizard community. Thanks.
I think that this should cost crowns. I think you should have to pay for every place in the area, and then pay extra crowns for having it all done.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sorry no.
I've been playing for almost 4 years, have started countless wizards and though boring at times, I've never minded going through the required quests to move on. And Double No for this being members only: Totally unfair

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
carebearlover109 on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
KI probably won't do this cause they want you to struggle with their hard quests .
King's isle doesn't want you to struggle. This game is supposed to be relaxing and fun, and it is.
How ever, I do agree that some parts of the game can be very hard.
But think how boring it would be if the game wasn't challenging. You'd be an exalted wizard in no time, but if you never really worked for it, what does that title mean?
Games aren't fun without a challenge.
Myrna Dragoncloud

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
this is so unfair because people would just get their wizard through the game for no reason.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
You should be able to use the skip button if you're creating a new character and read the dialog on you're first character you created because you already know what they're probably going to say and you already did that quest.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
This would be a great idea for lazy people and if this is allowed, all of them must be forced to wear a"cheater" badge permanently for their character :) since.... they have not earned what they got honorably.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Some animations are very cool and worth seeing once; but not one hundred, one thousand times, or more.
So having a skip button is a great option.

For those who never want to use one; they never have to click it. And they get to experience all the game has to offer.; again and again.

However, for those who've played for years, and done any dungeon or battle many, many, many times; a skip button is very much appreciated, welcome, and long overdue.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I understand parts of the game are boring. I've taken a total of five wizards (my four current wizards and one deleted Diviner) through at least Wizard City, and there are parts of the game I cringe at the thought of running each of my three "younger" girls through. However, to get the rewards you have to do the work. Pressing a single button to skip an entire area is akin to no work at all and lazy cheap advancement in the game. If this idea were implemented the players who use it should not be rewarded at all... no XP, no loot, no gold, no badges, no nothing except advancing into the next area which is all they wanted when they pressed the skip button anyway.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Master Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Adept Theurgist

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
I think its an ok idea but the button should be an option thing you can choose to have or not

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
no, no, and no.

as much as i have wanted to skip over certain quests and worlds i hate, i have taken 3 wizards to max level (and one to end game) through sheer determination. how is this fair to those of us who have already slogged through?

this is basically the equivalent of buying levels. and, if this ever comes to pass, then i am done with the game forever.

but wait, there's more:

the only way this would be remotely fair: if you skip levels or worlds, you also forfeit those levels and the xp/spells that come with them. so, if you wanna skip ahead and be level 15 in celestia, go right ahead... but you will be very ill-equipped and underleveled.

for example:

if a storm wizard is level 70 at the start of avalon and chooses to skip to the end, she can. but she would still be level 70, and would not get her healing current or enfeeble spells as she did not do the quests to complete them.

@alex the cheater badge would just be the icing on the cake. but watching them struggle would be amusement enough for me.

-von
exalted
transcendent
grandmaster
magus

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Okay how about this. It would only be for Wizard City, and would only be for Unicorn Way, Triton Avenue, Fire Cat Alley and Cyclops Lane. Plus it would cost 1000 crowns. Is that fair?
And PS I'm pretty sure some of you just skimmed through what I said because I didn't say Wizard City was hard. I said it was boring to do (i mean repetitively not the first few times).

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Nope. My Necromancer is only lvl 75, and he's still in Zafaria. It's easy to solo- but imagine if I saw somebody just suddenly zip through there?
Jealousy.
Rage.
Anger.
Slight amusement.
I would feel all of these and more, due to the unfairness of it. However, a different way of doing this is, for an extremely high Crowns price, changing your entire main school. Your badges would shift, your spells would change, half of your gear would be suddenly useless, but it would have been worth it to experience the sensation of doing better in the game.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
Dr Von on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
no, no, and no.

as much as i have wanted to skip over certain quests and worlds i hate, i have taken 3 wizards to max level (and one to end game) through sheer determination. how is this fair to those of us who have already slogged through?

this is basically the equivalent of buying levels. and, if this ever comes to pass, then i am done with the game forever.

but wait, there's more:

the only way this would be remotely fair: if you skip levels or worlds, you also forfeit those levels and the xp/spells that come with them. so, if you wanna skip ahead and be level 15 in celestia, go right ahead... but you will be very ill-equipped and underleveled.

for example:

if a storm wizard is level 70 at the start of avalon and chooses to skip to the end, she can. but she would still be level 70, and would not get her healing current or enfeeble spells as she did not do the quests to complete them.

@alex the cheater badge would just be the icing on the cake. but watching them struggle would be amusement enough for me.

-von
exalted
transcendent
grandmaster
magus
all i have to say to this is XD

Blaze FireSword lvl 78

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
it might be ok for just wizard city alone but then new wizards would do it and not know how to play the game in krok and just quit

Blaze FireSword lvl 78

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
i dont think this should be able to skip through the final bosses or dungeons and such in wc (like the frakenbunny dungeon during halloween, or sunken city, or golem tower)

Blaze FireSword lvl 78

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Reading through everyone posts was a real eye opener. I thought the op was referring to excessive animation after spells are cast, or bosses are defeated. Because I don't want to skip any fights, bosses or quests. You do all of these to become the powerful wizard you are; or hope to be some day.

And its magical when you get to experience anything for the first time. But sadly, its' not uncommon for the charm and allure to wear off with repeated exposure. Having a button that simply disables or enables certain animation (videos showing spells cast, or certain boss defeat videos, etc) would be cool to have.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2013
Tylerwildpants on Sep 7, 2014 wrote:
Reading through everyone posts was a real eye opener. I thought the op was referring to excessive animation after spells are cast, or bosses are defeated. Because I don't want to skip any fights, bosses or quests. You do all of these to become the powerful wizard you are; or hope to be some day.

And its magical when you get to experience anything for the first time. But sadly, its' not uncommon for the charm and allure to wear off with repeated exposure. Having a button that simply disables or enables certain animation (videos showing spells cast, or certain boss defeat videos, etc) would be cool to have.
that would be a great idea I hate it when it takes 1000 hours just for it to finish ( I AM LOOKING AT ALL THOSE BLANACE FOES WITH RA) maybe just show the guy and do the damage that still I love that idea

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Yeah, I keep making new wizards to try different schools. The sad part.. I keep deleting them. lol. I keep getting picky on how they look, what school, etc. So yeah I've done the process at LEAST 12 times. It's kinda annoying to do the whole thing over and over again, but I guess that's kinda my fault. Luckily I finally got one up to at least level 12 ( ice ) ! I don't know if skip is such a great idea because it's kinda cheating.. but I like the idea of it being a high crowns price or something. But other wise, I think it's better to work harder for it. Just my opinion don't mean to offend anyone.

Katie Watergem
level 44 ( drake's hatchery )