Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beguile?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I was just wondering what does beguile do? I got it from the death tree i think and when i tried to use it it just said immune and nothing changed. I know the card says that the opponent help you for one round or something but what does that mean? Please help.

Jasmine JadeStone Master

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It basically makes them part of your team for a round. So let's say you cast it on an enemy, and they cast a Storm Lord next round. It will attack all of the other enemies on his side, instead of hitting your team. It works with healing too. If you beguile a life enemy who casts a healing spell, it will be cast on you or your team instead.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
It means the target will not be able to attack you, but it will use it's spell against it's own team. In a way, it's better than a stun. Also, if they are immune, it means it does not effect them. Hope this helped!

-Nick level 95

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Jasmine Jadestone on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
I was just wondering what does beguile do? I got it from the death tree i think and when i tried to use it it just said immune and nothing changed. I know the card says that the opponent help you for one round or something but what does that mean? Please help.

Jasmine JadeStone Master
Most bosses are immune to Beguile; this means that it will have no effect on them if used. Otherwise, the enemy you cast it on will help you for one round; when you use Beguile, it makes that enemy part of your team for that round and, as such, you cannot attack that enemy while they are Beguiled.

Happy trails,

-von " death makes you die, it just makes me more awesome" shadowsong
Valerian Deathwhisper, 95

Hero
May 02, 2009
In addition to what the others have said, the number of rounds that they help you out for depends on the turn order. If you go first, then it's just for one round, but if you go second then it's actually for two rounds instead. Just remember that beguile, like stun, won't work on some enemies and bosses in the game so keep that in mind when trying to use those kinds of spells.