Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Von's wonderful PVP adventure!

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=406940&d=1379623933

I guess that, at the upper levels, one *can* win with in-game gear.

When I play my noobs, I play like I'm level 90. Most people notice it (or they complain and call me a noob when I shield). This made me wonder if my main wizard (who's actually level 90) could use the same strategy and still come out on top. So I went to the arena to find out...

Match #1~ von vs. L90 Death private.

This guy used Gloom, a lot. Everyone knows that Balance can't win a bubble war (power play doesn't count), so I figured it was a lost cause. Luckily, my pet heals like a madman. But this guy's "strategy", if you can call it that, was as follows: tower, tower, infection, lord of night, repeat. Lame.

It took forever (k bored naow). So I was actually relieved when I lost... and the guy said I was "a pain to beat".

von: 0
arena: 1

Match #2~ von vs. L90 Death private.

Unlike the last guy, this one didn't use Gloom at all. In fact, his "strategy" was to run me into the ground with Poison... or so, he'd hoped.

I didn't have Triage. But me and Fluffy have mad healing skillz, so I was able to easily keep myself out of the danger zone. I finally won when I stole his tower shield, then slammed him with a nice, fully-pipped colossal Judge.

von: 1

Match #3~ von vs. L90 Storm private.

This girl had an uber pet. And she tried Bolt-spamming me... She tried hard, and I had exactly 217 health left when I walloped her with a giant Power Nova.

von: 2

Match #1~ von vs. L90 Balance sergeant.

My opponent's name was, strangely enough, the total opposite of mine, and our combined nameswould have made an awesome movie title.

Lightwhisper vs. Shadowsong:
2 awesome sauce-erers, 1 winner!

For her part, Lightwhisper was pretty slick. Her initial plan was to spam shields, heal as I hit her, mana burn, extremely-lame low-pip judge, repeat. She spent more time buffing than actually hitting me~ I don't think my health ever dropped below half.

I found out early on that she had a Myth mastery amulet (due to copious spamming of Earthquakes and Myth dispels), so I figured I'd have to hit her completely unbladed. So I stacked traps instead, while she spammed her Quakes and dispels. But then, she made a crucial mistake...

You see, she knocked off the Myth dispels when she Quaked. So I shattered. She Towered again, so I threw up Infallible and a tc hex, then hit her with a massive Judge.

feint + potent feint + tc feint + hex +tc hex + full-pip colossal judge+ Infallible=5600, through a tower shield.

And so it ended. A few of her friends had been watching from the sidelines, and even they said OUCH!

von: 3

-

Until next time,

-v.
the one (and only) awesome sauce-erer.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Dr Von on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=406940&d=1379623933

When I play my noobs, I play like I'm level 90. Most people notice it (or they complain and call me a noob when I shield). This made me wonder if my main wizard (who's actually level 90) could use the same strategy and still come out on top. So I went to the arena to find out...

This guy used Gloom, a lot. Everyone knows that Balance can't win a bubble war (power play doesn't count), so I figured it was a lost cause. Luckily, my pet heals like a madman. But this guy's "strategy", if you can call it that, was as follows: tower, tower, infection, lord of night, repeat. Lame.

It took forever (k bored naow). So I was actually relieved when I lost... and the guy said I was "a pain to beat".

Unlike the last guy, this one didn't use Gloom at all. In fact, his "strategy" was to run me into the ground with Poison... or so, he'd hoped.

I didn't have Triage. But me and Fluffy have mad healing skillz, so I was able to easily keep myself out of the danger zone. I finally won when I stole his tower shield, then slammed him with a nice, fully-pipped colossal Judge.

This girl had an uber pet. And she tried Bolt-spamming me... She tried hard, and I had exactly 217 health left when I walloped her with a giant Power Nova.

My opponent's name was, strangely enough, the total opposite of mine, and our combined nameswould have made an awesome movie title.

For her part, Lightwhisper was pretty slick. Her initial plan was to spam shields, heal as I hit her, mana burn, extremely-lame low-pip judge, repeat. She spent more time buffing than actually hitting me~ I don't think my health ever dropped below half.

I found out early on that she had a Myth mastery amulet (due to copious spamming of Earthquakes and Myth dispels), so I figured I'd have to hit her completely unbladed. So I stacked traps instead, while she spammed her Quakes and dispels. But then, she made a crucial mistake...

You see, she knocked off the Myth dispels when she Quaked. So I shattered. She Towered again, so I threw up Infallible and a tc hex, then hit her with a massive Judge.

feint + potent feint + tc feint + hex +tc hex + full-pip colossal judge+ Infallible=5600, through a tower shield.

And so it ended. A few of her friends had been watching from the sidelines, and even they said OUCH!

-

Until next time,

-v.
Congrats! See even if I disagree with you sometimes we can still be friends I think you have a Death level 90 that I would be glad to help you out with! I had a Warlord..then lost his touch..don't worry he's still a commander! LOL.

Best of luck! Call me if you want help!
Wolf Skullslinger, or in this case, Deathhammer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
Congrats! See even if I disagree with you sometimes we can still be friends I think you have a Death level 90 that I would be glad to help you out with! I had a Warlord..then lost his touch..don't worry he's still a commander! LOL.

Thanks! And yes, that's generally how it works~ disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that you can't be friends... Just that we respectfully agree to disagree on certain things.

I actually have a level 90 death wizard as well: Valerian is a private, but also a lazy bones who has never set foot in the arena. Maybe Wolf can teach him a trick or two!

If you have an account at Central, I'm El Veeb around those parts~ if you want to meet up in-game, just message me and we'll work something out!

Until then,

-v.
promethean and

Defender
Aug 26, 2011

first of all: *bow*
XD i feel like i've gotta do that in the presence of both of you.
second: i'd like to be friends too XD
wolf and von you too seem like nice people and with me being a somewhat new warlord i thought i might chip in some advice! :D i'm a level 76 warlord who's constantly being put up against prometheans (especially fire) i guess i have some experience lol
and von: the only money$ i needed to use were the ones for winged deliverance (and savage paw... i guess) i did use a life mastery but i've found it pointless. also, can i see your gear/deck build?

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Gabriel 1 savage p... on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
first of all: *bow*
XD i feel like i've gotta do that in the presence of both of you.
second: i'd like to be friends too XD
wolf and von you too seem like nice people and with me being a somewhat new warlord i thought i might chip in some advice! :D i'm a level 76 warlord who's constantly being put up against prometheans (especially fire) i guess i have some experience lol
and von: the only money$ i needed to use were the ones for winged deliverance (and savage paw... i guess) i did use a life mastery but i've found it pointless. also, can i see your gear/deck build?
Why do you have to bow?? xD But I'm up for in-game meets! My central is wolflegendBK. Message me on there! And what gear/deck build? Mine or hers? Lol.

Bets of luck,
Wolf Legend

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
Why do you have to bow?? xD But I'm up for in-game meets! My central is wolflegendBK. Message me on there! And what gear/deck build? Mine or hers? Lol.

Bets of luck,
Wolf Legend
i feel honored in both your presences xD
i'd love to meet in game but sadly have no central account
as for build, I meant hers but i'd be fine seeing both :P

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

-

Until next time,

-v.
Nice.

You should consider starting a blog on duelist101 community to tell your pvp tales. They're pretty good, maybe share some strategies too. Good job, by the way .

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
Nice.

You should consider starting a blog on duelist101 community to tell your pvp tales. They're pretty good, maybe share some strategies too. Good job, by the way .
LOL, thanks for the suggestion... I may do just that.

@Gabriel~ you don't have to bow to anyone: we're all friends here. :) But hey, creating a Central account is free and easy, plus it's easier to chat with people since the posts don't require 12-24 hours for moderator approval. I always have room for new friends, so pop by and say hi, will ya.

I'll post my deck build next time I'm in the Spiral... Off to chronicle more wizardly adventures of awesomeness!

-Laura S.
"Dr. Mrs. Von the Undying"

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Dr Von on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
LOL, thanks for the suggestion... I may do just that.

@Gabriel~ you don't have to bow to anyone: we're all friends here. :) But hey, creating a Central account is free and easy, plus it's easier to chat with people since the posts don't require 12-24 hours for moderator approval. I always have room for new friends, so pop by and say hi, will ya.

I'll post my deck build next time I'm in the Spiral... Off to chronicle more wizardly adventures of awesomeness!

-Laura S.
"Dr. Mrs. Von the Undying"
Yes! I would read this blog, lol. Hope you do.

Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011

-

Until next time,

-v.
Btw a tc judge actually does more than a colossal one :P

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Dr Von on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
Thanks! And yes, that's generally how it works~ disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that you can't be friends... Just that we respectfully agree to disagree on certain things.

I actually have a level 90 death wizard as well: Valerian is a private, but also a lazy bones who has never set foot in the arena. Maybe Wolf can teach him a trick or two!

If you have an account at Central, I'm El Veeb around those parts~ if you want to meet up in-game, just message me and we'll work something out!

Until then,

-v.
promethean and
Could i possibly see your build? (Armor) Sounds like a fun start, i started against mana burn spammers and full defense jades, yuck.

~KOblivion (Central: Legendtamer)
~ Level 90 Balance
~Level 76 Everything else.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
oneandonly8029 on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
Btw a tc judge actually does more than a colossal one :P
Not true, a full power pip TC judge does more than one with colossal, but any other time, colossal does more.

Wolf Legend

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009

same here with my life! it came crashing down for me after cl. i couldnt get past commander after that. havent been in arena with him since the rank reset.