Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice can be immune 2 fire and storm with hades

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Ok. Ok. I think we all hate ice a little 2 much now. They can have 100+ resist to fire n storm. Don't believe me? Lemme show you the gear. Horned helmet. (Ice's crafted hat) it gives good stats, but lets just talk about resist for now, it gives 29 resist in total for fire, and 25 for storm., next the woodland tribal coat, its ice's crafted gear, it gives 26 fire resist and 26 storm resist, next boots is transcendent frost fall shoes, nice stats overall, but resist is 34 fire in total, just fire, my type, ok and right now they have about 40 global resist, 79 for fire, and 51 to storm, but thats not even it yet, we haven't even STARTED on the pet. the pet gives may cast fairy, 10 proof, 5 defy, 15 storm proof, 10 storm proof again, now its 55 global resist, 94 for fire, and 91 to storm, and now lastly, athame, amulet, and ring, the athame is heart steel, it gives 5 global resist, the amulet dropped by hades gives 3 global resist, block, critical, pierce, and 200 more health, and the elissa chill band gives ANOTHER 3 global resist, so in total they have about 30 ice attack, 64 global resist, 103 for fire and 100 to storm, now when they vs us, they use a tc fortify, which adds another 20 resist so our pierce is ineffective, and in 2v2 they bring balance to aura burn our infallibles, we lost no matter what, its impossible to win an ice going second being fire or storm. they should be weakened, and ice COULD have 130 and 130 resist if they wanted to, but it ruins their block n crit n attack n accuracy where as this gear doesn't, also their wand is the mandolin giving a huge block so it's impossible to stop them, they have become tanks in tournaments,

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Kevin Silver on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Ok. Ok. I think we all hate ice a little 2 much now. They can have 100+ resist to fire n storm. Don't believe me? Lemme show you the gear. Horned helmet. (Ice's crafted hat) it gives good stats, but lets just talk about resist for now, it gives 29 resist in total for fire, and 25 for storm., next the woodland tribal coat, its ice's crafted gear, it gives 26 fire resist and 26 storm resist, next boots is transcendent frost fall shoes, nice stats overall, but resist is 34 fire in total, just fire, my type, ok and right now they have about 40 global resist, 79 for fire, and 51 to storm, but thats not even it yet, we haven't even STARTED on the pet. the pet gives may cast fairy, 10 proof, 5 defy, 15 storm proof, 10 storm proof again, now its 55 global resist, 94 for fire, and 91 to storm, and now lastly, athame, amulet, and ring, the athame is heart steel, it gives 5 global resist, the amulet dropped by hades gives 3 global resist, block, critical, pierce, and 200 more health, and the elissa chill band gives ANOTHER 3 global resist, so in total they have about 30 ice attack, 64 global resist, 103 for fire and 100 to storm, now when they vs us, they use a tc fortify, which adds another 20 resist so our pierce is ineffective, and in 2v2 they bring balance to aura burn our infallibles, we lost no matter what, its impossible to win an ice going second being fire or storm. they should be weakened, and ice COULD have 130 and 130 resist if they wanted to, but it ruins their block n crit n attack n accuracy where as this gear doesn't, also their wand is the mandolin giving a huge block so it's impossible to stop them, they have become tanks in tournaments,
My storm has 25 armor piercing and i use tc infallible. So that's 45 armor piercing. I have 101 damage, 71 power pip, 500 critical, no resist but 14 to ice, and about 35,000 health. So i wouldn't really care about it. Also converts do help if you're going first, if going second, i wouldn't worry about them.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Oh and btw, how easy is it to get a pet with those talents? The closest one i got to that is spell proof, defy, and fire proof. It took about 1 month of hatching every other day and training everyday to get it like that though.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Oh yeah and one more thing, i have something even better for you. Don't get scared now.

Gear-
Jade gear robe-22 global
Jade gear hat-21 global
Jade gear shoe-16 global
That amulet-3 global
The ring-3 global
The athame-5 global

Pet-
Spell proof- 10 global
Defy-5 global
Storm-ward-15 storm resist
Fire-ward-15 fire resist
Fairy Friend- May cast fairy.

22+21+16+3+3+5+10+5= 85 global
Then add the 15 fire and storm resist
15 fire resist + 85 global = 100 fire resist, now lets do the same with storm.
15 storm resist + 85 global = 100 storm resist.

So see, you might wanna start worrying about this now.

Oh an fortify tc doesn't add resist, if it did they would have 120 fire, 120 storm, 105 global resist. It's like a weakness, it takes it away from the first hit.

So a 25- weakness. You use a spell that does 100 damage, it takes away 25% and it goes to from 100 damage to 75 damage, now for resist. Let's say you have 85, it would be go from 85 damage to 11 damage.

So that wouldn't get you're resist higher, it will get rid of 20% of their piercing though.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Hades amulets don't give resist that I've seen. Ice has had really high resist to Fire and Storm long before Tartarus opened up, that's why my storm and fire are both PvE only. My ice has been sitting at 109 fire 115 storm 61 universal resist for quite a while, and I don't plan and trying any Aquila gear to increase that. Hade's isn't the issue, the issue has been around since Avalon.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Shayden181 on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
My storm has 25 armor piercing and i use tc infallible. So that's 45 armor piercing. I have 101 damage, 71 power pip, 500 critical, no resist but 14 to ice, and about 35,000 health. So i wouldn't really care about it. Also converts do help if you're going first, if going second, i wouldn't worry about them.
Ok, you are definatly bogus here. 35,000 health? thats 3 and a half times more health than malestaire. Ok I would believe 3,500 but not 35,000. As for the critical 500, you would litterly (not joking) critical every single time.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
James Hawkeyes on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Ok, you are definatly bogus here. 35,000 health? thats 3 and a half times more health than malestaire. Ok I would believe 3,500 but not 35,000. As for the critical 500, you would litterly (not joking) critical every single time.
I believe you are talking about the Malistaire in DS, for a second I thought the 25 000 health Xibalba Malistaire...

And the critical every time thing, I highly doubt it. In a pvp battle I have never seen anybody (even people with 500+ critical, critical every time. I have only 300 critical and I only criticaled 1/3 times, while helping a friend by killing a minion. And also there is this thing called critical block, so even if it did critical "Every time" then they would have to block the critical at least a couple times. I once brought my critical rating to pvp and on average criticaled 70-75% of the time, which is a lot! But, 1/4 of the time (mostly at the start) he blocked it and only had about 150 critical block. So...

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Wizgamer105 on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
I believe you are talking about the Malistaire in DS, for a second I thought the 25 000 health Xibalba Malistaire...

And the critical every time thing, I highly doubt it. In a pvp battle I have never seen anybody (even people with 500+ critical, critical every time. I have only 300 critical and I only criticaled 1/3 times, while helping a friend by killing a minion. And also there is this thing called critical block, so even if it did critical "Every time" then they would have to block the critical at least a couple times. I once brought my critical rating to pvp and on average criticaled 70-75% of the time, which is a lot! But, 1/4 of the time (mostly at the start) he blocked it and only had about 150 critical block. So...
Per 100 Critical rating, there is a 20% chance of critical. So yes, they would quite literally critical every single time with a rating of 500. I have also seen someone with 601, which I am assuming is the maximum for now.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
i really hate ice now they have high resist all of a sudan not actually fair
flint rainblade lvl80

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
rinkworks on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Per 100 Critical rating, there is a 20% chance of critical. So yes, they would quite literally critical every single time with a rating of 500. I have also seen someone with 601, which I am assuming is the maximum for now.
Critical every single time? Fine. But the enemy will block, no doubt. You could have 100 critical block and be able to block critcals from 500+ critical rating wizards. I know this because I have done this before (pvp against storm). I don't know what the calculations are there, care to explain?

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
James Hawkeyes on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Well doh he was trying to say 3,500! That's how much 70% of level 90 storms have.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
Blaze x5 on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
i really hate ice now they have high resist all of a sudan not actually fair
flint rainblade lvl80
My critical is 460 and i have a critical chance of 79%, So it'll take about 550-600 to get one hundred chance.