Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Tours improvement ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
I've mentioned this before somewhere but will mention it again to be sure it's in the right place to be seen.

Castle Tours - awesome, just simply awesome. Now able to view a list of your own castles and see if it's in the top 100 (of the category you put it under)? Again, awesome. Separate NPC to visit castles with games? Yet again, awesome.

Now for some improvement ideas.

1. For castle tours, be able to visit based on the type (Acropolis, Desert Villa, etc). So if someone wants to visit just Amber Estates, they could look at a list of them.

2. For games, let the owner enable a game to be public for a period of time, say four hours, so that if the game ends and someone else starts it, it will automatically be public again. This would let the owner be able to play the games with them being public but without having to be the one to start it. I crafted the new Treetop Getaway house and in order to keep it open to new players, I sometimes have to stop a game (someone else started) and I get asked why I do it.

3. Set 'Eliza Windspar' to show either houses with active games (as it does now) or let the player select to see castles/houses that have dungeons (Winterbane/Pagoda). Obviously, these castles would have to be added to the castle tours in order to be available in the dungeons list. People looking for Winterbane or Pagoda could find such castles easier.

4. Fix the "Dungeon is full" bug. I've had friends try to port to me only to tell me they can't even though there are only about 30 people there.

5. When a castle is 'expiring' from the castle tours, notify the player so they know they need to re-add it if they want it to be in the castle tours again.

Hoping others will support the above items and that they get added soon.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
Fangs McWolf on May 15, 2014 wrote:
I've mentioned this before somewhere but will mention it again to be sure it's in the right place to be seen.

Castle Tours - awesome, just simply awesome. Now able to view a list of your own castles and see if it's in the top 100 (of the category you put it under)? Again, awesome. Separate NPC to visit castles with games? Yet again, awesome.

Now for some improvement ideas.

1. For castle tours, be able to visit based on the type (Acropolis, Desert Villa, etc). So if someone wants to visit just Amber Estates, they could look at a list of them.

2. For games, let the owner enable a game to be public for a period of time, say four hours, so that if the game ends and someone else starts it, it will automatically be public again. This would let the owner be able to play the games with them being public but without having to be the one to start it. I crafted the new Treetop Getaway house and in order to keep it open to new players, I sometimes have to stop a game (someone else started) and I get asked why I do it.

3. Set 'Eliza Windspar' to show either houses with active games (as it does now) or let the player select to see castles/houses that have dungeons (Winterbane/Pagoda). Obviously, these castles would have to be added to the castle tours in order to be available in the dungeons list. People looking for Winterbane or Pagoda could find such castles easier.

4. Fix the "Dungeon is full" bug. I've had friends try to port to me only to tell me they can't even though there are only about 30 people there.

5. When a castle is 'expiring' from the castle tours, notify the player so they know they need to re-add it if they want it to be in the castle tours again.

Hoping others will support the above items and that they get added soon.
1-5 agreed.

If i may i have an idea for 6.

6. Allow us to see what music is being played at a house through the music player. I have always wondered what some of those good songs were. It can be seen with a now playing tab near the item identifier or you can walk up with the item identifier and mouse over it and it will show what is currently playing. thats my idea there and i may come up with more later.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
So 18 visitors in, I find that my house is in the 60s in the leaderboard. I have been listed for about 10 days.

But that's a bit low for 10 days. We need better options for selecting houses to rate, so everyone gets traffic throughout the 30 days, instead of just one Day One and then nothing for the next 29.