Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Overview of the schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
7. Storm- I have played storm up to lvl 50 and it was so hard to master. Storm's low accuracy of 70% is a very large price to pay for huge amounts of damage. Storm is good if you want high attacks and if you love over killing a boss. Also, storm has very low health! Very low! My lvl 1 ice had more health than lvl 6 storm. Strom is very hard to solo in and I would seriously recommend not choosing it. Although it is a terrible primary school, so useless

6. Fire- No point really. It is the second most strongest school but 75% accuracy with an attack average nowhere close to storm's. It does have a lot of damage over time spells good for getting around shields, but what good does that do you if you want to kill the monster in one shot. Not a very good school at all

5.Ice- Let me just say one word to describe this school. Weak! This school is the opposite of storm and fire. It is very weak. Weakest school in wizard101. With an accuracy of 80%, not enough accuracy for it's weakness! Though it's super weak it has amazing health and defenses that make up for it. And it has what a storm wizard could only dream of which is the amazing tower shield that cuts the damage in half for 0 pips. Ice is not over powered

4. Life- Life is a really bad school but it's at number four because it has a tom of healing spells that other school can't access. Most schools only have pixie as their only healing card which heals 400 unless they have life as secondary so get these spells by doing quests for life students only. Life is horrible because it has very little attacking spells and the stacking spells they do have are almost as weak as life, but life has 90% accuracy! Life is definitely better for multiplayer because it can heal others unlike other schools

3. Myth- Myth is pretty good but it has average everything. Average health, attack and accuracy, really no weakness. Myth is special with it's various minions with the only school with a zero pip minion. Minion are casted by the player to fight along with you. Myth is very fun to play and I definitely recommend it, but not as a secondary school because without its minions it's a useless school

2.Death-I love death. It needs very little healing spells with its specialty of swap spells. For example if you casted vampire, it attacks 375 and gives you 145 health back. Plus if you use ward which death has a lot of blade stacking btw will make the spell more powerful. Without the wards the school is as weak as ice so I wouldn't recommend it as a secondary school

1-Balnce is the best school because they have high health, medium damage and they also have a lot of shields. It also has no shield so when you battle an enemy, the only way they can protect themselves from balance is from tower shield. Balance also has the most power pip bonuses and has shields and blades for every school. it also has a blade and a trap that does +25 and 30% extra damage for any school. Over all the best school and the easiest to master

!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jenna GriffonBane on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
7. Storm- I have played storm up to lvl 50 and it was so hard to master. Storm's low accuracy of 70% is a very large price to pay for huge amounts of damage. Storm is good if you want high attacks and if you love over killing a boss. Also, storm has very low health! Very low! My lvl 1 ice had more health than lvl 6 storm. Strom is very hard to solo in and I would seriously recommend not choosing it. Although it is a terrible primary school, so useless

6. Fire- No point really. It is the second most strongest school but 75% accuracy with an attack average nowhere close to storm's. It does have a lot of damage over time spells good for getting around shields, but what good does that do you if you want to kill the monster in one shot. Not a very good school at all

5.Ice- Let me just say one word to describe this school. Weak! This school is the opposite of storm and fire. It is very weak. Weakest school in wizard101. With an accuracy of 80%, not enough accuracy for it's weakness! Though it's super weak it has amazing health and defenses that make up for it. And it has what a storm wizard could only dream of which is the amazing tower shield that cuts the damage in half for 0 pips. Ice is not over powered

4. Life- Life is a really bad school but it's at number four because it has a tom of healing spells that other school can't access. Most schools only have pixie as their only healing card which heals 400 unless they have life as secondary so get these spells by doing quests for life students only. Life is horrible because it has very little attacking spells and the stacking spells they do have are almost as weak as life, but life has 90% accuracy! Life is definitely better for multiplayer because it can heal others unlike other schools

3. Myth- Myth is pretty good but it has average everything. Average health, attack and accuracy, really no weakness. Myth is special with it's various minions with the only school with a zero pip minion. Minion are casted by the player to fight along with you. Myth is very fun to play and I definitely recommend it, but not as a secondary school because without its minions it's a useless school

2.Death-I love death. It needs very little healing spells with its specialty of swap spells. For example if you casted vampire, it attacks 375 and gives you 145 health back. Plus if you use ward which death has a lot of blade stacking btw will make the spell more powerful. Without the wards the school is as weak as ice so I wouldn't recommend it as a secondary school

1-Balnce is the best school because they have high health, medium damage and they also have a lot of shields. It also has no shield so when you battle an enemy, the only way they can protect themselves from balance is from tower shield. Balance also has the most power pip bonuses and has shields and blades for every school. it also has a blade and a trap that does +25 and 30% extra damage for any school. Over all the best school and the easiest to master

!
While I appreciate your opinions, you cannot categorize Balance or any school as "best" overall. This is your opinion on the best, and that's fine. FYI, Ice has higher health overall than any other school. And Ice is not weak if played correctly; it's a talent some master, some not so much. :) I can't master Balance no matter what so it all evens out...just like KI intended. All schools equal out eventually.