Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do you do with your promethean?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
So you reached Level 90....

- No more XP
- Finish up Azteca.
- Azteca side quests? rewards? eh, errr, hmmm...
- Help others. Can be fun.
- Feels weird going to any world before Avalon. Feels like i'm just a big overpowered brute looking to impress others.
- I often got asked to take underleved wizards to tough dungeons. Ah come on! A level 90 Promethean tour guide / baby sitter??? geez! I'm not keen on pulling level 20 strangers through mirror lake.

So mine gets parked. She is now a full-time gardener and occasionally farms loot for my other wizards. Unfortunately no teaching positions available at Ravenwood.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
RottenHeart on May 14, 2013 wrote:

- No more XP
- Finish up Azteca.
- Feels weird going to any world before Avalon. Feels like i'm just a big overpowered brute looking to impress others.
- I often got asked to take underleved wizards to tough dungeons. Ah come on! A level 90 Promethean tour guide / baby sitter??? geez! I'm not keen on pulling level 20 strangers through mirror lake.

So mine gets parked. She is now a full-time gardener and occasionally farms loot for my other wizards. Unfortunately no teaching positions available at Ravenwood.
I have 2 prometheans~ here's how they kill time:

* help my noobs with questing

I can run 2 accounts at once, so I've assigned each little wizard on my side account a questing buddy from my main.

*craft and farm stuff for my other wizards

Balance is my only crafter, so she runs around collecting reagents and transmuting stuff; yesterday, I crafted the Avalon set for my Storm wizard and spent the entire day farming for and buying reagents. Needless to say, Shadowsong and Val are both broke and Sestiva owes them money (lol).

*hatch and train pets for themselves/ my other wizards (self-explanatory. lol)

*troll Malistaire's lair...

...with no gear on. No damage, no healing, no power pips or critical, and I still own him, every time. It's even more fun when I bring other gearless prometheans with me.

*lurk in common areas...

and keep my ears open for nasty language/inappropriate in-game behaviour.

*help others

assuming they ask nicely, i have no problem with that.

*stand around and look awesome.

not hard, if you're me. but, since you obviously aren't me, it might take some practice.

/my 2 cents.

-v.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Dr Von on May 15, 2013 wrote:
I have 2 prometheans~ here's how they kill time:

* help my noobs with questing

I can run 2 accounts at once, so I've assigned each little wizard on my side account a questing buddy from my main.

*craft and farm stuff for my other wizards

Balance is my only crafter, so she runs around collecting reagents and transmuting stuff; yesterday, I crafted the Avalon set for my Storm wizard and spent the entire day farming for and buying reagents. Needless to say, Shadowsong and Val are both broke and Sestiva owes them money (lol).

*hatch and train pets for themselves/ my other wizards (self-explanatory. lol)

*troll Malistaire's lair...

...with no gear on. No damage, no healing, no power pips or critical, and I still own him, every time. It's even more fun when I bring other gearless prometheans with me.

*lurk in common areas...

and keep my ears open for nasty language/inappropriate in-game behaviour.

*help others

assuming they ask nicely, i have no problem with that.

*stand around and look awesome.

not hard, if you're me. but, since you obviously aren't me, it might take some practice.

/my 2 cents.

-v.
Lol. I always find your comments so funny :P

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I look forward to bunny suit Malistaire runs, except I might get commander gear and stitch it to bunny suit parts.

As someone who has been mentored (not babysat) through advanced dungeons by a promethean, I do appreciate it but I agree that the mentoree has to have a minimal standard of health/resist/damage capacity and the insight and judgment to work with and learn from the mentor.

I also deeply appreciate help with pet development that I've gotten over the months from several lvl 90's. Again, it's one thing to pity hatch with a noob and yet another to see a younger wizard with initiative and effort who needs a timely injection of higher quality abilities into a pet with potential.

and rainmaker yes. One level 90 can bankroll an entire dorm full of first arc wizards.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sierraisonfire on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
Lol. I always find your comments so funny :P
yay, i'm glad you enjoy my weirdness! making people laugh is fun!
*hands you a fish-paste cookie*

~Dr. von Awesomestein the Undying, Esquire;
(your friendly neighbourhood half-evil balance wizard)

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Dr. Von has a wonderful list. The community also needs help as well.

Wizard101 Wiki and the Petnome are always looking for help with adding information.

The Test Realm is online and needs feedback.

Pet Hatching/Help Groups usually help out on Central

Also, if you have the patience and can figure it out, the Talent/Derby Ability Order Project needs help.

Making Guides is also useful. :)

Congrats on getting to Promethean!

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Dr Von on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
yay, i'm glad you enjoy my weirdness! making people laugh is fun!
*hands you a fish-paste cookie*

~Dr. von Awesomestein the Undying, Esquire;
(your friendly neighbourhood half-evil balance wizard)
Fish-paste cookie, my favourite! :)

~Sierra

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
RottenHeart on May 14, 2013 wrote:

- No more XP
- Finish up Azteca.

i'm not even lvl 60 yet and people still ask me to take them to other worlds and ride my rhino, i even got a false report from a lvl 18. annoying

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I appreciate those lvl 90s who help out us lowered leveled wizards. If level 78 counts as low leveled. I really ought to fix my deck. Anyway, you could start a new wiz, and then buy stuff for the new wiz with your promethean, then send them the gear through shared bank, or something like that. I guess. And congrats on achieving lvl 90!

Robert Dragonrider lvl 78 , etc.