Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Small/Medium Problems in Ravenwood

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Hi, I have noticed some problems in Ravenwood.

1. When I was about level 9, I could see the entrance to the room with the spiral door. I went up to it once, but it went back to normal. I'm not sure if this is still happening though, because I have opened that room.

2. When I go to Ravenwood, I usually see that the area in front of the area of the tunnel to the commons. You can go through it, but it is very annoying when you're trying to exit quickly. It happens more on the storm school side.

Destiny Windgem, level 16 diviner

Hope to see you in the spiral!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Destiny Windgem on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:

1. When I was about level 9, I could see the entrance to the room with the spiral door. I went up to it once, but it went back to normal. I'm not sure if this is still happening though, because I have opened that room.

2. When I go to Ravenwood, I usually see that the area in front of the area of the tunnel to the commons. You can go through it, but it is very annoying when you're trying to exit quickly. It happens more on the storm school side.

I'm really not clear what you are talking about here at all.
The spiral door is within Barleby, which you gain access to after completing the main story line quests within Wizard City. It does not open any other way.
The tunnel is just that... a tunnel to The Commons and/or Ravenwood.
I'm confused; what are the problems here?

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Destiny Windgem on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:

1. Never heard of it.

2. I have no idea of what your talking about :)

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
It's just the game loading the "Door". It will take a few seconds. I don't understand your second question, though.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
1. i think just a weird, surprising glitch.
2. i dont know what you mean and i'm sure no one does

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
1. It a surprising glitch

2. I know what you're talking about. When you exit the spiral door go to Bartleby and you are heading to the Commons with a mount well that means a lot of loading.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
I reley don't get what you're trying to say ?

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
1. happens to me all the time
2. whaaaat?

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
It's me again. I'm not sure if the first one is still happening (I'm in marleybone now) but the second one still is happening. Maybe it's just the computer I use?

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Am I the only one that has the lighting glitch in raven wood right around the entrance?

Wolf Nightcaller lvl 90 balance warlord
Talon Spiritfinder lvl 81 life knight
Wolf Sunwalker lvl 71 fire knight
Wolf Nightcaller lvl 11 myth commander

Survivor
Mar 12, 2013
i know what you mean. Its like a black void that you cant see untill your right up on it. it is a glitch and extremely annoying

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
insidiouskittiedan... on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
i know what you mean. Its like a black void that you cant see untill your right up on it. it is a glitch and extremely annoying
Yes! Finally, someone gets what I'm talking about!

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Sniper Rose on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
1. It a surprising glitch

2. I know what you're talking about. When you exit the spiral door go to Bartleby and you are heading to the Commons with a mount well that means a lot of loading.
When I originally posted this, I didn't have a mount...

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
RavenLady777 on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
I'm really not clear what you are talking about here at all.
The spiral door is within Barleby, which you gain access to after completing the main story line quests within Wizard City. It does not open any other way.
The tunnel is just that... a tunnel to The Commons and/or Ravenwood.
I'm confused; what are the problems here?
I am so so sorry, I meant to say that the area turned black...

Administrator
Have any of you sent this along to the support team? Here's what you need to do:

Contact us through email at support@wizard101.com - and when you contact support, please ensure that you give us:
->the account name
->the character name
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us (or anyone):
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved. It can take up to 48 hours before you receive a response.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Have any of you sent this along to the support team? Here's what you need to do:

Contact us through email at support@wizard101.com - and when you contact support, please ensure that you give us:
->the account name
->the character name
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us (or anyone):
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved. It can take up to 48 hours before you receive a response.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.
Professor, no offense, but this has been reported here and to support for years. Nothing is ever done.
I've gotten really good at running through the blacked out portions so it's not a big deal anymore.
The problem is, that it isn't consistent; it happens randomly, but is more likely to happen when you come out of your dorm room.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013