Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not sure where to start...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I have a question but not sure where this topic fits in among the board. Let me first say that I really enjoy playing this game. When I get some free time during my busy week, it's fun to jump online and knock-out some quests with friends. I'm, also, always looking to gain new friends by helping others or asking nicely if I can join other wizards who are sharing a mutual quest with me.

Of course, there is always going to be some random wizard who will get a good laugh out of joining a battle (which automatically will summon an additional enemy to the battle), then use their wand to ruin traps before fleeing. Typically, I am okay with someone joining my battle if it's for a purpose but if it's not, I can't do anything about it but watch them ruin my rounds; and It's not really like they are outwardly harassing or breaking any known rules, but it's just annoying - It's like forcing a player to start all over at the expense, sometimes, of their health or mana.

I don't mean to sound mean or like I'm ranting... I just don't know what to do about this and looking for advice. Is there anything that can be done if a player misbehaves in this sort disappointing way?

Thanks in advance! (:

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
mollyann812000 on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
I have a question but not sure where this topic fits in among the board. Let me first say that I really enjoy playing this game. When I get some free time during my busy week, it's fun to jump online and knock-out some quests with friends. I'm, also, always looking to gain new friends by helping others or asking nicely if I can join other wizards who are sharing a mutual quest with me.

Of course, there is always going to be some random wizard who will get a good laugh out of joining a battle (which automatically will summon an additional enemy to the battle), then use their wand to ruin traps before fleeing. Typically, I am okay with someone joining my battle if it's for a purpose but if it's not, I can't do anything about it but watch them ruin my rounds; and It's not really like they are outwardly harassing or breaking any known rules, but it's just annoying - It's like forcing a player to start all over at the expense, sometimes, of their health or mana.

I don't mean to sound mean or like I'm ranting... I just don't know what to do about this and looking for advice. Is there anything that can be done if a player misbehaves in this sort disappointing way?

Thanks in advance! (:
There is nothing you can do about it as far as reporting, but when I am playing I usually try to stay in the "perfect" or sometimes "normal" realms. I find I am less likely to run into a player like that. I do find it annoying, but then I remember that I don't really know who is behind that wizard in real life, and what may prompt them to do this. Maybe it is just immaturity, or plain rudeness, but whatever it is, I find it sad for them. I continue to play the game and do the best I can to survive the situation at the time. But then I immediately port to a "different realm" as soon as possible.

The best revenge is just moving on and getting over it.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I'm with Alura, the best way right now is to stick to less crowded realms and stocking up on patience.

I personally think Wizard101 is a lot like driving. Most motorists are fairly considerate and will cooperate with you, but there are also new drivers, speedsters, slowmos, and lots and lots of people with weird road rage. They've all got a story.

The only point I'd make is that road rage/"Wizard rage" doesn't really solve anything, it just makes you an angrier person. And just like the real world, it's too cool a place to go around feeling angry all the time.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I second what Aluramist2 wrote about playing on "perfect" or "normal" realms and simply "moving on."

Folks who jump into battle are annoying at times, however. Just yesterday I was ready to take out the last mob I needed for a quest. I had my feints and blades laid out and gargantuan 'crow in hand when another wizard jumped in, dragging a baddie of a different type in with him. He then attempted to order me not to use the feints **I** had laid out. I didn't say a word, followed my original battle plan, and started to move away from him immediately after the battle was over. He followed me, squawking about how he "needed to beat more of those." I didn't respond at all (to do so would be a waste of time, energy, and keystrokes) and switched realms ASAP.

Miranda Nightsinger, Transcendent Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Oh, wow! Thank you for so many replies! (: Yes, It's too bad there's *no consequence* for the "bad" or "annoying" behaviors because it just allows these players to continue being bothersome; but I agree with what you say -- It's like driving, being cautious for other drivers; and yes, there's definitely good and bad within the social aspect of the game. I must add that, during a majority of my gaming time, wizards have been mostly great and fun to play with! They have a good understanding of the game and have used that experience with patience, kindness and helpfulness. I like your ideas about switching realms or choosing a less populated realm to play on . I will continue to do that. Thank you to everyone who replied and for your advice!

Molly Ann

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I've been playing here just over a year. It's not my first gamesite, so I've seen just about everything. By and large people here are well behaved. I'm pretty easy going, but I adhere to 2 principles regarding gameplay. One, stay out of my way. I prefer that people don't join my battles without asking first. Some disagree with that, and that is their right. I used to get upset when it happened, but after a year I've accepted that it will happen occasionally. So I breathe deep, finish the fight and move on to a different realm. Two, I won't tell you what to do so you don't tell me what to do. Please don't join my fight and start giving battle orders. If the joiner is particularly rude or abusive, I'll just flee and leave them to it. Especially if they are a much lower level. That's a pretty simple credo to dealing with what I consider inconsiderate behavior, bordering on rude.