Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

DragonSpyre:Help with Chronius

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I'm having a hard time against this boss and wondered if anyone could help. As he's fire-immune I discarded all the fire spells in my deck and loaded up with the best Ice card I have available,namely Snow Serpent,Evil Snowman and Ice Wyvern,along with both Fire Shield and Volcanic Shield along with 3 Pixies and Sprites. I also loaded my Treasure Cards with the best I had available. I also have a Ice wand equipped for easy removal of Ice Shields. I seem to be unable to do enough damage to him,once I've dealt with his minion,before he takes me down,as some of his cards do a lot more damage than any Ice Spells I have available as my fire cards are useless against him,as I've found hoping that a Fire Prism comes up at the time I need it is more chancy than anything. Can anyone offer me any tips on how to deal with him,as after 4+ tries in a row,I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever beat him.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Abigail759t on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
I'm having a hard time against this boss and wondered if anyone could help. As he's fire-immune I discarded all the fire spells in my deck and loaded up with the best Ice card I have available,namely Snow Serpent,Evil Snowman and Ice Wyvern,along with both Fire Shield and Volcanic Shield along with 3 Pixies and Sprites. I also loaded my Treasure Cards with the best I had available. I also have a Ice wand equipped for easy removal of Ice Shields. I seem to be unable to do enough damage to him,once I've dealt with his minion,before he takes me down,as some of his cards do a lot more damage than any Ice Spells I have available as my fire cards are useless against him,as I've found hoping that a Fire Prism comes up at the time I need it is more chancy than anything. Can anyone offer me any tips on how to deal with him,as after 4+ tries in a row,I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever beat him.
I'm sorry, but I don't have any tips for beating him. But have you thought about asking for help on any of the fansites? Here is a link to one of them, where they have groups of players who volunteer to help with difficult quests:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
My primary school is fire,which makes all my high-damage fire spells useless and I don't really have any other cards that do what I call decent damage. My best is Ice Wyvern which does 335-395 damage and it''s a 4-pip card. As I see it I really need something better.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Abigail759t on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
My primary school is fire,which makes all my high-damage fire spells useless and I don't really have any other cards that do what I call decent damage. My best is Ice Wyvern which does 335-395 damage and it''s a 4-pip card. As I see it I really need something better.
Unless you have the mastery amulet in Ice, using your fire school give spell is your best way to go. Keep the ice wand to remove shields but use your converts to make your higher damage fire spells more damage when converted to ice ones.

By now you should have current gear that gives you more chance at power pips and some damage built in. Don't over whelm your deck with cards but include a health spell or two. Use your sideboard for TC's as a back up.

Put trap over converts, add a blade and maybe the Tri Blade you picked up from Niles helps. Practice on fire mobs to see how much damage you can create and only put as many cards in your deck that will accomplish this. The base of my deck would be 2 traps, 3 blades, 1 tri-blade.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Abigail759t on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
what's your highest single hit spell? I would say use a fire prism and that spell together for your big damage. Another poster was right, unless you have a mastery amulet, you're wasting your pips. If you have Meteo Strike (for example), your MINIMUM damage to Chronius would be 457 with a fire prism and you could cast that every other round UNboosted. With your Fireblade, you'd do 616 damage minimal, and 831 dmg with the fire blade and elemental blade per attack. Don't attack without having a fire prism. Also, learn Fire Shield from Sabrina Greenstar in the Wizard City Fairgrounds so Chronius's spells don't hurt you as much

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
Thanks for your advice. I thought that using my Ice cards would be more effective for some reason than fiddling around with Prisms but it works fairly well. Just one question: Is there ever such a thing as too many shields,as I went into the battle with 7 fire shields,4 Tower shields and 4 volcanic shields in my deck as I wanted to be sure that I had enough to bring down his damage to a manageable amount. I also had 2 Spirit Amour cards as I've found them to be effective in a tight spot,as I can use them to heal behind,while they absorb the incoming damage.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Abigail759t on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for your advice. I thought that using my Ice cards would be more effective for some reason than fiddling around with Prisms but it works fairly well. Just one question: Is there ever such a thing as too many shields,as I went into the battle with 7 fire shields,4 Tower shields and 4 volcanic shields in my deck as I wanted to be sure that I had enough to bring down his damage to a manageable amount. I also had 2 Spirit Amour cards as I've found them to be effective in a tight spot,as I can use them to heal behind,while they absorb the incoming damage.
Don't go by me I don't use shields on any of my wizards as a rule. I am a very aggressive player and do not use rounds up on them.

Shorten your deck up young wizard, it will benefit you better not to have too many cards you can't use coming up in you hand. If you are discarding a card often it is a sign of a card not needed.

If I have Tower Shield I put 2 of them in my boss deck and only use them if I was beginning to take on too much damage to complete the fight.

If you feel insecure about shortening up your deck you can always get Treasure Cards for a back up until you get the idea of how little you actually need to defeat the monsters.

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
I could help you. What time, day, and realm?