Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop people port to worlds they dont have

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Wizards should not be able to port to worlds or areas that they do not yet have the quest for.
For example when a level 20 will port to someone in Avalon. It should not be allowed.
This needs to be fixed.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
zmanjr on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Wizards should not be able to port to worlds or areas that they do not yet have the quest for.
For example when a level 20 will port to someone in Avalon. It should not be allowed.
This needs to be fixed.
Why should it not be allowed?? Personally, I think it's fine, & see no reason why its a problem. I remember when I had trouble with a boss in Avalon, and my friend (who was in Celestia) teleported in and helped me. I'm not sure I understand your disliking of this.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
This needs to be fixed.
Those of us who have several accounts, may have at one time or another used a lower level wizard to help higher level one complete some quests.

I remember using our lvl 20 life to help my first storm though winter tusk as an example.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I've had this happen a few times myself and a person ported in while I was in a really tough battle I was close to finishing. The level 20 then fled realizing that Avalon was a bit too much for me and him but needless to say, there is a button that makes you hidden to friends in Advanced Gameplay Options.

Blaze Mythmancer Level 89 Myth

I

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I disagree. My sister helped me in MooShu all the time, and we were both happy. Maybe there could be an option for individual players to not have lower levels teleport to them...

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
This needs to be fixed.
What if people want a level 20 to help them with Avalon . You have to think both ways, and if the level 20 can't port, he'll be mad, quit his membership, delete his account, and KI will lose customers. So thats one of many reasons KI allows it.

Alyssa IceBlade

Corporal of

Sierra Mist

Queen of Pop :D

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This needs to be fixed.
Yes, this has been complained about (and argued about) for years.
I agree, but others seem to think a level 20 wizard can help.
It's not broken, so doesn't need to be fixed. and probably won't change either since KI doesn't seem concerned.
You do have the option of turning off the friends' porting feature. Of course that means you high level friends can't port either.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
This needs to be fixed.
No, this should not happen. This should happen:

If you are in a dungeon/battle, and someone tries to port to you, you will get this message; "(Name here, level, school.) is trying to teleport to you. Do you allow?" Then you will click "Yes." or "No." If you click yes, they port to you. If you click no, the person trying to port gets this message; "(Your name here) is busy right now." Why should they add this? Say you are in azteca, and you just killed all of the enemies and you have low health. Then, a low level friend ports, and drags another one in. They flee (or die, then ask you to heal them) and then you die.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I have no idea where your coming from my sister is level 17 i am level 48 and when i was level 35 my sister helped me in Big Ben at level 11 and you know what she survived and was a big help with her evil snowman and her unused treasure cards. Thanks sister!

Angela Gem
Level 48
school

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Just don't have low level friends then. What are they good for anyway if they can't even help you with your quests Every time I get a low level person friend requesting me, I just decline it cause I have no reason to be their friend. They aren't even in my league.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
you guys just dont understand....

its about them simply not having the quest to be in that area. its as pure and simple as that. If you dont have the quest why should you be allowed in the area? Thats like cheating plain and simple.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
BlueGnome on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
Just don't have low level friends then. What are they good for anyway if they can't even help you with your quests Every time I get a low level person friend requesting me, I just decline it cause I have no reason to be their friend. They aren't even in my league.
Depends on the low level.

I have a number of lvl 50-ish friends. We help each other.

Usually it's me helping them but occasionally they can save your hide.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Clearing

I had been just barely trying to survive soloing these two fine fellows when my 48 life friend came on and asked what I'd been up to for the last hour and a half. Yup, I'd been fighting these guys for 90 minutes and getting almost nowhere, just surviving, when she showed up and healed and reshuffled me. We were out of there in five minutes.

SO don't just write off lower levels just because they couldn't solo or breeze through areas you are currently doing. Even just a reshuffle or a fairy, in the right hands, can turn a slowly sinking ship right around. She wouldn't have had to even be 50, just have trained fairy and reshuffle and maybe a death shield.

Of course, I knew her from before and she was someone I trusted to be helpful and ask first. There's plenty of others out there who won't ask, won't get permission, don't have the skills and perception to be helpful at all.

If you help someone in a fight and they seem to have their act together, add them. If they are just friend requesting you as you pass by them in the commons, decline it.