Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

~Training Point Troubles~

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Ok so I have read a lot of things online as well as some of the message boards and they all say that the best strategy for balance is life up to satyr, death up to feint, and ice up to the tower shield. My question is, will I have enough training points to get all of these along with some of the astral spells in celestia, because I just got there ??

P.s- I have all the spells where my main school is But I am willing to reset my points

And I would love advice from someone who has either done or tried this, thanks so much

Explorer
Apr 14, 2013
MasterSorcerer653 on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Ok so I have read a lot of things online as well as some of the message boards and they all say that the best strategy for balance is life up to satyr, death up to feint, and ice up to the tower shield. My question is, will I have enough training points to get all of these along with some of the astral spells in celestia, because I just got there ??

P.s- I have all the spells where my main school is But I am willing to reset my points

And I would love advice from someone who has either done or tried this, thanks so much
I have done all of those except death to feint. That's the only one I'm hesitant about. That's my opinion, but you can do whatever you think is right!

Wolf Ashslinger 40

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

I think there used to be a general rule for getting out of school spells, as you have stated. Now that the game has progressed in higher worlds I was not sure this rule works any more for me. In Celestia I found it was a tight squeeze to get in the Sun spells I really wanted and I had to do extra point quests to get the 5 I wanted. Now that most schools get healing spells Life ones extra may not be practical - I actually use TC for the 1 pip sprite for quick heals on all my wizards. If you have the Life amulet I guess but can't see spending 4 power pips on a Satyr really.

Being Life I was glad I did to Feint but all the rest went to the way side as I got though Mooshu and became more of a true life wizard.

What I have found over time now is - Ice to Tower may not be so bad for Storm to get, all my wizards get Stun Block from Diego and the tri blades from Niles, then we wait for the lvl 50 sun spells to boost our school given spells.

Now lvl 86 my Life wizard is down to a few training points left so I am back tracking again for Zeke and training point quests I didn't take in Celestia and Zafaria.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
If you do training points quests, it is possible to get life to satyr, death to feint, ice to tower, sun to colossal, etc but only if you do training point quests, so yes, it is very possible.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012

It's just two training points you lost. I wouldn't pay all that money if I were you ;) . Just do all of Zeke and Odgen Peake's quest. At least, I think that's how it's spelled... Training points help a lot, so use them wisely. Also, I recommend getting conviction, stun block and if you want it, cloak. Conviction is the most important though, and stun block is number two so get those first.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
i recommend you dont buy any spells unless it's for collosal
dont train life availing hands is better than satyr
Train feint, Then Tower