Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets, Pets, Pets!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Pets are probably my downfall in this game. They can be so frustrating at times I am just ready to quit hatching all together. Now I know there will be some who will blow up at the actual thought of what I am about to suggest but I am going to suggest it anyway.

I think we as players should have the choice of what talent our pets learn. We all know what the choices would mainly be, they would be some sort of healing talent, a defense talent or even both (proof/deny), that would be definitely the majority of the picked talents, but depend on the wizards playing style they may choose others. This is my logic, I know everyone will say that "you get what you get" and that is about it, but when I am in my 8th or 9th hatch down and I obtain a trait than none of my previous pets have, and mind you it is usually a trait I cannot use or it doesn't benefit me, it gets annoying after spending all that time training it and feeding it. But back to my logic, when you buy a puppy and you train it to sit, it will learn to sit if you stick with it, it won't learn to roll over from you teaching it how to sit. My point is I would like to see players be allowed to train the exact talents they want for their pet even if it takes longer to train them. It would have to be shorter then the time/gold/crowns I have spent on training my pets that I have now.

Thank you for your time in reading this suggestion.

Jack Flame- I don't die, I just keep re spawning over and over!

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
I agree that it can be very frustrating!!! I have train many pets to epic or mega just to fail on the last talent. I don't think it will change. But I would hope that maybe, was a potion or something, that could reset that talent you just got it, and train the pet again, but with out that talent have any chance to pop again.We would not lose as much, and KI would still make there money.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
I don't agree with this. Those who have great pets spent a long time getting their traits just right.

Pet hatching is frustrating, I agree. But the more effort you put into the game, the more you get out of it.

I for one have spent close to 3 weeks training and hatching a Unicorn, yes a UNICORN, the noob pet.

I think its great, my latest pet that I've been using constantly spams sprite and gives outgoing healing.

No its not my final unicorn but its a great pet to have.

As for your example about the puppy, there's no telling what it will do. You have to keep telling it to sit until it finally learns to sit! It takes patience but you will eventually get it right if you keep trying! You can't expect the poor dog to get it right away then get mad at it if it doesn't.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
that is a great idea but i think that when you train your pet and it levels up it shows like four things of moves of other talents and you can choose one of the four and keeps doing that all the way to mega so pets benifeit players more

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I understand the frustrations of hatching. For months now I have been trying to get a decent life banshee. I keep getting a selfish trait (pig trait). Although frustrated, being able to pick the talents you want would take all the uniqueness out of pets. Everyone would have pets with fairy, sprite, spell proof, spell defy, and pain giver.

Even in real life, sometimes our pets don't learn certain tricks no matter how much we train them.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Dogempire on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
I don't agree with this. Those who have great pets spent a long time getting their traits just right.

Pet hatching is frustrating, I agree. But the more effort you put into the game, the more you get out of it.

I for one have spent close to 3 weeks training and hatching a Unicorn, yes a UNICORN, the noob pet.

I think its great, my latest pet that I've been using constantly spams sprite and gives outgoing healing.

No its not my final unicorn but its a great pet to have.

As for your example about the puppy, there's no telling what it will do. You have to keep telling it to sit until it finally learns to sit! It takes patience but you will eventually get it right if you keep trying! You can't expect the poor dog to get it right away then get mad at it if it doesn't.
Spending 3 weeks training a pet is fine if that is what you like to do. I would rather do the story line to get more out of the game. I guess the only reason is why I even think this way is because I don't have many friends that play wizard with me. I solo bunches so I am actually in need of a good pet after traveling to Azteca and taking on some of the mobs. It isn't that I am not interested in playing with others, sometimes that is just not possible. Real life things sometimes get in the way.

I also did not say that the puppy would get it right away, the main point of that is in teaching it to sit it will not learn to roll over when it finally learns to sit.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Hannah Lifebringer on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
I understand the frustrations of hatching. For months now I have been trying to get a decent life banshee. I keep getting a selfish trait (pig trait). Although frustrated, being able to pick the talents you want would take all the uniqueness out of pets. Everyone would have pets with fairy, sprite, spell proof, spell defy, and pain giver.

Even in real life, sometimes our pets don't learn certain tricks no matter how much we train them.
Then you should do like I do if they cannot learn tricks, sell them! "Ain't no shame in my game, if I cannot use it I send him/her packing to the West End Boys.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Jack Flame on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Then you should do like I do if they cannot learn tricks, sell them! "Ain't no shame in my game, if I cannot use it I send him/her packing to the West End Boys.
I do sell the pets with unwanted talents. If I didn't I would have 15 houses and 6 dorm rooms filled with pets. Besides, I really don't like a a lot of pets running around my houses. It makes them look cluttered.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Jack Flame on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Pets are probably my downfall in this game. They can be so frustrating at times I am just ready to quit hatching all together. Now I know there will be some who will blow up at the actual thought of what I am about to suggest but I am going to suggest it anyway.

I think we as players should have the choice of what talent our pets learn. We all know what the choices would mainly be, they would be some sort of healing talent, a defense talent or even both (proof/deny), that would be definitely the majority of the picked talents, but depend on the wizards playing style they may choose others. This is my logic, I know everyone will say that "you get what you get" and that is about it, but when I am in my 8th or 9th hatch down and I obtain a trait than none of my previous pets have, and mind you it is usually a trait I cannot use or it doesn't benefit me, it gets annoying after spending all that time training it and feeding it. But back to my logic, when you buy a puppy and you train it to sit, it will learn to sit if you stick with it, it won't learn to roll over from you teaching it how to sit. My point is I would like to see players be allowed to train the exact talents they want for their pet even if it takes longer to train them. It would have to be shorter then the time/gold/crowns I have spent on training my pets that I have now.

Thank you for your time in reading this suggestion.

Jack Flame- I don't die, I just keep re spawning over and over!
hmm not a problem for me I LOVE pets I have like a million!

sorry if your having trobble

Alyssa FairyCatcher lvl 43