Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How long should I keep Waterworks Gear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2016
How long should I keep it until getting new gear? And what should the new gear be? Currently level 63

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
Personally, I wear Waterworks gear until level 100 Darkmoor gear. However, level 90 Tartarus gear is also good.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
My death wizards are still using Waterworks gear in Khrysalis. In fact the only wizards I have that have anything other than Waterworks gear are my Ice wizards with crafted robes (first from Avalon and then from Azteca), my Fire wizards with crafted boots (again first in Avalon, then Azteca), and I think one of my Storm wizards has a pair of boots from the Yuletide pack, I don't remember which ones though.

I just see the sacrifices that have to be made for most of the crafted and all of the dropped world gear after Celestia as a downgrade instead of an upgrade from Waterworks. Darkmoor is supposed to have some decent gear, but I haven't run it yet so I don't have any of the gear. Some people like Hades gear, but I got a couple of pieces and wasn't overly impressed with it. I got the Balance helmet which wasn't too bad, but I accidentally fed it to my pet a couple of days ago.

A lot of people I talked to were more in love with the Hades wands because I think they had a huge school critical modifier, but it was useless to me. I use my wand to knock off negative charms, and the school Hades wands cast a school attack which means it's going to burn off all of your school blades. Especially with the new critical system, I'd rather have a guaranteed full hit without critical than only a marginally improved chance at doubling my damage of a weakened attack.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Most people keep it through mid Avalon but if you don't have the patience to get crafted gear like me it works until level 90 to get Tartarus gear although I kept it until darkmoor came out although I did get made fun of by the more snobby players

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Hello Saberzo!

Your question is a well known in the community usually after lvl 70. The best way to go is either start your daily/weekly crafting to study your way up to legendary crafter. Thus will unlock gear for you in avalon lvl 76-78. Then If you're confident enough you can continue to wear this set till either lvl 90 or until darkmoor/exalted duels. Level 90 is Tartarus Set; this set is some what difficult in obtaining than waterworks and very annoying because the constant grind to get to the final boss "Hades". If you're not down to do this type of work, you can always be the big-shot and work your way up to lvl 100 and instantly stop questing and focus on darkmoor gear or exalted gear. It usually takes a week or even longer depending on luck. once you have your wand, hat, robe, boots, athame; move on to questing once more till the end on khrysalis. You're now summing up to your finally few bits of gear! Now farm Morganthe for either ring or amulet. If you're not fit for this work either you can continue questing through polaris. Once done with polaris farm Baba Yaga and The Rat for Amulet, Ring, Athame and etc.. After this you'll have everything you need for either later questing, farming, and PvP. On the side note if you're doing pvp you want to focus you're focus on Duelist accessories sold by the sword and shield fella in Unicorn way near arena.

I hope this helps in your journey!

Elie Ice - 97 Legendary Crafter
Blake RavenStone - 110 Promethean Crafter
Luke Legendbreaker - 110 Veteran
Blake Night - 77
Daniel Legend - 36
Charles - 49 Overlord

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Also!

If you're a professional player you can use waterworks gear all the way till 110 btw, this is possible with a good pet and crown wand items and maybe a high lvl wizard to do damage for you. Recommend either a life to heal you or a fire/storm to do damage. Good Luck!

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
EyroSilent on Apr 4, 2016 wrote:
Also!

If you're a professional player you can use waterworks gear all the way till 110 btw, this is possible with a good pet and crown wand items and maybe a high lvl wizard to do damage for you. Recommend either a life to heal you or a fire/storm to do damage. Good Luck!
Level 110 death with WW gear here (no idea what a professional player is because nobody can play this game for a living, but idk??)-

My pet is passable at best, but not "good" and my wand is from the KH wand vendor. I solo 90% of the time (I've never spent money on those pointless henchmen either) and only team up for a couple cheating bosses here and there. It's certainly no difficult feat to use WW for level 100+.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2016
Ok guys thanks! And also can you guys tell me if this gear I have on is good?

Hangman's Hood: Hangman's Cape: Ragerider's Boots: (Got this from the Road Warrior's Pack)

264 health 346 health 239 health
8% powerpip chance 8% powerpip chance 2% accuracy
9 resist 13 rating block 44 critical
66 critical death 12 resist 14 death damge and fire
18 death damage 30 critical death 3% incoming healing
4% incoming healing 23 death damage
2% incoming healing

Ring: Athame:

Black spinel of battle Bear's claw of death Am I good to go??

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
My L110 Death still uses his WW hat, but has a L90's crafted robe and boots. Ghost Dog ring (can't seem to get the good drops), L98 crafted athame, and a dropped necklace with spirit blades.

But, I do have an excellent pet that has Proof (10), Defy (5), Accuracy (6), Fairy, and Critical (30). The pet jewel is Death Giver (6). It's a max stat pet (all 250), so it helps boost my wizard stats.

My Balance still uses WW gear at L92, because even the crafted stuff isn't that good (Balance gets stiffed when it comes to decent crafted gear).

My L110 Myth still changes to her WW hat for some battles. She does have a nice Majoris hat from Polaris, but since it doesn't have resist, I need to switch to my WW hat if I want to boost my resist to 55 to call in a tough dungeon.

NONE of my wizards have Darkmoor gear (it's the snobby elitists that leave in the middle or leave at the beginning when they realize I don't have 'their' type of gear).

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Starblood653 on Apr 4, 2016 wrote:
Level 110 death with WW gear here (no idea what a professional player is because nobody can play this game for a living, but idk??)-

My pet is passable at best, but not "good" and my wand is from the KH wand vendor. I solo 90% of the time (I've never spent money on those pointless henchmen either) and only team up for a couple cheating bosses here and there. It's certainly no difficult feat to use WW for level 100+.
Obviously you're not reading the sentences correctly, I said "professional player" as in played for a very long time and understand the mechanics of the game. (Knowing the critical chances and percentages).

Also it is very difficult to play Wizard101 with Waterworks gear all the way till 110. Bosses would take advantage of you. You'll continuously be defeated if not careful of the game mechanics. Here, you try doing darkmoor with only Waterworks gear and let me know how "difficult" it really is. (I've done it).

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Also!

Omg no don't wear waterworks at lvl 110, you won't last half a second in pvp with the low health, resist and block that ww gives. To the OP: I recommend upgrading to crafted gear at lvl 76, the crit and block are substantially higher than waterworks gear.

Lvl 110
Lvl 78
Lvl 25

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Keep the gear till you find something with better stats than what you have.

Then craft a maniquine and put it on it in your house.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Obviously you're not reading the sentences correctly, I said "professional player" as in played for a very long time and understand the mechanics of the game. (Knowing the critical chances and percentages).

Also it is very difficult to play Wizard101 with Waterworks gear all the way till 110. Bosses would take advantage of you. You'll continuously be defeated if not careful of the game mechanics. Here, you try doing darkmoor with only Waterworks gear and let me know how "difficult" it really is. (I've done it).
I haven't been continuously defeated- I do better than most people with their DM gear. It depends on your play style, not just your gear. If someone is making it through just fine, I don't see any reason for passing judgement on how someone else plays. Play nice.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2016
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
Omg no don't wear waterworks at lvl 110, you won't last half a second in pvp with the low health, resist and block that ww gives. To the OP: I recommend upgrading to crafted gear at lvl 76, the crit and block are substantially higher than waterworks gear.

Lvl 110
Lvl 78
Lvl 25
Ok Thank you. I will just keep going with waterworks until I reach level 76 to craft the gear.