Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People leaving during a team up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
Firstly, I am not complaining about people leaving after a battle starts. That is rude, but it is their choice. What I am concerned with is when someone asks for a team up, then leaves before the battle even starts. Even that doesn't really bother me. The part that I take exception to is that if they leave and then you leave, you still have a counter on you and can't team up again for 10 minutes. I think that is wrong. I'm not going to fight a battle that someone else wanted to get help with, then gave up on. I think that if there is only one person in the dungeon and they leave, that there should be no penalty for that person. Who did it hurt if the only person in the dungeon leaves?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
klibanfan on Mar 16, 2016 wrote:
Firstly, I am not complaining about people leaving after a battle starts. That is rude, but it is their choice. What I am concerned with is when someone asks for a team up, then leaves before the battle even starts. Even that doesn't really bother me. The part that I take exception to is that if they leave and then you leave, you still have a counter on you and can't team up again for 10 minutes. I think that is wrong. I'm not going to fight a battle that someone else wanted to get help with, then gave up on. I think that if there is only one person in the dungeon and they leave, that there should be no penalty for that person. Who did it hurt if the only person in the dungeon leaves?
I think most everyone agrees that this is an unfair penalty to pay when it's someone else's doing. But since it's the way things are for the time being the best thing you can do is make the most of it. By that I mean go ahead and fight. The worst that can happen is you lose the battle but you don't lose anything else. And the time it takes to fight could be less time than the penalty for leaving, so you might as well try and get some XP and drops out of it while you're there. I understand not wanting to fight someone else's fight but once they flee you're stuck with the consequences... so at least get something out of it if you can.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
I agree with you klibanfan. It is very frustrating waiting for someone to help you with a team-up and then they leave as soon as you are both teleported. "Making the best of the situation" is what we are currently doing, but I don't think we should settle. The point of these discussion boards are to voice our opinion to the community and KI hoping to get an issue resolved, not just "making the best" of our issues.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Who hasn't felt frustrated coming to the aid of another; only to discover they've fled minutes after entering battle.

Even with all the many reasons why a wizard flees; wouldn't it be awesome, if after so many minutes, the game automatically replaced the fleeing wizard with a henchman from the crown shop they paid for.

Additionally, the fleeing wizard should have to complete an ever increasing list of time wasting tasks and quests that bring no experience or beneficial drops of any kind; only pop-up messages that say thank you for completing the quest of time wasting; next time think twice about fleeing a battle you've invite someone too; oh, and also have a nice day!

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
TucsonWizard on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
I think most everyone agrees that this is an unfair penalty to pay when it's someone else's doing. But since it's the way things are for the time being the best thing you can do is make the most of it. By that I mean go ahead and fight. The worst that can happen is you lose the battle but you don't lose anything else. And the time it takes to fight could be less time than the penalty for leaving, so you might as well try and get some XP and drops out of it while you're there. I understand not wanting to fight someone else's fight but once they flee you're stuck with the consequences... so at least get something out of it if you can.
This unreasonable penalty is common place in a lot of MMOs that I've played. I agree with you about making lemonade when you're given lemons though.

Until it's fixed, you're simply out of luck...so make the best of a bad situation.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Brandon LifeRunner on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:
I agree with you klibanfan. It is very frustrating waiting for someone to help you with a team-up and then they leave as soon as you are both teleported. "Making the best of the situation" is what we are currently doing, but I don't think we should settle. The point of these discussion boards are to voice our opinion to the community and KI hoping to get an issue resolved, not just "making the best" of our issues.
Agreed.