Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your Schools From Best To Worst

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
I know this has been done, but they where all old posts, so I decided to make a fresh one.

These are my schools from bet to worst.

1) Life - Even though this is my main school, there is a reason I like it so much. Firstly, it generally has good attack, good health and healing. Sometimes I don't solo, but when I have a friend helping or I'm helping them, I usually am the healer and we stay on high health easily :D

2) Death - Very good attack, most of which heal you back. Also good + spells like feint.

3) Storm - Incredibly high attack, accuracy isn't bad with a spell like accurate. Health is bad though.

4) Fire - Most people think this is a bad school, but I like the attack, decent health and, my favourite spells, over time spells.

5) Balance - I love how balance has a lot of blades and decent attack. Makes spells powerful in attacks.

6) Myth - I don't like the health, personally I think myth would be higher on this list if it had more health, having said that, it is quite easy to solo with, so maybe I would tie it with balance.

7) Ice - The health is good, but the attacks aren't very powerful at all.

This just my opinion, so please don't spam hate in the comments.

What your list from best to worst?

Cheers,
Christopher FrogWeaver,
Level 96

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
I'm not explaining why I like them.
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

Survivor
Sep 15, 2014
1) I love death cause of the health back
2) To all spells are op, and myh has a lot of them, plus, to all spells surpass cheats a lot too.
3) I think without life there wouldn't be too many heals out there, you always need a healer in your team.
4) Storm is really good for farming dungeons, it is very fast and helped me get waterworks gear fast.
5) Over time attacks can be very helpful with lots of blades.
6) I would tie this with fire because this school has the blades that fire needs, fire and balance would be a great pair.
7) I can't get into ice, they are good for pvp, but i just don't like the low damage.

Lvl 62 Death Wizard
Morgrim Drake

I'm a drake, son of Malistaire and Sylvia.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
1. - I adore high damage. The accuracy and health problem can be fixed with the right gear.
2. - Heheh, I need healing a lot.
3.- Maybe I'm biased because my first level 100 was death, but I love drain attacks.
4. - Ice. Um, where to start? The health is great, but damage is not very good to start with. Until a high level you can't really get the best damage.
5.-Blades guys. Blades.
6.-For some reason I've never liked myth all that much.
7.- Fire isn't actually my least favourite. I like fire, but I wasn't sure where to put it considering I've never really played with it that much.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012

and don't forget school!!

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
1) Having a little bit of everything is awesome
2) still messing around with all of their pros and cons
3) I don't like the idea of only being needed for heals

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Christopher FrogWe... on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:
I know this has been done, but they where all old posts, so I decided to make a fresh one.

These are my schools from bet to worst.

1) Life - Even though this is my main school, there is a reason I like it so much. Firstly, it generally has good attack, good health and healing. Sometimes I don't solo, but when I have a friend helping or I'm helping them, I usually am the healer and we stay on high health easily :D

2) Death - Very good attack, most of which heal you back. Also good + spells like feint.

3) Storm - Incredibly high attack, accuracy isn't bad with a spell like accurate. Health is bad though.

4) Fire - Most people think this is a bad school, but I like the attack, decent health and, my favourite spells, over time spells.

5) Balance - I love how balance has a lot of blades and decent attack. Makes spells powerful in attacks.

6) Myth - I don't like the health, personally I think myth would be higher on this list if it had more health, having said that, it is quite easy to solo with, so maybe I would tie it with balance.

7) Ice - The health is good, but the attacks aren't very powerful at all.

This just my opinion, so please don't spam hate in the comments.

What your list from best to worst?

Cheers,
Christopher FrogWeaver,
Level 96
1) ice more best school good stat and do get good damage when offense (but lack of damage) low defense when offense (when they lie on critical/pierce) least happy good ice chance (critical just fine pvp) just think critical/pierce seem little overpower & overboard with shadow magic spell (wonder how people win ultra dungeon if boss hard as heck if had immunity instead? beside ICE TOP school best at tournament because they get warlord badge faster then others school

2) myth good school (but aoe not that good until darkmoor) that think just waste of time of making myth wizard just low aoe spell example of life want life need? no offense life wizard

3) death best school because good either offense or defense so, give them 1st place for best top defense resist pet then others school because all mine pvp win use good at pvp on ice (all from death) accidently did a immunity puppet team in practice pvp once on ice wizard with death wizard when test mine myth immunity (didn't know death would have immunity to storm through death using malistaire gear XD at least we won with immunity to opposite school (lucky enough had cleanse wand for ice)

4) balance good school (glad there op) op better then ice because at least they able destroy storm that easy because school attack to others school but storm should deserve it for being destroy by balance because for ruin people immunity

5) good school (now seem they not) because over shadow magic spell (think shadow magic spell seem be op) but just wish there new school that can have spell able destroy people shadow magic spell so, shatter there shadow magic spell but seriously life need aoe spell and also give ice new healing spell

6) annoying school (all they do fire beetle) wasting there tc and gold for weak spell?

7) give last place (worst school) most school complain for everything and blame immunity on ice, blame on storm because first wizard using immunity get pass mirror lake because storm spider becauselow heath!!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
For questing, spells, etc.:

For PvP:

Reasons for PvP order:

: Good utilities (Mana Burn, Supernova), attacks (Loremaster, Savage Paw, Gaze of Fate), and overall good stats. I find this school really annoying, but hey they're pretty good.
: Good damage spike spells (Brimstone Revenant, Burning Rampage, Fire From Above), good shield breaker spells (Fire Beetle, Fire Elf) good damage and critical, and average block and resist. I'm pretty bias since I'm a Fire but it is considered a Tier 1 PvP school.
: Good utilities (easy access to Life Dispels, Guardian Spirit), great heals, and good attacks (Hungry Caterpillar, Luminous Weaver) and pretty good damage and resist.
: Good utilities (Bad JuJu), a good heal (Sacrifice), and their spells heal back when they hit. Pretty good school if you ask me. This school also has nice stats.
: Average attacks (Ninja Pigs, KOTF), average utilities (Shift) Earthquake, good stun spells (Medusa, Basilisk) and Mystic Colossus. Their stats are average as well. If Myth would have control of their minions I would probably rank this higher.
: Low health (4300 is around the highest I've seen), and low defense, Storm makes up for it offensively (500+ Critical and 100+ Damage). This school has great attacks (Wild Bolt, Glowbug Squall, Kraken, etc.) and good utilities (Cleanse Charm, Healing Current, Enfeeble). If this school had higher health, I would probably rank it higher than Death.
: Due to pierce practically destroying their resist when Khrysalis arrived, they're in my opinion at the bottom of the food chain. Still, good attacks, 6000+ health, and various stun spells, Ice is still a force to be reckoned with.

Those are my schools from my best to worst. I probably missed a bunch of unique aspects but oh well.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
1. Drains. Also, what is dead cannot die.

2. My first school. I also love DoTs.

3. The damage is nice, and 2-hit spells are great against bosses with a Tower Shield cheat.

4. The damage isn't too bad, and the heals are amazing.

5. Haven't gotten very far, but it's quite fun.

6. Too squishy for my taste, and the accuracy is irritating. I can easily relate to all the fizzle jokes on Tumblr.

7. I've never even gotten an Ice wizard past level 10. Nothing about it particularly appeals to me.

Took a break from the game, but it's nice to be back.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
1. - My very first school, though I never made it to khrysalis. Has a little bit of awesome from every school, but I wish their bazaar gear had universal resist like ice.
2. - Second school to choose, took a break from balance, I love dragons, better at pvp than storm, and they're supposed to be attractive
3. - I didn't know I would love tanking so much! I'm glad I am able to protect my friends, universal resist from bazaar gear is awesome! no farming until waterworks!
4. - Always my secondary school for balance, cool creatures. If that had a good aoe early on, then it would be higher on the list.
5. - People are always pressuring you to be the healer, heal yourself for once
6. - It's evil, Malistaire and Morganthe were both predominantly , that says enough already
7. - Risky, I hate fizzling, and I don't want the power to go to my head. Blade me, blade me! Nope, blade yourself

I noticed that the spirit schools got the bad end of the aoe stick. Is this intentional KI?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my favourites, in order:

100,000 volts of awesomeness, straight to the face.
because malistaire; that is all.
smells like guardian spirit.
this one depends on if or not the sorcerer in question is me.
the gift that keeps on giving, even after you die.
as exciting as watching water freeze... forever.
on a scale from one to castle dread-more, i give it a -100,000 on the fun scale.

(i only play myth so i can troll people with earthquake)

-von

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Death can't die twice!
I can heal and hit well.
Great for PvP and it has a balance I like.
Good hits and it's not storm XD
Idk but I like it.
Minions definitely.
This is at the bottom because I just straightforwardly don't like playing storm. It just feels funny and there's no team play.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
1from the spells and what my friend tells me
2only death has drain
3only at the high levels
4almost never had to heal.(personal experience)
5only school that heals others(at low level)
6/

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Survivor
Nov 22, 2014

Seth DarkFlame
Level 42
Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
1 solo
2defense
3health back
4 huge heal spells
5balanceblade is triggered by everything
6 i want my damage when i cast it
7 i cant hit anything

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
- My highest level to date, she's ridiculously strong (for those that keep saying Life is only about healing) and has soloed everything.
- With proper gear boosting accuracy, my Storm wizard rarely fizzles and also is soloing the game without much difficulty.
- Ice is not weak; you have to know how to play this school and it's always been one of my favorites. With high life stats and boosts to strength, coupled with universal shields, Ice can be a force to be reckoned with. Use blade, trap and the elemental blades - boom! Solo is a given here. :)
- Myth was my first school and I still like it quite a bit. I am not one to use the minions much, except in difficult boss fights, but still like the power this school is capable of.
- I found Death to be a challenge after Dragonspyre, but my wizard reached Celestia too early I think. Still love the school.
- Still working on this one... but am enjoying my newest First wizard. Need to grind through and get some accuracy boosts to be viable later on.
- While I have had fun with Balance, it's just not my type of school. My Balance wizard has done well through most of Zafaria...I just don't enjoy the battles that much.

Note: I play solo out of choice, and due to life giving me little time to meet up and play. I play at odd hours and very briefly during the week.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Apparently the creator of this topic and I joined on the same day.

1. It was my first school, and it's a great school. Satyr and Dryad are some of the best healing spells, and with blades and traps, it can be powerful. I got Forest Lord yesterday and it does quite a lot of damage.
2. Spells are great, feint, and you can do damage and heal at the same time.
3. Decent damage, and you have no problem with soloing.
4. Spells do a lot of damage, (I'm looking at you, Tempest), but they fizzle often if you don't have accuracy boosts.
5. DoT spells, spells do quite a lot of damage, but low accuracy without accuracy boosts.
6. Great tanks and high health, but I just don't like having low damage.
7. I don't have much experience with Balance, so I have no opinion here. I do like that it's a mix of all of the schools, however.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I don't want to explain why, I am just posting my opinion.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2012
Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
1) - More well rounded and gets easier in higher levels
2) - Bit annoying in the beginning with such low accuracy and health but gets better later
3) - Has more AOE with decent stats overall
4) - Loads of health with average attacks
5) - Lots of healing but one spell AOE would be higher if it had more
6) - More challenging to play and unable to stack blades and traps to get rid of weakness or plague
7) - Minions are morons if you could actually control them I would consider it not being last

Survivor
Jul 21, 2015
storm life ice fire balance myth and death