Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Raising Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2012
I know a lot of you are thinking the same thing why can't raising pets be easier I am100% with you guys on that yet no one ever has a suggestion. The only other thing I have tried is couch potatoes and that doesn't work very well for me because it takes to long and for those who did not know growing couch potatoes up to elder can make your plants drop mega snacks. Isn't there something or someone who gives mega snacks or good snacks period as a drop. Please comment at will and please anyone post any suggestions to help people better raise there pets. Thank you!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Evil Magma Peas are the best for mega snacks, as they give a variety of Rank 9 at elder (crowns or drop)

Prickly Bear Cactus are good for those who don't have crowns. These can give Rank 8 mega snacks and can be purchased for gold in the Bazaar or at the Krokotopia garden vendor.

King Parsley will give plenty of low and mid rank snacks during a daily harvest and at elder (plus these can drop amber at elder, too). These can be purchased for crowns or are dropped while questing. King Parsley are prolific and will frequently drop extra plants during a daily harvest.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Seeds

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
JordanDeathTamer on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
I know a lot of you are thinking the same thing why can't raising pets be easier I am100% with you guys on that yet no one ever has a suggestion. The only other thing I have tried is couch potatoes and that doesn't work very well for me because it takes to long and for those who did not know growing couch potatoes up to elder can make your plants drop mega snacks. Isn't there something or someone who gives mega snacks or good snacks period as a drop. Please comment at will and please anyone post any suggestions to help people better raise there pets. Thank you!
I had 1000's of megas at one time from doing gardens on multiple wizards 72 Couch Potatoes on my main death 96 magma pease on my life and a ton of cactus on other wizards. waiting 4-5 days is not a big deal to get 72+ megas plus other non elder harvests. The only faster way is mirror or pagoda runs without spending crowns.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Spam mirror lake runs or pagoda. Winterbane also drops a few.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
My favorite pet named Lord Z. Adult Night Hawk loooove's Needle Root rank 3 snack. I get the snack from Grizzleheim all enemies exept for the spiders! Never in another world I was in!
Jasmine Moonpetal
ps. More rare your pet is the more higher rank it loves. Well, sometimes.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2012
JordanDeathTamer on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
is the only way to train pets playing games with them?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
EsmeeRosePetal on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
is the only way to train pets playing games with them?
Nope, although it's the most reliable way.

If you feed miscellaneous backpack items to your pet, there's a very small chance that instead of getting gold or reagents for them, your pet will gain some xp and a small boost in an attribute.