Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Great Death Secondary

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2012
I've been considering Life.
I have a bunch of Training Points, so, yeah.
Thanks for your suggestions!

~Richard Deathstone
Necromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Number1337 on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:

~Richard Deathstone
Necromancer
Life is a waste to train with Death. Have a Life pendant card spell...that's all you'll ever need Life for. Death, with use of the prism, is not only more powerful again Death, but has the drain spells which restore your health.

My Death wizard trained fire, and is now in Celestia, having soloed the entire game to that point.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I trained Ice to tower, spirit blades, reshuffle, sun/star and have a bunch of other training points left over.
Secondary schools really drop by the wayside later on in the game. Not worth tossing an off school hit spell really. Unless you have a mastery amulet. Even then the gear boosts you get are not that great for your off school and you are limited on blades.
Life is popular, but with drain spells, it is not needed.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
What they said. You don't even need tower shields either if you are okay with just buying some at the commons. Secondary schools are pretty much useless IMO, especially for death since our school pretty much has almost every tool we need to survive. I would go with the Sun schools for colossal and sun enchantment as well as a few items from the star school. Empowerment has to be one of the greatest spells ever invented.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Number1337 on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:

~Richard Deathstone
Necromancer
well, if you go to the death school it says "death sits between storm and ice" and that means that is where death originates from, remember, death is chaos it's not really an element, so I would say storm or ice,and star or sun. I like peanut butter :D

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
IMO no secondary school is any good since you cannot obtain all the spells for the secondary school. However like some mentioned the star, sun schools are some of the better ones to train in because they will boost your power/spells.

I have a 87 Death wizard and like others have soloed most of the game(all except the big bosses) but I have even soloed some of them. You will find when you get to Azteca that it is a bit tougher so the battles will be longer or you may need assistance.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree with Jack Flame and RavenLady 100%. When you reach Celestia training the later astral schools is good. I use the Giant/Gargantuan/Colossal spells every time I cast an attack. I rarely use tc's. Reshuffle is typically the only tc I use. I like it as a tc because I can pull it immediately when I need it (timing a reshuffle can be critical to survival). This was a key strategy for me soloing tough bosses in Celestia and beyond.

There isn't much point in training a secondary Ravenwood school. Off-school attack spells look glamorous but they use up all your power pips, and your gear typically has less boosts for off school attacks. Its far more efficient to focus on your school spells. Zero pip spells (shields etc) might be good, but I rarely use shields. Shields just slow down the battle giving the enemy greater chance to prep. I setup blades, traps, feints, accumulating pips as fast as possible then attack with bigest hit possible. Ride through the enemies attacks, take the hits, then recover your health with vampire/wraith/scarecrow/dr von. Always try to defeat at least one enemy per attack.

Everybody has their own strategy, but this worked for me. Of course some enemies require special strategies, so adapting is key. Soloed almost everything, first wizard, no crown gear or henchmen.

Disclaimer: I don't PvP.

~ RottenHeart, Lvl 90

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
The NightSpear on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
well, if you go to the death school it says "death sits between storm and ice" and that means that is where death originates from, remember, death is chaos it's not really an element, so I would say storm or ice,and star or sun. I like peanut butter :D
I like it too.Death has no need of a secondary but needs stars and sun schools