Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Premium membership doesnt work

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
I became a member but i cant access all the areas is there a fix cuz otherwise im gonna chargeback

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Have you logged out completely and back in (exited the client and restarted it) since you got the membership? Sometimes I have to do that to gain full access to the member features. In my 7+ years of playing I have never heard of a transaction going through and not giving access to what you paid for, so i seriously doubt you will need to react in such an extreme way as to issue a chargeback.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
You didn't give us that much information to work with.
1. You can always email support with questions and they will help you.
2. In order to access locations you must have completed the prior area. (ie you must complete Unicorn Way, Triton Avenue, Cyclops Lane, and FireCat Alley and defeat Lord Nightshade in order to go to Krokotopia. (You don't want to just jump into Zafaria anyway as the baddies would kill you in a second and it annoys the other players who are the appropriate level).
3. Talk to Ambrose/Follow the main storyline that should get you on track.
4. Your membership appears to be working or you wouldn't have been able to post on the boards.
5. If you are really determined you can port to friends, but again it is recommended that you follow the storyline as that is how you gain access to new worlds.

Good luck!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Having a membership doesn't allow you access to all areas. It allows you access to all areas that are unlocked by your questing level, and you can port into other areas if you have a friend there. How exactly is it blocking you? If it's showing you the Crown purchase screen for the area then you need to contact customer support because it's not registering you as a member. If you just mean that you can't go wherever you want through the spiral gate, it's working as intended.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
You realize you do have to actually quest to move onto new places, right? Membership just allows you to use those places. Also, if I'm correct, you can't get a refund on your membership.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Exit the game and relog? That's the only thing I can think of since you don't really give much info. on your issue...

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
That happened to me yesterday when I was trying to level up my pets with the bonus. I noticed I wasn't getting any extra xp, so I tested it out by porting to Krok, and it said I had to pay for the zone, even though I've been a member for months now. And when it comes the time for my membership to renew, it always automatically did it. But suddenly it just stopped. I ended up actually having to repurchase my membership. I'm not sure why it happened, it really stressed me out.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Erica LifePetal on Jun 30, 2016 wrote:
That happened to me yesterday when I was trying to level up my pets with the bonus. I noticed I wasn't getting any extra xp, so I tested it out by porting to Krok, and it said I had to pay for the zone, even though I've been a member for months now. And when it comes the time for my membership to renew, it always automatically did it. But suddenly it just stopped. I ended up actually having to repurchase my membership. I'm not sure why it happened, it really stressed me out.
It's possible that the card originally used expired. Renewals use the data you gave at time of purchase, so even if you got a new card with the same number, if the expiration date doesn't match it won't automatically renew.