Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do people consider Khrysalis hard?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 28, 2010
If you ask me, I thought Khrysalis was much easier than Azteca. For example, Khrysalis bosses have way less health, no mastery amulets, you have companions such as Dyvim and most of all, you have access to Darkmoor gear 1/2-2/3 of the way through the world. So that' makes me wonder, why do people consider Khrysalis difficult but don't say anything about Azteca? (Keep in mind that I'm not trying to be mean or anything)

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
It really depends on the person when it comes to this. For me personally, I prefer to have a team when I do bosses and such. Most of the time, however; I end up soloing or my partner is unable to do much damage/support. Some of the bosses have 2 or more minions, which can be difficult to solo for some schools or by those that find it difficult targeting more than 1 target at a time [this is mostly my case]. Also, the support characters are nice, but some don't help all that much [Old Cob]. Yes, you do have access to the Darkmoor gear, but not everyone can get a hold of it [as easily as some do].

Khrysalis is easy to some, but others may find it difficult. It is a bit easier than Azteca, but the shadow magic drives me absolutely insane. Especially when a boss has it [a.k.a, Solar Arc final bosses.... -shivers-]. It can be useful if you know how to use it right, otherwise; it would lead to your own doom.

This really is my point of view, so it probably doesn't matter much. It just all boils down to the individual and their opinion.

Lvl 104
Lvl 17

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
The Ice Keeper on May 24, 2016 wrote:
It really depends on the person when it comes to this. For me personally, I prefer to have a team when I do bosses and such. Most of the time, however; I end up soloing or my partner is unable to do much damage/support. Some of the bosses have 2 or more minions, which can be difficult to solo for some schools or by those that find it difficult targeting more than 1 target at a time [this is mostly my case]. Also, the support characters are nice, but some don't help all that much [Old Cob]. Yes, you do have access to the Darkmoor gear, but not everyone can get a hold of it [as easily as some do].

Khrysalis is easy to some, but others may find it difficult. It is a bit easier than Azteca, but the shadow magic drives me absolutely insane. Especially when a boss has it [a.k.a, Solar Arc final bosses.... -shivers-]. It can be useful if you know how to use it right, otherwise; it would lead to your own doom.

This really is my point of view, so it probably doesn't matter much. It just all boils down to the individual and their opinion.

Lvl 104
Lvl 17
Hmm makes sense but I see a lot more people complaining Khrysalis is too hard than I see complaining Azteca is too hard and I'm confused about why.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
Azteca and Khrysalis are hard in their own ways. Azteca has the health and mastery amulets, while Khrysalis has shadow magic; but that is much later on. Now that I think about it, Khrysalis isn't hard much at all, I think it depends on the person whom is questing there. The gear, school, etc; could all make a difference. I manly had trouble with gear [critical, critical block, accuracy] that didn't have the specific elements I needed [though a very helpful player helped me solve this problem.]

We should compare this to Polaris instead of Azteca. Though Polaris bosses have considerably lower health, their spell decks and abilities have had a boost since Khrysalis. [Though, they're more annoying now than ever.] This make them more challenging, right? Yes and no. To some, it might seem like any other world, but to others; a whole set of problems had arisen. I hadn't made it far in Polaris, but it's making me want to go back to the days where you were ripping apart the Umbra Legion. I'd rate Polaris as hard, but Khrysalis should be left to opinion.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
The Ice Keeper on May 27, 2016 wrote:
Azteca and Khrysalis are hard in their own ways. Azteca has the health and mastery amulets, while Khrysalis has shadow magic; but that is much later on. Now that I think about it, Khrysalis isn't hard much at all, I think it depends on the person whom is questing there. The gear, school, etc; could all make a difference. I manly had trouble with gear [critical, critical block, accuracy] that didn't have the specific elements I needed [though a very helpful player helped me solve this problem.]

We should compare this to Polaris instead of Azteca. Though Polaris bosses have considerably lower health, their spell decks and abilities have had a boost since Khrysalis. [Though, they're more annoying now than ever.] This make them more challenging, right? Yes and no. To some, it might seem like any other world, but to others; a whole set of problems had arisen. I hadn't made it far in Polaris, but it's making me want to go back to the days where you were ripping apart the Umbra Legion. I'd rate Polaris as hard, but Khrysalis should be left to opinion.
Ah, thanks for the explanation. Glad you didn't get offended like some people would

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
I personally, as an ice wizard, love Khrysalis. I just finished the Eclipse Towers ( Shadow magic, woot woot ) .
So far, its been easier than Azteca. Maybe people think this because of the solo bosses in the beginning. Plus, you get minions! Dyvim ( whatever his name is ) WhiteHart, gave damage and resist buffs! Also, you start the world with good gear ( Tartarus ) .. Then about halfway through you get Darkmoor gear! But i have to admit, i did have help for the Eclipse Towers. If you can, most bosses are pretty easy to kill with a hit all spell, blades, and feints. Thats been my strategy for the world, and its been going pretty good so far.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2014
As a life it's hard, but not has hard as azteca, Spoiler: Dyvim eventually gets stung, and stops helping you. And i gets hard for me, since I only have 7% universal resist, but about 5615 heath, but every one has different strategies, so khrysalis is hard for some stratiges and schools (I would think ,, and but..)

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
I've just started (I'm only in Last Wood at the moment), but I'm finding the difficulty of Khrysalis to be just right. Not too hard, but not hand-holding either. I think the problem was that Azteca was just too much of a difficulty spike for where it was in the game. You know when you go from bosses with 22.5K health in one world to bosses with 15K health (while you have a partner who gives 50% damage and 20% resist. Dyvim, you're the man - er, mouse!) in the next, the difficulty curve might have been a bit off.

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
I think it depends on the school, deck setup, and patience of a wizard, especially when they are soloing.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2014
Blaze Icehead on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
As a life it's hard, but not has hard as azteca, Spoiler: Dyvim eventually gets stung, and stops helping you. And i gets hard for me, since I only have 7% universal resist, but about 5615 heath, but every one has different strategies, so khrysalis is hard for some stratiges and schools (I would think ,, and but..)
Sorry i wrote this. I was tired.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Depends on strategy, school, and probably the boss. The first two bosses were the bosses that I found hard or just annoying so yeah.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
In my personal opinion "why do people consider khrysalis hard?" depends on not only the school your wizard is in, the gear you have or strategy, it's also the cheats which there're more of and more intense than Azteca and Polaris. Shadow magic used by bosses are similar yet more intense than ours Plus bosses get more shadow pips for their spells then we do. All that makes Khrysalis more challenging and can be unfair to many players. I play a few life wizards and been called numerous of times to help players get through the first 2 battles In khrysalis but I can not; they're solo. I feel those 2 battles may be too difficult.

Tarlac swiftblade 110
Arthur Battlethorn 110
Seth Stormstalker 110
Sloan Stormcatcher 110
Connor Deathslinger 110
Adrian Firecaster 110
Carlos Nightshade 80
Tanner Stormrider 53
Gorman Mythhaven 53

Hero
May 07, 2015
I solo in khrysalis now, and its pretty easy now that I got a strategy, I trap boss with all the traps I got (no tc) then blade up, use rain of fire.

P.S: KI, why did you make that one part in khrysalis so sad? (guess what part)