Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Vault Keeper Key Glitch?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
Hey guys DragonPoop91 here level 43 master necromancer! So currently I have found a problem in dragon spyre! I completed the quests when I go through the time vault back in time and beat the boss build roads and stuff but then after I finished that I went back to regular time and it says find vault keeper key. Well there is no arrow pointing and it's not a quest where the arrow is blocked off. I looked it up and it said that you have to get the key from ervek or whatever the guy's name is that I got quest from but that is not working. This is not a side quest! Please help!

Administrator
Survivor
Nov 09, 2013
Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
Hello I have the same issue and I sent a email to support.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
I am having the same issue! I have no clue how to get the vault keeper key if there is no arrow!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
I emailed support as well, I forgot to mention that

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
Hello. I know the problem to the vault key glitch and I know how to fix it. Once you defeat the gurtok demon and you get the quest to get the vault key. You are like "What the heck happened" I had the same thing happen to me so redid the dungeon and got the key a second time. So did my friend. Just redo the dungeon and once you kill the demon the 2nd time you will have your key.

Thanks! - Brady FireBringer

Survivor
Jan 18, 2016
so im a necromancer. lvl 49... and im having the same glitch. to be honest, i dunno what to do... what dungeon do i have to redo? im so unaware right now. XD help wanted. #desperate to level up.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2016
Brady FireBringer on Jun 7, 2016 wrote:
Hello. I know the problem to the vault key glitch and I know how to fix it. Once you defeat the gurtok demon and you get the quest to get the vault key. You are like "What the heck happened" I had the same thing happen to me so redid the dungeon and got the key a second time. So did my friend. Just redo the dungeon and once you kill the demon the 2nd time you will have your key.

Thanks! - Brady FireBringer
curiosity question: whats the name of the dungeon? is it edrick's vault?

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
MVP Boss on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
curiosity question: whats the name of the dungeon? is it edrick's vault?
Yes, the name of the instance is Edrick's Vault.

As for the main problem, what fixed my issue was simply re-doing the dungeon. That should give you the Vault Keeper key. If that doesn't happen, then try again. If that doesn't work... maybe you should get some assistance.

Melissa Smith - Grandmaster Sorcerer Lvl. 55

Survivor
Jul 20, 2011
This happened to me also, but I am NOT wanting to do this dungeon over as a fire wizard. It was a small struggle and I threw my mouse out of anger (Lol) but I guess that's what'll have to happen.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2016
Hi first time in hear I have this glitch as well how do I get the quest again as not in my quests . So Car'nt remember where to start . I just have find vault key but no arrow .thanks

Survivor
Jul 20, 2011
rosiebu on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
Hi first time in hear I have this glitch as well how do I get the quest again as not in my quests . So Car'nt remember where to start . I just have find vault key but no arrow .thanks
Okay, so I re-did the dungeon. After I completed it, I was able to have the vault key and progress into the quests. All you have to do is re-do the dungeon!
Cole StormBright, Level 98
Nicole FireBright, Level 48

Survivor
Jul 11, 2016
Hello! I was just currently on this quest and experienced the same glitch. It's a really easy fix but not something you'll wanna do twice... So when the quest tells you to do whatever with the time crystal, you won't have a quest helper arrow. I didn't either. I assumed I had to go into the Hall of Time, which is what I did. I completed it, repaired bridges and faced the fire helephant and all, and exited the vault with a new quest saying I had to find a vault keeper key... This is where I got confused because I still had no quest helper arrow so I re-entered the Hall of Time dungeon, did it all over again, and completed the quest and got the key as needed... So, long story short, if you're experiencing this problem, all you have to do is do the dungeon twice. Not fun but has to be done if you want to move on! Hope this helped! :)