Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Pet Names Would You Like to See?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Hello. I wanted to ask all of you wizards: What pet names you would like to see in the Spiral? I would love to hear your responses. Thank you.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Shannon Skybreaker on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Hello. I wanted to ask all of you wizards: What pet names you would like to see in the Spiral? I would love to hear your responses. Thank you.
~Shannon Skybreaker
I wish we could like name them: Baby Allison, Baby Abigail, etc. You know, all the wizard names and you could just name them Allison or Carl, stuff like that :D

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I would pick Merlin for a name so I could have a black cat named that just like the one I have in real life. I am sure the game version would be better behaved.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
I would like to be able to turn off the names above pets but leave the names of wizards in place.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
I'd like to see one as "Orca." For an Orca whale. :p

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Cyber Espionage on May 30, 2013 wrote:
I'd like to see one as "Orca." For an Orca whale. :p
that would be a sweet storm pet.

I would like to see slightly more diversity in both the wizard names and the pet names. It seems like most of the names are geared towards traditional North American or European mass market fantasy themes.

Occasionally I'd like to see some appropriate wizard and pet names from other areas of the world where W101 is popular: China, Japan, Eastern Europe, India, Caribbean/PR/Mexico.

It would be nice to give my foo dog or jade oni a suitable name for his origins. A friend who works in my lab has an orange and white cat called Momo (Peaches in Japanese) and it seems a good name for an orange-coloured dragon or monk pet. The jade oni is an (h)elephant and as such, seems to hail from India or southeast Asia and it might be nice to give her a fitting and culturally-appropriate name from her apparent region of origin. I should hope someday she could stop being Lady Winston and maybe answer to Barapa (bigfoot) or Anaar (pomegranate) or Padmini (lotus blossom) or Xianlian (water lily).

Likewise it would be keen to have culturally appropriate names for cyclopes (Monophrys = one eyebrow; Malleolus = little hammer) and other Classical pets: Xenophon, Leonidas, Plato, Zenobia, Helen.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I would like to see Angela so I can have a mini me

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I think Evermore would be a really cool pet name!

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Once I teleported to my friend and her pet was called " Queen Emma". That is my wizard name!
EMMA Emeralds word lvl 48

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Hobbes. I just think it would be a cool pet name, especially for some pets. :)

Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 88 Diviner
Alura Unicornglade, level 42 Thaumaturge

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
I think Jazz or Jazzy would be cool.
SabrinaMisty, The Koolest Kitty around!