Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet with spell proof and spell defy

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Is there a pet that gives both; or whats two pets with small pedigree that both have spell proof or spell defy as one of their talents?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
These are the result of hatching programs to combine the two traits which are usually found in separate pet types. Usually only high-pedigree pets have either of these abilities - your best bet is to have a high-pedigree pet with something unique and useful, and find an owner of a double spell resistance pet who is willing to hatch with you.

It helps if your own pet already has one or both of these, so maybe starting with a sea dragon for instance is the best way to go, even though it will cost you some crowns.

Defender
May 03, 2009
MythicPlayer on May 4, 2013 wrote:
Is there a pet that gives both; or whats two pets with small pedigree that both have spell proof or spell defy as one of their talents?
Any pet can have them if you hatch it enough times. Most people go for SPUD. SPUD is based on may cast Sprite, SPELL PROOF, may cast Unicorn, and SPELL DEFY. I only have defy but if I try hard enough, I might be able to have both defy and proof at mega.

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
"Why? The world may never know."

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
To clarify, no first-generation pets as of the update have both spell-proof and spell-defy together in their potential genomes.

You will have to find pets who are manifesting each of these, and hatch them together and hope the offspring inherit and manifest both abilities.

As one ability is rare and the other epic, this could take some doing.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
I'd like to add on to what Scarlet said i have noticed that for pvp especially people go for the triple double combo. The triple double combo is extremely, extremely, extremely!!!!! hard to get. Most people don't know what triple double means, it means you have triple heal(sprite, fairy, and unicorn) and that you have double resist which is already a must for any pvp pet along with at least one healing talent. While i have heard SPUD before i have noticed that when people have a "perfect pet" its has the triple double. Just saying what the highest of high standards are, but what do i know when i tried pvp i got my score into the low 300's.

Scarlet Dragonpetal
Lvl 90 Pyro

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Scarlet Fever on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
I'd like to add on to what Scarlet said i have noticed that for pvp especially people go for the triple double combo. The triple double combo is extremely, extremely, extremely!!!!! hard to get. Most people don't know what triple double means, it means you have triple heal(sprite, fairy, and unicorn) and that you have double resist which is already a must for any pvp pet along with at least one healing talent. While i have heard SPUD before i have noticed that when people have a "perfect pet" its has the triple double. Just saying what the highest of high standards are, but what do i know when i tried pvp i got my score into the low 300's.

Scarlet Dragonpetal
Lvl 90 Pyro
true but i guess i got lucky and got every single one of those talents

a.k.a Alex Lotus Staff
level56

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
a starfish which you can buy in celestia, has spell proof. i trained mine up to ancient and i got spell proof spritely and mc ice blade. hope this helps!