Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How are you supposed to win against this!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2009
Alright, today I was in PvP with a storm.... Go figure... and the match didn't even last five min, before he hit and won...

==First of all: HE WENT FIRST==

His stats:
Health: 3,500 (could vary)
Damage: 109
Critical: 320

Spells he used:
Storm Blade Sharpened (1)
Vengeance +25 critical (1)
Darkwind +45 Damage (TC) (1)
Leviathan + Colossal (guessing)

He used a Levi on me, and before I knew it, I was dead... He critical, I didn't block or anything and I have universal 133 + Conviction + Tower

He did over 6K on me, and I didn't even have a chance to hit... No only has KI yet again let storm be OP in PvP, they refuse to do anything about it... It really gets me, and I bet most of you who PvP angry that these storms have such a great advantage over the rest of us wizards...

Side Note:

Also! The issue with putting Warlords with lower ranked PvP players just is not right for PvP... Even though the restart reset the stats, it still needs to look for first gen warlord to fight other first gen warlords... It just isn't right.

================================================================================

Again I see that storm is still OP and I think that, the reason I quite PvP before was because of this issue right here... I would have thought that KI would have fixed it, but apparently not...

I am not hating on Storm wizards, I am just angry about how they have such an advantage over all toher players... Hopefully it is fixed soon...

Scot DragonFlame
LvL 90 Life Wizrard

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
Storm has NO advantage over all WIZARDS have you seen Ice they are the OP ones
Storm has Suckish defense and life
Ice Has immunity and monstrous life
now here are the cons and pros

Storm:
CONS; low health low defense, blah minion
Pros; high damage,high critcal (can be blocked)

ICE:
Cons low damage attacks,
pros: useful minion, high health high resist

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
ScotDragon Flame on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Alright, today I was in PvP with a storm.... Go figure... and the match didn't even last five min, before he hit and won...

==First of all: HE WENT FIRST==

His stats:
Health: 3,500 (could vary)
Damage: 109
Critical: 320

Spells he used:
Storm Blade Sharpened (1)
Vengeance +25 critical (1)
Darkwind +45 Damage (TC) (1)
Leviathan + Colossal (guessing)

He used a Levi on me, and before I knew it, I was dead... He critical, I didn't block or anything and I have universal 133 + Conviction + Tower

He did over 6K on me, and I didn't even have a chance to hit... No only has KI yet again let storm be OP in PvP, they refuse to do anything about it... It really gets me, and I bet most of you who PvP angry that these storms have such a great advantage over the rest of us wizards...

Side Note:

Also! The issue with putting Warlords with lower ranked PvP players just is not right for PvP... Even though the restart reset the stats, it still needs to look for first gen warlord to fight other first gen warlords... It just isn't right.

================================================================================

Again I see that storm is still OP and I think that, the reason I quite PvP before was because of this issue right here... I would have thought that KI would have fixed it, but apparently not...

I am not hating on Storm wizards, I am just angry about how they have such an advantage over all toher players... Hopefully it is fixed soon...

Scot DragonFlame
LvL 90 Life Wizrard
Your first mistake was steeping into the arena with 133 block, Second mistake where was your storm shield?Third, why weren't you hitting him? A storm with those stats has horrible defense and would die long before or be forced to heal if you went on the offense. Storm is currently considered the lowest tier school for 1v1 it is not overpowered at all.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
Well it was mostly your fault for not blocking and besides when you are against storm just spam a attack spell and shield and weakness that will make them so mad that they will lose control and attack or rage quit and if not just keep spamming until you kill him

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
Storm is not OP. If you have low block, use convictions and get better block. If you have tower you should be playing with fire storm shields as well.

With that amount of damage he would have had no resist. If you had just made a couple low pip damage spells, or even blade a bit then hit with a bigger spell, he would have been forced to heal.

Then again, you are a life. So you should have had a guardian spirit already used. IDK what treasures you had, but if you throw up a weakness turn before he hits, then he will try hitting through it or wand hit it off so you had a chance to do something.

Storm in arena are fairly easy to beat if you play the right strategy. Throw on myth mastery and use tc earthquakes to get rid of their blades. Dont remember which spell it is but if you have traps use the spell I dont remember to destroy them. Then, spam storm shields. He cant get rid of the shields unless he shatters, and if you are second and you think hell shatter then hit, put up ANOTHER shield. If you first and he shatters, do the same, or you could throw out an attack that stuns if you think he may hit. Storm are only could for damage. If you block that then they wont do anything.

And btw be glad he isnt ice with the new massive resist and block, with about 6k health. Im ice, I dont have my major resist yet, but I do usually beat warlords i meet in the arena cause of 3k health at level 47.

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
ice is the OP one, it has to much resist

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Storm isn't overpowered, in my opinion ice is. You can storm dispel, storm shield, the list goes on to avoid being hit from a huge storm hit, but ice can reach immunity to 2 schools while having 50 resist, so no. Storm is NOT overpowered.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Even with conviction, your total block would be 223.

223 * .2562 = 57% block total

Against his baseline critical = ~70% block chance.
Less once he cast Vengeance

My guess is that's his default strategy and it works IF

--your baseline block is lower than 175
--you don't have high resist
--you're not using shields or dispels or shatter or weakness when you see stormblades start going up on the other side of the circle.

You may have noticed that Storm doesn't appear in the top 2-3 pages of the 1v1 ladders. There's a good reason for that. Next time you get wiped out by an early crit like this, check out their other stats. Resist, block, accuracy, healing. Chances are there's weak spots in these areas you can exploit to shut down the blitzkrieg approach.

Cripple his early development. Keep him on the defensive, one step forward two steps back. Enfeebling a guy like that may not slow him down much, with base damage like that he may still be able to crit through for about 5k unbladed. Shield, cloaked dispels, cloaked weakness, some cloaked and some uncloaked infections. You want him discarding healing spells to dig for blades and hits. Take some time messing with his head. Meanwhile have a 6-pip hit ready, leave yourself enough to continue head games after hitting. Reshuffle aggressively to bring back shields, cloaks, dispels, and cloaked items. Even something as simple as Black Mantle can exploit the elementary weakness in Storm - accuracy, which hits a peak at lvl 55-65 and declines thereafter back to about 90-92%.

Remember that time is on your side - most Storms run low card counts so as to maximize drawing a strong opening hand of blade, blade, aura, enchant, hit. If you can dismantle that golden first three turns for him, he will be pitching cards and reshuffling to get set up again. Stabilize, cover your bases, and keep hitting when he is passing and reshuffling.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Don't know why it is but it truly seems like the schools are far close from being every bit fairly matched

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
jack skullbreeze on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
ice is the OP one, it has to much resist
Ice is not OP, its just very very annoying. Ice players should have an own pvp pedestal, where they can join and only play with each other. lol