Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pack theif

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2013
This person whose name is noah redcloud had actually made me his friend, forcefully made me buy a pack by saying he will help me is the necropolis and removed me from his friend list after I bought him a pack and I also tried reporting him but he removed me before. Please can you report him and give me back my 504 crowns.

Lots of love David

Administrator
Young Wizard, no one forced you to gift them anything. It was your choice to gift them something when they promised to help you and then fled. It's not a very nice thing to do, but you were not forced to do anything - there are plenty of people who will help you without asking for anything.

It's a tough lesson to learn and I'm sorry that you were treated that way, but this is not a valid reason to report someone.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 12, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
Young Wizard, no one forced you to gift them anything. It was your choice to gift them something when they promised to help you and then fled. It's not a very nice thing to do, but you were not forced to do anything - there are plenty of people who will help you without asking for anything.

It's a tough lesson to learn and I'm sorry that you were treated that way, but this is not a valid reason to report someone.
Well can you give me my crowns back

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
Sorry that you gave him packs and he befriended you. This has happened to me, too, just without them forceing me. My advice, don't gift people if they ask you. Save your crowns for your own packs. And if people friend you just to ask you to gift them, unfriend them.

Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remian stupid Ben Franklin

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
hydra4444 on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
Sorry that you gave him packs and he befriended you. This has happened to me, too, just without them forceing me. My advice, don't gift people if they ask you. Save your crowns for your own packs. And if people friend you just to ask you to gift them, unfriend them.

That quote of yours is a valid point.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

not really its very simple to remain stupid

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
rusher2828 on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
That quote of yours is a valid point.
Thank you, rusher2828. I hope I helped. :D And critical blizzard, my last sentence was my favorite quote from Benjanim Franklin. But, I was confused, too when I read it.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Professor Greyrose is right. He didn't force you into anything, it was your choice to trust him and gift him a pack. I'm sorry though, there are just some people who do this, who can't go out and work for their own crowns. Don't trust anyone if they ask for something like that, just go into a different realm or just ignore them. Good luck!

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 48 theurgist

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Well, I once did the same thing. When I was a younger wizard, I had not gained access to CL. As annoying as it is, I, sure enough, went into the Commons begging to get access. I met a guy in the Pet Pavilion with my friend and he told us that if we gifted him a pack, he'd gain us access. I fell for it. He told me also that if I failed to gift him, he'd ban me and my friend. We went to his home, and I gave him the pack. Then he took us to CL, and told us he received no pack and he'd ban us. We logged out onto the selection screen, and then got back on and reported him. (I know, it did not good, but I wasn't on the message boards yet) Something similar happened to you, and it is a life (er... Wizard101) lesson that we learn at sometime or another. Some people out there trick us, and we're the victims. Be sure that next time to use the ignore button (not report, won't do you any good) when you come across this.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Molly the Balance ... on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Well, I once did the same thing. When I was a younger wizard, I had not gained access to CL. As annoying as it is, I, sure enough, went into the Commons begging to get access. I met a guy in the Pet Pavilion with my friend and he told us that if we gifted him a pack, he'd gain us access. I fell for it. He told me also that if I failed to gift him, he'd ban me and my friend. We went to his home, and I gave him the pack. Then he took us to CL, and told us he received no pack and he'd ban us. We logged out onto the selection screen, and then got back on and reported him. (I know, it did not good, but I wasn't on the message boards yet) Something similar happened to you, and it is a life (er... Wizard101) lesson that we learn at sometime or another. Some people out there trick us, and we're the victims. Be sure that next time to use the ignore button (not report, won't do you any good) when you come across this.
In your situation, Molly, I imagine that threatening to ban someone is considered impersonating KI staff and is therefore reportable.

But I agree with the general sentiment of what's already been posted. As an adult, I know that someone's obviously not going to give me anything for free, but the victims of these scams are often new players or young children who don't "know better".

I sincerely hope that KI will eventually make scamming a reportable offense as well.

-von

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Lord David on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Well can you give me my crowns back
I know it can be a pain when you lose crowns to a jerk like that but that really never happened to me. What i'd do is if someone asks you to gift them make sure they do the deed first and then gift them afterwards. Like once when I was in Wysteria this guy came up to me and asked if I could help him with a boss. I said I would and he thanked me and said everyone else that he asked was being really rude when he asked. He even said one guy would slaughter all of his family . Before the battle I mentioned that I was doing it because I needed gold and just helping people from time to time. In the second round I killed them with a critical and enchanted meteor. He thanked me and gifted me 3000 gold. I was happy though I could have used more I wouldn't have wanted to waste someone else's money on me. So I thanked him and went to go and decorate my Pyramid of the Lost Horizon. Anyways enough of my stories If someone wants to gift you make sure they do the deed first, if they are being rude just don't gift them. Hope this Helps
Megan Frostflame Level 95

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
Molly the Balance ... on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Thanks! Really helpful! I would never gift someone in that situation. I have a really good friends to help me.

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Thank you, rusher2828. I hope I helped. :D And critical blizzard, my last sentence was my favorite quote from Benjanim Franklin. But, I was confused, too when I read it.
if it's such a challenge what happened to so many places? was there a contest?