Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Woah ... So all wizards are right handed?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
I just realized this- all the wizards hold their wands (If its a one handed wand) in their right hand. I think we should be able to choose what hand our wizard holds their wand in. :D

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 94 myth

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Hahaha! Good observation. True.

I know from experience that not all wizards are in the right mind.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
MythWizardForeves on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
I just realized this- all the wizards hold their wands (If its a one handed wand) in their right hand. I think we should be able to choose what hand our wizard holds their wand in. :D

something that takes up both hands you will hold differently if depending on if you are left or right handed too

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
IT is true that they use the right hand for wands and swords, but if I'm not mistaken. When a wizard uses a bow they pull the string with their left hand. Which a right handed person would pull with the string with their right hand. So you could say the bow weapon is a left handed weapon.

Hunter WillowGrove lvl 95

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
WiseOne70 on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
IT is true that they use the right hand for wands and swords, but if I'm not mistaken. When a wizard uses a bow they pull the string with their left hand. Which a right handed person would pull with the string with their right hand. So you could say the bow weapon is a left handed weapon.

Oh NICE point. Well observed.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I like this idea. I'm left-handed and this would be cool. :)

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
This would just take too much extra work for nothing.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Very good idea it could be a basic part of character selection and Ambrose could say " in what hand do you wish to wield the most powerful weapon in the spiral"

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
WiseOne70 on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:

That's not entirely true. The hand you shoot with in archery is based off your dominant eye, not hand. I'm left-handed but I shoot right handed.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
MythWizardForeves on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:

Does it really matter?

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Lucas Rain on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:

Haha, I know a few wizard not in the right mind as well. (possibly including myself)

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth wizard ( my experience bar mysteriously disappeared once more)

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Monquistans78 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
This would just take too much extra work for nothing.
1.) It wouldn't be completely for nothing.
2.) Do you happen to mean "nothing" or the capitalized "Nothing"? Because for those who have read the Keys to the Kingdom series, "Nothing" is a dangerous substance that is literally nothing and can dissolve you into "Nothing". And doing extra work for "Nothing" would make absolutely no sense for "Nothing" is mindless and is not alive anyway. Anyway, happy I confused you by using book references, and it would be cool if we got to choose hands, and bye now!

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth, (poor experience bar! it was so young!)

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Balance princess on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
Very good idea it could be a basic part of character selection and Ambrose could say " in what hand do you wish to wield the most powerful weapon in the spiral"
Woah ... that would be cool. I know that my wand isn't the most powerful weapon in the spiral though ... Still using the level 30 wand, haha.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth (seriously, my poor experience bar died!)

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
MythWizardForeves on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
1.) It wouldn't be completely for nothing.
2.) Do you happen to mean "nothing" or the capitalized "Nothing"? Because for those who have read the Keys to the Kingdom series, "Nothing" is a dangerous substance that is literally nothing and can dissolve you into "Nothing". And doing extra work for "Nothing" would make absolutely no sense for "Nothing" is mindless and is not alive anyway. Anyway, happy I confused you by using book references, and it would be cool if we got to choose hands, and bye now!

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth, (poor experience bar! it was so young!)
1.) Yes it would; Kingsisle would have to add left-handed animations for most of the wands of the game. Even if it were as simple as coying the present animations, flipping them around, and adding them to the game, many Kingsisle employees would probably find it a logistical nightmare to do it to most of the wands. What would be the purpose? To be more realistic? If you want a realistic game, play the Sims franchise games.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Woah ... that would be cool. I know that my wand isn't the most powerful weapon in the spiral though ... Still using the level 30 wand, haha.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth (seriously, my poor experience bar died!)
or he could just ask if your right or left handed? btw your experience will come back to life in khrysalis part 2 and die again shortly after

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
critical blizzard on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
or he could just ask if your right or left handed? btw your experience will come back to life in khrysalis part 2 and die again shortly after
:P I know the experience bar thing, I just like saying random stuff

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Monquistans78 on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
1.) Yes it would; Kingsisle would have to add left-handed animations for most of the wands of the game. Even if it were as simple as coying the present animations, flipping them around, and adding them to the game, many Kingsisle employees would probably find it a logistical nightmare to do it to most of the wands. What would be the purpose? To be more realistic? If you want a realistic game, play the Sims franchise games.
1.) it is simply a suggestion, you do not have to criticize everything
2.) it would be a cool addition to the game, this part of the message boards is for suggestions
3.) the purpose would be to add more choice to the game, and to be able to personalize your wizard more
4.) I have played the sims games, and they are not realistic at all
5.) bye!

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
wraithcaster on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
Does it really matter?
Hmm ... it would be a cool addition to the game, but whether it matters or not is a matter of opinion on what the word matter means. Your welcome for confusing you.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
1.) it is simply a suggestion, you do not have to criticize everything
2.) it would be a cool addition to the game, this part of the message boards is for suggestions
3.) the purpose would be to add more choice to the game, and to be able to personalize your wizard more
4.) I have played the sims games, and they are not realistic at all
5.) bye!

1.) If you post an idea, you need to be ready for people who will disagree with you.
2.) And the "quote" and "post reply" buttons are mainly used for criticisms and supportive comments here.
3.) They're just avatars; I don't think they need to be personalised so much. Even if KI were to implement this, it would take a lot of work for them.
4.) What did you do wrong?
5.) Oh yeah, I forgot to say this, if there is a high enough concentration of Nothing, it will turn into a Nithling, which is actually alive.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Monquistans78 on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
1.) If you post an idea, you need to be ready for people who will disagree with you.
2.) And the "quote" and "post reply" buttons are mainly used for criticisms and supportive comments here.
3.) They're just avatars; I don't think they need to be personalised so much. Even if KI were to implement this, it would take a lot of work for them.
4.) What did you do wrong?
5.) Oh yeah, I forgot to say this, if there is a high enough concentration of Nothing, it will turn into a Nithling, which is actually alive.
1.) I am ready for people to disagree with me, why else would I be replying and basically arguing?
2.) The point of the message boards is to suggest stuff, and I am simply suggesting something.
3.) By technicality, Nothing is not alive, and Nithlings are alive, but I never suggested a Nithling is not alive, I simply said Nothing is not alive for if there were a surge of Nothing, that Nothing would not be classified as a living being, though it can be formed into living beings and other useful objects
4.) You read The Keys to the Kingdom series?

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
Lucas Rain on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:

You just made my day with that comment

Lever 95

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
MythWizardForeves on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
1.) I am ready for people to disagree with me, why else would I be replying and basically arguing?
2.) The point of the message boards is to suggest stuff, and I am simply suggesting something.
3.) By technicality, Nothing is not alive, and Nithlings are alive, but I never suggested a Nithling is not alive, I simply said Nothing is not alive for if there were a surge of Nothing, that Nothing would not be classified as a living being, though it can be formed into living beings and other useful objects
4.) You read The Keys to the Kingdom series?

1.) Because you don't want anyone to disagree with you.
2.) That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with each other.
3.) I know, but technically, Nithlings are made of Nothing.
4.) Sadly no, but I looked ot up.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Monquistans78 on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
1.) Because you don't want anyone to disagree with you.
2.) That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with each other.
3.) I know, but technically, Nithlings are made of Nothing.
4.) Sadly no, but I looked ot up.
1.) My thoughts behind the posts, is that its much better to use constructive criticism rather than simply pointing out flaws and disliked things.
2.) You should read the Keys to the Kingdom series, its good.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Wow, lol I never realized that. Yeah, I think you should be able to choose, since some people are left handed.