Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

100 Level Cap Light or Shadows?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
It would be cool if at the next level cap we got introduced to another threat to the spiral, something more greater than Malistare and the now powerful Morganthe. During the storyline from level 90-100 we are influenced by both Merle Ambrose and Morganthe, as Morganthe is trying to tackle the same enemy as us, offering us help but with a hidden agenda (perhaps she looses her power). Then at level 100 we got to side between light or shadows, to either stay with the Headmaster or go with Morganthe. This would be the biggest decision a young wizard would have to make since picking their school of magic. The light and the shadows would offer different attributes, stats, spells, and gear. The spells would still be school specific but would differ depending on the side the wizard chose (For example the level 108 myth spell for light might be an aquilan raven while the 108 shadow spell would be a shadow weaver). Ultimately all the wizards would be working towards the same goal and they would never collide with each other, they would just be tackling the same goal but with different means. I think this would be an interesting twist for those people with multiple wizards and will challenge them. And if not for the next level cap, maybe for the one after since the Morganthe arc isn't completely finished.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
I think this would be an awesome idea in videogames where you get that option I always love seeing the world from the villains point of view, great Idea!

Trevor FireShard- level 70

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Alric Summerthorn on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
It would be cool if at the next level cap we got introduced to another threat to the spiral, something more greater than Malistare and the now powerful Morganthe. During the storyline from level 90-100 we are influenced by both Merle Ambrose and Morganthe, as Morganthe is trying to tackle the same enemy as us, offering us help but with a hidden agenda (perhaps she looses her power). Then at level 100 we got to side between light or shadows, to either stay with the Headmaster or go with Morganthe. This would be the biggest decision a young wizard would have to make since picking their school of magic. The light and the shadows would offer different attributes, stats, spells, and gear. The spells would still be school specific but would differ depending on the side the wizard chose (For example the level 108 myth spell for light might be an aquilan raven while the 108 shadow spell would be a shadow weaver). Ultimately all the wizards would be working towards the same goal and they would never collide with each other, they would just be tackling the same goal but with different means. I think this would be an interesting twist for those people with multiple wizards and will challenge them. And if not for the next level cap, maybe for the one after since the Morganthe arc isn't completely finished.
This would seriously be worth pushing my storm wizard through Celestia
An option to become evil, AMAZING
And something that has to do with that mysterious broken Spiral Door...

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
Alric Summerthorn on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
i think it would be an awesome idea

Llewella Frostflower lvl 90

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Since this goes 2 ways, KingsIsle would have to come up with more ideas to improve the game, that means more employees to think about new stuff. They're also improving Pirate101 as well, so this would be a tough decision for them. I do think this would be an amazing improvement to this game, really. I hope this dream makes its way to reality

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
nice idea but what about balance you really can't

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I suggested this a long time ago, and got nothing but rudeness and snark.

That was 2 years ago, and I still support this idea. Choosing sides is an option that most other games do have, and it would make things interesting... I totally would have joined Mally back in DS, and I'll join him now, if the option is made available (and if I stick around that long).

-v.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Dr Von on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
I suggested this a long time ago, and got nothing but rudeness and snark.

That was 2 years ago, and I still support this idea. Choosing sides is an option that most other games do have, and it would make things interesting... I totally would have joined Mally back in DS, and I'll join him now, if the option is made available (and if I stick around that long).

-v.
sorry not trying to be rude but how can kingsisle keep wizard101 family friendly when you have the option to run around killing the good guys

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
critical blizzard on Oct 8, 2013 wrote:
sorry not trying to be rude but how can kingsisle keep wizard101 family friendly when you have the option to run around killing the good guys
First of all we've been to two ghost worlds. We witnessed the destruction of an entire other world and the deaths of the people on that world. And lastly, we technically DID kill Malistaire. Kingsisle does a fair job at masking epic things with a "family friendly" face.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Alric Summerthorn on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
First of all we've been to two ghost worlds. We witnessed the destruction of an entire other world and the deaths of the people on that world. And lastly, we technically DID kill Malistaire. Kingsisle does a fair job at masking epic things with a "family friendly" face.
1 we didn't destroy that world 2 malistare was gonna destroy all the worlds