Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown-bought mounts?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
If you buy a mount with crowns, does it have a time-limit like the normal ones you buy from Zeke? I'd like to know before I waist my crowns on one of them.

-Kaitlyn Shadowshade, Ice Wizard

Administrator
There are Rental Mounts and there are Permanent Mounts.

Regardless of the currency you use to purchase it, Rental Mounts are for a limited time only and will disappear when the timer is up, and Permanent Mounts will remain with your character unless you trash or sell them.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 22, 2013
You can rent a mount with crowns for seven days, or you can buy a permanent mount. The rental mounts are, of course, cheaper than the permanent ones. For example, it is cheaper to buy a permanent broom than a permanent dragon. I am also pretty sure that almost all of them increase your speed by 40%. Though there is a new limited time sloth mount that came out for April fools day that decreases your speed by 40%. Though there are some limited and permanent mounts you can purchase with gold. For example, I bought a permanent lioness for 85,000 gold, some mounts are cheaper than others. I personally think you should get a mount. As soon as I got my mount, I was zipping through quests. It is very helpful, and there are a wide variety of mounts to choose from. Well, I will leave it up to you to make the best decision. Hopefully this helped. :)

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
There are 1-7 day mounts that, in my opinion are not worth it,because you'd end up saving more on perma mounts. P.S: Be careful at shops and DON'T SELL THEM. It's not fun when you accidently do.