Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

where do I get good gear?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I have been playing this game for about a month now, and just dont understand a few things. my wizards level is in the 30's and I have the best gear I can find from the bizzar. I am supposed to have a 54% chace at a power pip. I get one about every 7 pips, thats kinda frustrating, but I see these 20th level wizards whos gear is incredible.They have resistance across the board, criticals across the board, accuracy in just about everything, am i doing somthing wrong? where do I find stuff like this? whats the deal?I hear people talking about crown stores. I like the game and all but, If I have to buy that stuff when Im already paying to play it...can anyone tell me how you obtain those things?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Saffron the Epic on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
I have been playing this game for about a month now, and just dont understand a few things. my wizards level is in the 30's and I have the best gear I can find from the bizzar. I am supposed to have a 54% chace at a power pip. I get one about every 7 pips, thats kinda frustrating, but I see these 20th level wizards whos gear is incredible.They have resistance across the board, criticals across the board, accuracy in just about everything, am i doing somthing wrong? where do I find stuff like this? whats the deal?I hear people talking about crown stores. I like the game and all but, If I have to buy that stuff when Im already paying to play it...can anyone tell me how you obtain those things?
As I wrote in my reply to your almost identical post, the crown shop is an icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen when you are playing the game. There is gear, pets, mounts, etc. All cost real money, aka, crowns.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
No, no your not doing anything wrong lol.

There were probably wearing crown gear as you said, either from packs or from the crown shop itself. You are right, compared to other gears at there level, the stuff you get for crowns are significantly better. But I find it hard to believe that level 20's have good critical, I'm not even aware that there was gear for low levels that give critical, of course with the exception that there pet gives critical striker, which is a pet talent that gives critical rating.
If you want any of this really good stuff you will have to be willing to spend some crowns, or depending on your school you could farm for good gear that the stronger bosses in your present world dropped, which I assume is either late Marleybone or early Mooshu. To find the right gear, I recommend you check out the wiki or wizard 101 central for guidelines.
And by now your probably thinking, darn crowns..... I totally understand, it is kind of unfair, but once you get to higher levels the crown gear gets weaker and you will start relying on gear that doesn't cost crowns like ww.

Sincerely, Monica StarBane

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
There is some pvp gear if you are a high rank. You get some pretty awesome stuff that doesn't always match your level. So you might want to try out ranked pvp for a while. If you get to captain and anything above that has some pretty amazing equipment.