Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Favorite seeds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Personally I LOVE Angel Oak :) it's just so pretty and whenever people come to my house they're like "wow this one is nice where did you get it?" Which ones do you like?

-Jenna Lifedust level 84

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Do you mean gardening seeds because if that's the case then I love king parsley.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have been getting a lot of favs with planting. The prickly bear, clockworks, goosetree, fish on a vine, angleoak. Very few I don't like watching grow.

Mary

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Couch potatoes are great for mega snacks, but a bit of a pain to get the seeds for, you can farm for them in Grizzlefeim but the drop rate is pretty low. Prickly bear cactus is a good source for mega snacks for those who don't have the patience to farm couch potato seeds; you can buy them for gold and don't need to buy many as the seeds multiply, but the snacks aren't as good, they give rank 8 snacks instead of rank 9 like couch potatoes.

I also grow plants for reagents. I read a guide once that refers to Fickle Pickles as the "Swiss army knife" of reagent harvesting, they give a great variety reagents as well as some useful treasure cards. When I need black pearls I usually plant some pink dandelions, they get dropped by so many different creatures you will have plenty of pink dandelion seeds without even trying. I have been growing silver trumpet vines to try and accumulate vine and braided vine against future need. Silver Trumpet vine seeds get dropped fairly often, but if you need more you can get them by growing regular trumpet vine plants, sometimes they give the silver seeds when harvested. King Parsley is the top of the heap for reagent gathering, they occasionally drop amber, several other reagents, and a variety of good treasure cards. I haven't ever had a King Parsley seed drop. I bought one seed from the crown shop, and accumulated more as the seeds do multiply, though very slowly. I tried fish on a vine, but hate the plant, the darn things draw level 4 pests, burning more energy to get rid of than I like to spend. Besides, it creeps me out how the fish always turn towards me and start barking when I'm not paying attention.

If you have crowns to spare, Key Limes are fabulous for ranking up your gardening skill level. Otherwise, pink dandelions are a good choice as they can be planted by a level 1 gardener. If you can get couch potato seeds to drop they can be planted when you reach level 3, and give gardening experience much faster then pink dandelions.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
For the looks I love moon flowers, alligator pear trees, fish on a vine, and my ultimate favorite, angel oak
For the rewards I like couch potatoes (mega snacks nice treasure cards), EMP (well duh lol), cornbread fruit bushes (golden wheat bread which is a mega snack), and ummm there's probably more but I can't remeber lol.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2013
evil magma peas they are a great mega snack plant, i want more but i don't know how to get get the quest yet, to farm for them, so i can do tons of pet training,

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
for snacks it is both Evil magma peas and Couch potatoes. for looks Angel oak is really pretty.

Survivor
May 28, 2014
Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I think the Queen Crape Myrtle is gorgeous. Angel Oak is a close second with any of the Snow Apple trees coming in third.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
JennaLifedust on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Personally I LOVE Angel Oak :) it's just so pretty and whenever people come to my house they're like "wow this one is nice where did you get it?" Which ones do you like?

-Jenna Lifedust level 84
I agree. They are very pretty.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
streem485 on Oct 6, 2014 wrote:
I agree. They are very pretty.
For my lower level wizards I like Stinkweed for a virtually endless supply of Smokescreen and Poison TC. And Pink Dandelions are great for some of the rarer and more expensive reagents like Black Pearls, Black Lotus, Bronze Gears etc. And both of these drop a lot of their own seeds so you can have a constant rotation. They also use a small plot so in groups of nine (3x3) you can cover them with the medium, 8 pip spell circle in one shot.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I think most of it has been covered.

When I first started gardening, it was Pink Dandelions to level up.

Once I got high enough, I graduated to Silver Trumpet Vines, again to level up fast.

Once I learned more about gardening and what I wanted to get out of it, I moved on to other plants.

For pet snacks, I go with Deadly Helephant Ears and Evil Magma Peas. I did Couch Potatoes for a while, but grew tired of them because I didn't have enough seeds to make them worth my while.

For reagents, I go with King Parsely.

For looks... I only garden for pet snacks or reagents so I have no suggestions.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
As a grand master gardener, i dont really plant for regents, tc, pet snacks or any other drop. I garden because i love to garden, my personal favorite has to be a tie between dandelions and the moon flower, mostly because how magestic these two look, btw redecorating my red barn farm, be done soon keep an eye out for it in the house tours.