Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet degrees

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2011
I have so many pets that are like very high in pedigree, yet when I train them I just get like steadfast or something, it just helps with pet's xp. I really want to get better pet stats, but how matter how hard I try to finally get a good pet, it turns out all horrible. The pets I train have usually 60 to 70 and occasionally 72 or more pedigree but when I train them it stills turns out bad. I checked over the help pages in my spell book and find out what it did and it said the higher pedigree, the better the pet's stats. Yet I see people with the same pets with WAY more stats. I am so tired of getting annoying tiny stats on it like pip o plenty or just xp. Is the reason my pets have bad stats because of the pedigree they have? Am I just not training the right pets? I see people with really good pets all the time that even I have but theirs give stuff like attack or nice resistance and I wonder why if I have the same exact pet it doesn't give me nearly anything as good as even close to their pets stats. Am I just unlucky in training or doing something wrong? Is there any way I can at least increase my pets stats? Please tell me if you know anything that can help, thank you.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Pedigree doesn't matter. When you see pets with lots of good talents it's usually from hatching. There is nothing you can do in training or games to change what your pet can do, so the best way is to hatch with pets that have the things you want.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Victoria SoulCatch... on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I have so many pets that are like very high in pedigree, yet when I train them I just get like steadfast or something, it just helps with pet's xp. I really want to get better pet stats, but how matter how hard I try to finally get a good pet, it turns out all horrible. The pets I train have usually 60 to 70 and occasionally 72 or more pedigree but when I train them it stills turns out bad. I checked over the help pages in my spell book and find out what it did and it said the higher pedigree, the better the pet's stats. Yet I see people with the same pets with WAY more stats. I am so tired of getting annoying tiny stats on it like pip o plenty or just xp. Is the reason my pets have bad stats because of the pedigree they have? Am I just not training the right pets? I see people with really good pets all the time that even I have but theirs give stuff like attack or nice resistance and I wonder why if I have the same exact pet it doesn't give me nearly anything as good as even close to their pets stats. Am I just unlucky in training or doing something wrong? Is there any way I can at least increase my pets stats? Please tell me if you know anything that can help, thank you.
Pedigree really doesn't come into play over what talents the pet will get that you may consider good - the parents decide that if your pet is not first generation. For instance I have a low 50ish pedigree Starfish from a hatch and it has MC Fairy Friend and Sprite. I have trained many other higher pedigree pets and so far none are getting that combo, Spell Proof and Energizing Battery are showing up more often. It also takes many hatches to hatch out bad talents.

Mary