Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lets Talk Pets.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2013
Hey Wizards and Witches I was wondering can you earn pets of your main school of magic. I've heard people say that you earn a pet that is your school only is that true? Also I was wondering what pets you can earn in Wyestria, Marleybone, Mooshu, and, Dragonspyre. Please don't put pets you earn for defeating a boss 100 times unless its an easy boss and is anywhere from 1 to 7 defeats.

Thanks,

Paul Sunblande Lvl.26 soon to be 27!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
There are many ways to get pets in the game. There are pets that anyone can get as boss drops, but they are pretty rare, so you might have to fight that bosss many times to get one. There are also school-only pets you get for doing quests at levels 48, 58, and 78. There are also pets you can buy for crowns or gold, and most (but not all) pets can be obtained by hatching.

Good luck!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
I hate to break it to you Paul, but getting a pet after defeating it 1-7 times isn't likely. For example I got the dark fairy from Bastilla Gravewynd but I had to beat her 50 times to get it. It is all luck. Your best bet is to level up and get all the pet drops in wizard city first, then work your way up. (Rattlebones, Bastilla Gravewynd, Prince Alicane Swiftarrow, and Achilles.)

Level 34